Gaining Weight

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2012, 04:33 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I know you need to gain weight during a pregnancy but I am worried about gaining to much weight. I have recently lost 34lbs so I am afraid I am going to gain weight very easy and fast due to the weight loss. So far I haven't been craving anything so that's part has been easy but yesterday and today I felt like I ate more than normal but am keeping to eating healthy. I also haven't been working out...I'm afraid since I have had one loss already.

Any suggestions on how to avoid gaining to much or will that be pretty much unavoidable if that's what my body ends up doing?

Forever missing my angel 2010

August 23rd, 2012, 05:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's so different for everyone. For me, I have major food aversions and nausea for most of the pregnancy (maybe not this time?! That would be great!), so I don't gain very much. But that also means I don't have any great advice on how to keep it in check. But your doctor will, especially if you express that you're concerned about that. Good luck! I just lost a bunch, too, so I really don't want to put it right back on, either.
August 23rd, 2012, 06:23 PM
DesertMama10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i'm also like Sneetch where i get horrible morning sickness throughout most of my pregnancy so it makes putting on weight a little difficult. my last baby, i only gained 12 pounds. 17 the one before that. i'm hoping and praying i don't get horrible m/s this time around and will welcome the weight gain lol.

but, i think if you maintain a healthy diet and so some mild exercise like walking your body will only gain what it needs to gain for the baby.

August 23rd, 2012, 07:29 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
You can always meet with a nutritionist to discuss this. I have an appointment with one next week ... my main concern is that I have such a limited palate, even before being pregnant I never ate much because I have food issues. Now that I HAVE to eat, I need more assistance on what foods I (personally) can eat and be OK with.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 24th, 2012, 03:36 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Some of it is out of your control. One pregnancy I ate and ate, putting on 70 pounds. I know that was too much, but I also started out pretty thin. With the 3 after that, I never put on less than 45. It didn't matter what or how much I ate. I think my body needs to be a certain weight when pregnant, and I don't seem to have any control over it. Thankfully, my OB's/midwives have never been concerned about it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search