Time to join again

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Veteran
Hello,
I got a positive 3 days ago. I only tested once but it was very clear that it was a positive. This is my third time pregnant. I have a 9 year old and an Angel in heaven that I miscarried summer of 2011 at 6-8 weeks. I have had some signs here and there of pregancy, yet, when I went to tell my husband that I was preggo he said that he knew already, he was just waiting for me to notice. He says that I have been acting different lately so he knew.
I called the doc yesterday waiting on instructions. They haven't called me back. I called again this morning, no phone call yet. I know I am preggo, is there anything that I should do? In the meantime, I have started my prenatals again. Maybe they are waiting until I am further along so they can set up an appointment. I'm getting antsy here, specially because I know that I lost my last one at about this time. I am 35 and will be 36 by the time this baby is born, is there any standard test for people my age while pregnant? I don't want to be caught by surprise.

Last edited by MeAgain; August 23rd, 2012 at 09:38 AM. Reason: oops I wrote 2012 instead of 2011
August 23rd, 2012, 09:34 AM
Veteran
I am 39 and will be 40 by the time I have this baby I know my Doctor will be doing more tests with this pregnancy because of my age!

August 23rd, 2012, 09:37 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! Congrats!

My OB does not consider a women to be of "advanced maternal age" until after 40. I have no idea what additional monitoring they might do at that point. I'm sure your doctor will talk with you about any age related concerns that may or may not be there.

I'll be 35 soon!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

August 23rd, 2012, 10:15 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Congrats and Welcome! I hope this is your rainbow baby.

August 23rd, 2012, 10:16 AM
Regular
welcome and congrats!
August 23rd, 2012, 10:20 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
Congrats and Welcome!! I hope this is it for you!

I know a lot of OBs consider woman over 35 SHR (slightly high risk). Maybe a few more tests here and there, but I don't think it will be anything major. Good luck!

August 23rd, 2012, 01:58 PM
Veteran
They finally called me back after I called a 3rd time. I don't know if this is preggo hormones already or what but I am annoyed by them. If it wasn't because I had this doc for my DD and I like her a lot, I would be shopping for another one already. I was being very nice and polite on the phone, promise!
Anyways, they want me to go in tomorrow for blood work. I will let you know the results.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search