Is this a UTI?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2012, 07:13 PM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
*Sorry for TMI*

I'm not having any abdominal pain (other than the ones in the morning), no pain when urinating, I do have the frequent urination (who doesn't when pregnant!), and when I go not much comes out.

I have had many UTI's before. This doesn't seem like one to me but I am not sure if I need to get it checked out or if it's okay. I think I'm getting enough water, but maybe I'm not and maybe that's why I'm not peeing enough when I go. Thoughts? Opinions?

September 3rd, 2012, 10:43 PM
tsh32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it doesn't hurt/burn, I would think it's not. But sometimes it just makes you feel like you have to go all the time and then nothing's there. it couldn't hurt to check.

September 4th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Regular
I was not peeing enough a few days ago, for a little while, but improved now - I've been trying to drink more and I think it's helping. Whether it is a UTI or not, drinking more won't hurt, I'd say.
September 4th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Veteran
doesn't sound like a UTI to me, but you should still get your urine checked since having bacteria in your urine when pregnancy has a much greater risk than when you're not pregnant (in terms of loss of pregnancy, preterm labour etc etc).

So if you're concerned, go see your family doctor and get a urine test...

And if you really want to work out what's going on - do a bladder diary: record what you drink and when, and when you pee and how much (measure it out each time)... then you'll know whether you've got a bit of bladder overactivity for whatever reason (and there are a lot of reasons...)

hope this helps.
September 4th, 2012, 06:49 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
It doesn't sound like one to me, but i'd get checked out anyways. Hopefully upping the fluid intake helps.

September 4th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
doesn't hurt to call your Dr just to be safe ...

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

September 4th, 2012, 07:56 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree...doesn't really sound like it. But you never know. I had a UTI around 10 weeks last pregnancy, and I had no symptoms whatsoever. It was only found at my initial ob appointment when they checked my urine.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

September 4th, 2012, 09:14 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not sure but if you aren't sure drinking more water and even cranberry juice will help.

I had one when I was 6 months pregnant with my first and it was so uncomfortable it hurt way more because she was more active and such.

I would get it checked out though if if continues.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

September 4th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Mommy in the Making
The same thing has been happening to me since before I found out I was pregnant. DH has even commented on what a weak stream I have! At both of my past 2 appts with my midwife she took a urine sample and both times they came back negative for UTI. I agree it doesn't hurt to get tested, if mine continues like this I'll probably get tested each time i go for an appt
September 5th, 2012, 06:31 AM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
Going to try to get in to a doctor today. Hopefully if it is a UTI we can knock it out real quick and if it's not then hopefully they can figure out what's going on.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search