Early, on time, late or induced

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2012, 03:28 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
I have a feeling I'll go either a few weeks early or around a week late. My previous OB actually told me that since I'm a nurse to expect to go early because that's her experience with nurses. She's my previous OB for a reason though.

August 23rd, 2012, 03:37 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was induced at 41 weeks. I can't guess what might happen this time!

August 23rd, 2012, 03:59 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskk826 View Post
I have a feeling I'll go either a few weeks early or around a week late. My previous OB actually told me that since I'm a nurse to expect to go early because that's her experience with nurses. She's my previous OB for a reason though.

I'm a nurse also and I went late. I worked until the day after my due date!

August 23rd, 2012, 05:24 PM
DesertMama10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i average about a week to two weeks early. hopefully it will be the same again this time.

james - my water broke 3 weeks early.
alyssa - went into labor at 39 weeks, 4 days.
ryder - went into labor at 38 weeks 3 days.

August 23rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My son was 6 days late. But I ended up having an emergency c section, so this next one will be planned at 39 weeks.

*thank you*Kiliki*

August 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope on time or late! Don't care, I just want my natural VBAC!
August 23rd, 2012, 05:53 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AmazedByYou~ View Post
So this will be your 6th section?

Yes Ma'am , 5th one was last year in October.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
August 23rd, 2012, 06:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
audie i was induced the day after her due hate. with this one i hope im induced i loved it i felt like i was sae and the doctor had me under control

thank you shortcake for my lovely siggy

August 23rd, 2012, 06:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
Yes Ma'am , 5th one was last year in October.
You have no idea how encouraging that is for me. This will (most likely) be my third c-section, and I would love to have a large family if I can.
August 23rd, 2012, 06:07 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was induced the day after my edd with my first. Then #2 & #3 both came two weeks early. I'm not sure how this time around will pan out, could be early like the past two.

Mommy to 4 boys
August 23rd, 2012, 06:30 PM
Super Mommy
I was a week late with my son, and induced with my daughter. I'm really hoping to go into labor on my own with this baby so if that is the case I will be a week late. But I'm high risk and seeing a different OB this time, so who knows.

Thank you Misfitinmn for my signature!
August 23rd, 2012, 06:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My first was 11 days late and my second was 7 days late. I expect this on will be "late" as well.

August 23rd, 2012, 06:55 PM
JenLee's Avatar Veteran
I was induced at 41 weeks and 6 days with my oldest ds. I went into labor at 37 weeks and 5 days with my youngest, so who knows. I had a c-section with my second due to complications with myself and baby, so, I assume that the dr. will discuss possibly scheduling a c-section with this one? I guess I will find out at my first appt.

August 23rd, 2012, 07:14 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetch View Post
You have no idea how encouraging that is for me. This will (most likely) be my third c-section, and I would love to have a large family if I can.

A lot of people think 3 is the limit, but it's a misconception. If a women heals fine and has no issues, such as thinning of the uterus and scar tissue it's fine. Also having a good OB who doesn't see everything as big deal but still is careful with your health is great. We did not know going into the c-section last year what we were looking at, my OB had the report from my Re showing my uterus looked fine, but still we were not sure. At the c-section she said it looked great, no thinning, very very little scar tissue and gave us the green light for #6. This one is really mine and dh's second together. I think it's our last but I will know for sure at the c-section. My ob explained to me it has not much to do with how many you had but how well you heal, she has done second c-sections before and had to tell the mom no more babies, and then done 5th c-sections and given the green light for another. All depends on the healing.

BTW I also have a very good friend of mine who is in the Jan DDC she is also on c-section #6. I love my big family and was very worried many years ago that I could only have 3, so glad that wasn't the case.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
August 23rd, 2012, 07:18 PM
sarahe210's Avatar Veteran
My water broke (no labor) at 37 weeks 5 days and had her at 38 weeks eactly. At birth they told me her due date must have been wrong as she appeared to only be about 36.5 weeks along. No idea how that was possible. I swore I would be late because I never felt any contractions and my mother had me 3 weeks late (they used to let you do that). So who knows. Whatever happens, happens. Can't sweat the small stuff:-)

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

August 23rd, 2012, 08:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
A lot of people think 3 is the limit, but it's a misconception. If a women heals fine and has no issues, such as thinning of the uterus and scar tissue it's fine. Also having a good OB who doesn't see everything as big deal but still is careful with your health is great. We did not know going into the c-section last year what we were looking at, my OB had the report from my Re showing my uterus looked fine, but still we were not sure. At the c-section she said it looked great, no thinning, very very little scar tissue and gave us the green light for #6. This one is really mine and dh's second together. I think it's our last but I will know for sure at the c-section. My ob explained to me it has not much to do with how many you had but how well you heal, she has done second c-sections before and had to tell the mom no more babies, and then done 5th c-sections and given the green light for another. All depends on the healing.

BTW I also have a very good friend of mine who is in the Jan DDC she is also on c-section #6. I love my big family and was very worried many years ago that I could only have 3, so glad that wasn't the case.
Thank you! This conversation will help me in my conversation with my doctor. I have considered trying a VBAC if she will let me, but I don't know if I'll have the guts, especially because my last c-section was complicated. But I'll at least run it past her and see what she thinks. I'm so glad to know of your experience with your own. I don't want to limit my family size just because I've had c-sections.
August 23rd, 2012, 08:31 PM
libbeylou's Avatar Veteran
My first two were both a week late, so this one probably will be too.

Thank you, MaineBean for the peep siggy!
August 23rd, 2012, 09:30 PM
Regular
My first came early due to complications with the pregnancy. She was born at 36 weeks. I plan to have a csection again but Im not sure what this doctor does as far as timing the scheduling so I guess I expect to go on time?
Expecting Baby #2 - April 2013!
Please nothing about pregnancy outside of this board!
We are waiting to share our news!!

Not all morning sickness is JUST morning sickness.
If you are unable to keep down any liquids or nourishment at all you may have a real illness called Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG).
You dont have to battle it alone!
Contact me for help in advocating for your health and for that of your baby!
http://beyondmorningsickness.com/excerpts.php
http://www.helpher.org/mothers/hyperemesis-or-morning-sickness/index.php

August 23rd, 2012, 09:47 PM
Sandra815's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my dd I was induced at 37w6days . I gave birth to her at exactly 38 weeks I was induced due to her not growing well or fast enough. They told me better to take her out than keep her in. I am hoping this one will come on time

~~Thank you Natasha for my wonderful siggie!!!~~

August 24th, 2012, 04:02 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
My first was induced at 11 days late, and I had her just after midnight on the 12th day. That induction went very smoothly, and based on that experience, I would have highly recommended it to anyone.

My second was 6 days late and came on her own.

My third was 3 days late and came on her own.

My fourth was induced 10 days early because of hypertension issues for me. The induction was a complete reversal from my first and was, by far, my most difficult delivery.

I love being pregnant and hate the delivery process so going late is always my preference. I'm in no hurry to deliver.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search