Twins or multiples

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2012, 04:40 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone on here having twins?

Do you wish you were having twins?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

September 3rd, 2012, 06:09 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
That was the first question I asked the other day at the ultrasound - are you sure there's only one??? Twins run heavily in my family so it's always a chance. She assured me she only saw one. I always thought I wanted twins, but if I were having twins, there would have to be some DEFINITE life changes to make it feasible. I think it's a relief that there is only one.

September 3rd, 2012, 06:29 AM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
My dad thinks I'm having twins. He saw my latest ultrasound and said he thought he saw twins. I told him that one was the baby and the other was the yolk sac. I'm pretty sure that there is only one in there.

September 3rd, 2012, 06:35 AM
lovin to be mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always wanted twins and although it would be crazy times I would love this time to be twins since this is planned to be our last.
September 3rd, 2012, 06:56 AM
I think it sounds good on paper to get 2 kids out of one pregnancy but I think it would be pretty hard considering I already have 2 that are young and that pregnancy would probably be a lot harder!
~AmazedByYou~ and HalfDozen like this.
September 3rd, 2012, 07:01 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I doubt it, but will hopefully find out in a couple of weeks. I'd be nervous and excited...not sure how we'd manage, but plenty of people do it, so I'm sure we'd find a way!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

September 3rd, 2012, 07:32 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
Twins are strong on the maternal side of my family starting with my mom being a fraternal twin and as much as she would love for me to have twins, just to keep it going I know it would be stressful. I was at wal-mart yesterday and noticed a lady who was trying to calm down her newborn twins, luckily she had some friends that were wanting to see the babies so they offered a hand. For the most part I would be on my own as dh works a lot of hours and my mom and mil would come for a few days and go back since they have jobs too, so as fun as twins sounds, I am sure TWO screaming newborns would be stressful with a toddler and 4 older children who need me as well. Glad there is one

My pg with dd revealed two sacs, but by the next u/s there was just dd. I am sure since she was #2, it wouldn't have so bad back then.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
September 3rd, 2012, 07:38 AM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Nope, during the dating us the ob checked and said Just 1!

AND HELL NO!!! I have a high needs daughter who will only be 16 months old. I do not want twins.
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
September 3rd, 2012, 07:59 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
Yes, I am! LOL

I never really thought about if I wanted them or not, but I knew there was a chance since they run so heavy on my DH's side and slightly on my side. I guess I was right. We are nervous, but excited

September 3rd, 2012, 09:15 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always wanted to be a twin and then when I was pregnant the first time I thought it would be fun to have twins. I still think that sometimes, but I also realize that things will be a lot easier if there is only one baby in there I am guessing there is just one since twins don't run in our families at all.
September 3rd, 2012, 09:26 AM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
I have always wanted twins, and I will find out next week if Im having them, but I kinda hope we're not. This will be our first, and although I know I COULD do it, the though of staying home with two babys seems overwhelming...

September 3rd, 2012, 09:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lots of twins on my moms side.... I always thought we would have 4 kids and this is #3. I'm not exactly young (although many people have them older than me) and I'm not sure we will have another. I would LOVE twins but I would be nervous carrying a twin pregnancy AND caring for the 2 I have at home already. I'm certain it wouldn't be easy but you'd get twice all the good parts too. I'll gladly just take healthy but twins would be cool ; )

September 3rd, 2012, 10:06 AM
jeragiz's Avatar Veteran
Dont Know if I am having Twins doubt it
Would I like to lol sorta cause this might be my last pregnany and giving my love a boy and a girl since he has neither would be fantastic ...hard as hell but fantastic
September 3rd, 2012, 01:02 PM
Regular
To be honest. Though i would love any children i were blessed with, im dreading the idea of twins! Im a twin with my bro, and my yonger sisters are twins too. So my dr does consider it a high possibility.I think it would be a lot more work. And a lot more space needed. This pregnancy was a suprise, and twins wiuld be a lot to take in. Whether we're adding 1 or 2 to our family of 3, we'll make it work. I'll know after my 1st u/s on sept 14.
September 3rd, 2012, 04:41 PM
Super Mommy
I would love to have twins! But in reality, I am already a high risk pregnant patient and twins would probably destroy my body so twins would not be ideal for us. I honestly dont think I'm pregnant with twins. There is no family history of it in my family.

Thank you Misfitinmn for my signature!
September 3rd, 2012, 09:50 PM
tsh32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin to be mommy View Post
I've always wanted twins and although it would be crazy times I would love this time to be twins since this is planned to be our last.
That's how I feel. Especially since I want another girl but feel strongly that we should have another boy. Be nice to get one of each.

September 4th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Regular
I kind of like the idea but it's kind of worrying too! My mum's midwife reckoned that my brother had started out as a mono mono twin but the other was lost early on. No other twins in my family that I know of, and I'm not old enough to make age a factor in increasing the likelihood. It does sound scary, partly because there were twins in the church creche I used to run and they were so much work! More than the other babies!
September 4th, 2012, 06:06 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am most likely not pregnant with twins, although I don't know for sure yet.

I don't really want twins. Since we already have 4 kids, it would be a lot of work. Plus, our car can only hold one more person, so if it's twins we would either see if we could get bench seat installed where the captain chairs are or buy another car altogether which I don't want to do!
HalfDozen likes this.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
September 4th, 2012, 08:18 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by seri0uslyc0nfused View Post
Yes, I am! LOL

I never really thought about if I wanted them or not, but I knew there was a chance since they run so heavy on my DH's side and slightly on my side. I guess I was right. We are nervous, but excited

Congrats.
seri0uslyc0nfused likes this.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

September 4th, 2012, 11:57 AM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
Not sure if I am or not, hopefully will find out soon. But I don't want twins, last year I had twins placed with me for 6 months while thier single mother tried to work some stuff in her life out, and while they are 'back' with her now I still get them quite a lot(I knew their mother previous to this that is why I was asked to take them). They will be 2 by the time my little one gets here but having the 11 year old twin 2 year olds and twin new borns would be very hard. I barely have space for one more in my house, car etc 2 more would be almost impossible at this time. BUT if it is I will love them dearly and find a way to make everything work!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search