progesterone suppositories

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Field Mouse's Avatar nom nom
Anyone else on these? my clinic measured my beta level (10,000) and progesterone (10.7) and then I started taking these awful suppositories. Now it's up to 15 and I have to come in for a recheck. They want me to take them 3x per day. Am I in danger of losing the baby because of low progesterone? I told the nurse that I was having depression as a side effect and she said it was very important I take them. Any thoughts?
August 19th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
I have to take progersterone as well, I take mine orally. Sounds like your levels are coming up, thats really good.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
August 19th, 2012, 06:39 PM
oh yours are really high! Now I am kinda worried. I hope they come up soon....
August 19th, 2012, 06:56 PM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
I'm sure you will be ok since they started you on it right away. I'm on progesterone cream due to my previous losses, they don't even test my levels first. Don't worry, that's some strong stuff, especially 3 x daily...wow.

August 19th, 2012, 07:04 PM
it is intense! the side effects are insane
August 19th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Field Mouse View Post
oh yours are really high! Now I am kinda worried. I hope they come up soon....
Actually mine were really high b/c I was taking 600 mgs a day orally and my body actually seemed to do it's own progesterone this time, oddly since I have progesterone issues. With my son last year I was on 400 mgs a day and my levels were 24,29,26 then we upped it to 600 mgs a day and it only went up to 29. So my body wasn't making it's own progesterone very well, and even adding more to it didn't really do anything more, but it was over the level my Re wanted and everything went fine.

I guess what i am trying to say is DONT look at my levels now, whatever my body is doing is not at all normal for me, could just be a different pg/baby giving me different results in progesterone numbers. I have seen many ladies with low levels start progesterone and have a good pg.

Also a lot of times if the pg is not a good one, taking the progesterone wont help your levels, I had a loss in May, it was a bad embryo and my first progesterone draw was 8, I upped my meds to 600 mgs a day and my second draw was 3. So you can see that my levels dropped even with me adding more meds, your levels went up, that's a great sign

Also I had to drop down to 400 mgs a day b/c my Re thought 72 was too high.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012

Last edited by Grace; August 19th, 2012 at 07:11 PM.
August 19th, 2012, 07:14 PM
thanks for the useful information. I think my pregnancy is good just because we saw the heartbeat and my betas are ok. I haven't had a history of miscarriage. I refused the progesterone suppositories when I was pregnant with my son because of all the side effects (fell into a deep depression which took a long time to go away) but this time I think I can handle it.

I guess I will just continue to take them and try not to worry! your info is very helpful.
August 19th, 2012, 07:26 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
It's great that your level is going up. Most doctors like to normally see it over 10-20 depending on the clinic. Everyone's levels vary so try not to worry. I've taken them all 3 pregnancies to make sure I don't have a miscarriage (and this time mainly because I did IVF and wasn't producing my own). I know they're messy and cause a lot of side effects but they are helping that little bean grow and most of the time you can stop them around 10-12 weeks so almost 3-5 weeks left. Yay.

August 19th, 2012, 07:43 PM
almost done then! in the grand scheme of things it's a small sacrifice.
August 19th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Tracy87's Avatar Super Mommy
Just be glad you're not on the injections! Ugh they suck big time! Just remember it will all be worth it in the end!
TTC #1 since 4/2010

LAP Feb 2012
Stage 3 Endo Removed
July 2012 First IVF Cycle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search