Weird night cramping and chills

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2012, 10:07 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last night I woke up in the middle of the night freezing cold (even though I had blankets on) and with moderate cramping. I had to pee but it felt like I had a fever or something because I was dizzy and having a hard time getting up to make it to the bathroom. I finally made it there and came back to bed freezing but finally fell asleep. It kind of freaked me out and then today I feel different. I don't really feel pregnant anymore (if that makes sense). I still have some dull cramping and I feel like my period is coming. I had been really nauseous the past few days and that seems to be gone.

Has anyone had something like this happen before? I called the doctor's office and left a message asking if they wanted me to come in. I was planning to exercise this morning and I physically feel up for it, but I am worried and thinking that it might be better to drink water and take it easy instead.

I also had a dream after I went to bed that I had the baby and it was a boy and everything was wonderful. For some reason that dream with the experience has me even more worried. Any ideas?
August 23rd, 2012, 10:13 AM
katinagj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was had cold chills when I was pregnant with my son, and I seem to be having them now too. The cramping may just be your uterus stretching. With my first I had a lot of cramping. It always had me paranoid that I was going to lose the baby but I didn't. Just hang in there and if you are worried about it dont excercise, just relax, drink lots of water and see what your dr has to say. It may just be something else going on. Possible high blood pressure over night? I had a few times where I blacked out when I was pregnant with my son.

9-2009. 10-2009. 3-2012. 5-2012. 8-2012.

My Ovulation Chart

My blog: http://www.homemakerontheverge.blogspot.com/
August 23rd, 2012, 10:16 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
Symptoms and come and go, so you never know about that. And I have been freezing off and on the past couple of weeks. My DH has the fan blasting on him and I'm across the room under blankets!

I think taking it easy could be a good thing. Drink lots of water. But I'm sure everything is just fine. Just a crazy pregnant body moment As long as you aren't bleeding then I wouldn't worry too much.

KUP!

August 23rd, 2012, 10:17 AM
Bayamount
could be many things, but stress is never good. i would say, just ot reasure urself, poas. the little plus sign does wonders for me
August 23rd, 2012, 10:22 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hoping everything is ok! Have you checked your temperature? I have actually had low-grade fevers off and on for the last week and a half (look at my chart...you can see it), with chills and all that. It has never gotten higher than 100 degrees, and I've had no other symptoms with it, so it hasn't worried me yet. I've read that it can be common in early pregnancy. And it could be that the cramps were just a coincidence. I'm still having those off and on. And I agree with Elaina...symptoms can definitely come and go, so I wouldn't worry too much about that part.

I definitely think that resting and drinking plenty of water is not a bad idea, just in case. And checking with the doctor if you're unsure is always good. If it will ease your mind, hopefully you can get in to see them.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

August 23rd, 2012, 10:51 AM
Thank you for all the comments. No bleeding at all so I am hoping it was nothing. My last pregnancy I was totally relaxed and this one I am more worried because I am more aware of things that can go wrong. I will take it easy this afternoon.
August 23rd, 2012, 10:51 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
Is it possible you have a bladder infection? I know if one gets bad enough you can have chills and cramps. Just a thought since those are more common in pregnancy, I hope you feel better soon.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
August 23rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
In my first pregnancy, I was freezing cold all the time!! And guess what? In this one, it's happening again. So it sounds like you are normal there. As for the cramping, that could just be your uterus expanding. It feels like menstrual cramps. They should be mild. If they are painful, that's a sign to call your doctor.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
August 23rd, 2012, 03:04 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I am always cold lately ... and it seems like other girls on here are too! From what I've read, that's a common pregnancy symptom.

I have had some cramping too, sometimes its minor, sometimes its worse. I had some weird twinges going on right down by my pubic bone, so painful where I couldn't lay flat, I couldn't stand up, I had to curl in a ball. I so thought something was wrong. When I went to the dr. yesterday she said that was completely normal. After my U/S showed everything was great with little bean ... I was more confident that the pains were just my uterus expanding&growing...

Call your dr. if you're concerned, better to let them know and to advise you what to do...

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 23rd, 2012, 03:08 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
I have had the opposite problem.. waking up in the middle of the night soaked in sweat, which is totally unlike me.

August 23rd, 2012, 05:23 PM
I finally got to talk to my doctor. She said that since there is no bleeding I don't need to come in. She told me to monitor it and if I am feeling worse tomorrow that I can come in. I guess they only do ultrasounds there on Wednesdays and Thursdays and she said I could come in next week if that would help me feel better. I am feeling nauseous again this evening so I am hoping that is a good sign. Hopefully I don't have a repeat of that experience tonight. It really freaked me out. Thank you for all your support, I love this forum.
August 23rd, 2012, 05:25 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
keep us updated!!

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 23rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been getting cold off and on, too, even when DH is warm. I don't remember this with either of my other pregnancies, but it sounds like it's pretty normal. (It's very possible that it did happen and I just don't remember it.)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search