O/T - Discovery Channel

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MaineBean

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Soooo I got sucked into watching "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant"

Come on, really? 9 months without feeling a thing????? I'm just about 6 weeks and having every symptom in the book!

You gotta wonder how believable these stories are ...

/end rant

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 19th, 2012, 01:12 PM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
I agree. I don't understand how it happens. I am pulled into that show though.

August 19th, 2012, 01:34 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Agreed.

August 19th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
I agree, it is odd. But I guess it does happen, seems like most of those women are working a lot, under a lot of stress or have medical conditions that mimic pg symptoms, so not having a period and feeling sick is not unusual for them.

I think I pee on way too many sticks to miss a pg lol.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
August 19th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
I think I pee on way too many sticks to miss a pg lol.

August 19th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i have a friend who had no clue till 18weeks she spotted and ad no systmes and it was her 2nd baby it dose happen! i just dont ho thebaby grows without having u notice

thank you shortcake for my lovely siggy

August 19th, 2012, 03:40 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
We had a girl at work who called us a few months ago to say that she wouldn't be in because she had a baby over the weekend. She swears she had no idea that she was pregnant, and she delivered the baby at home. Apparently, she just thought she was having stomach issues and felt something odd when she was going to the bathroom. She was a bigger girl, but STILL. My babies moved ALL the time, I missed periods, etc. None of my pregnancies have been especially difficult, but I always knew I was pregnant. It is REALLY hard for me to fathom.

August 19th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Wow that's a crazy story!

I don't know though, missed periods, exhaustion, hard belly ... come on now, even if you were a "big" girl, I just couldn't imagine NOT knowing .... craziness but I still watch the show because I'm a dork

August 19th, 2012, 05:48 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
A friend of mine worked with a girl who claimed they didn't know either... Part of me thinks they are in denial but I guess it happens.

Forever missing my angel 2010

August 19th, 2012, 05:54 PM
linds2012's Avatar Expecting#1 (Due 4-15-13)
We have a customer at work who was having really bad cramps a few weeks ago, went to the hospital, and delivered a 6 lb baby boy, healthy as can be! She's only 18 and is skinny as a rail! I saw her just a few days before and you couldnt even tell she was pregnant! She was 34 weeks when she delivered, and the doctor said both her and baby were in great health considering she had no prenatal care!! Its crazy!
August 19th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
I think for some women, yes they do truly not know. They may be bigger women, who have no reason to think they are pregnant(ie, have not been able to conceive for years), have a sleepy baby who doesn't move much, and may have had a lot of surgeries that left scar tissue that changed how things felt.

It takes a lot of stuff to add up to it not being denial though, so for them to have honestly enough to do that many episodes though, there has gotta be some denial ones on!
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
August 19th, 2012, 07:21 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used to watch that show, some of those stories added up but most of them I swear those people are extremely ignorant or dumb lol. And all those toilet babies! argh!
August 19th, 2012, 07:29 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
My friend didn't find out she was pregnant until 5 months a long. It was so crazy, but she really didn't attribute any of her symptoms to being pregnant.

August 20th, 2012, 10:52 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It does seem crazy to me, but I guess it happens. I know if I'd had the symptoms I had with my last pregnancy (i.e. nausea & vomiting for 4-5 months straight), and I didn't know I was pregnant, I'd have been going to the doctor to find out exactly what was going on!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

August 20th, 2012, 11:41 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
And all those toilet babies!
I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that, because it would be all over my screen now!
*Anya* likes this.

August 20th, 2012, 03:03 PM
tsh32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yeah that's craziness. I did have a friend who didn't know until 20 weeks when her husband commented that she looked pregnant. But I'm way too aware of my body to understand that.

August 20th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Veteran
I have PCOS, and ever since my first pregnancy, I have had symptoms that feel exactly like morning sickness on and off. For two years! Also, my O symptoms are always exactly like pregnancy...and I don't always O. So, when I do, I feel so tired it's like I've been dragged miles behind a truck, and get all emotional and feeling extra pukey.

If someone had those symptoms like me, but wasn't trying for a baby and didn't know to POAS, and was one of those people who spots at approx the time of their period every month or is very irregular to being with, I can see how it can happen. You would just get used to ignoring your monthly "pregnancy" symptoms until you ignored the symptoms of a real pregnancy!

It has to be rare, but then again, they're combing the country for those stories to find the rare ones, right?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search