Maternity Clothes

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2012, 01:54 PM
chrisnd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you wearing them?
I have been for about two weeks. I think it is crazy. This is my 3rd, so maybe that is why but NONE of my normal pants fit me. I can get away with my dresses and shirts but that is it.

SAHM to two little girls 5 and 3!
Due April 3rd but will have a C-section March 27th!

Check out my etsy store: www.etsy.com/store/dbigcreations
I make custom scrapbooks among other paper crafts
September 4th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am wearing my larger size clothes (and not jeans!). It has been warm enough here that I have been living in exercise shorts (elastic) and tshirts. Those things are pretty forgiving. I love maternity clothes though and I am going to start wearing those when the weather cools off.
September 4th, 2012, 02:32 PM
This is my 3rd also and I pretty much live in yoga pants which are like cutting the circulation off in my belly but I refuse to buy medium's just yet I wore a pair of my shorts 2 weeks ago that I wore when I was 13 weeks with my 2nd and they were pretty tight, I had to do some gymnastic moves to stretch them out. I swear I feel like Im showing already. I have my pics from baby #2 and my 8 week belly with this one looks like my 12 week belly with #2!!!
September 4th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm just 7 weeks now but only my clothes that were kinda big anyway fit. Elastic waistbands are my friend ; ) I'm sure I'll be in maternity soon. This is number 3 for me too.

September 4th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Jaxon04NTaylor08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought a pair of jeans in the next size up and they are much more comfortable. Im doing ok on clothes right now because i wear my shirts that are not tight at the bottom and it hides my belly. When it starts to get colder out ill need new maternity clothes though!

September 4th, 2012, 03:20 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
some I got a pair of pants since i hate my regular jeans right now lol, need to wash the stuff that's sitting in the garage. I want looser shirts so I don't have to make excuses for the "weight gain"
September 4th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Jeanie915's Avatar Hallie's Mommy
I will be breaking out the maternity pants soon. If I have a full belly, I can't button my regular jeans. This in-between stage is so frustrating!

September 4th, 2012, 07:38 PM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
My clothes are getting tight now... I am due the very beginning of May but this is my fourth. I feel like I already look pregnant. haha I think I will be pulling out the maternity clothes in the next week or two

September 4th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i lost weight just before i got preg so they still fit but im looking into some shirts soon tho target online has some cheap ones
September 4th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is my 3rd also, and I'm 9 weeks right now. I'm still wearing my regular pants. A couple weeks ago they were tight on me from being bloated, but fortunately that has gone away.

September 5th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Regular
Now I feel bad - it's only my first and I pulled out some clothes I thought would be loose and... they're really not! I'm really thinking about maternity trousers because I haven't got any I can wear other than sports trousers, which just make me feel like I'm wearing pyjamas It's mostly bloat, I think, but that doesn't change the fact that my trousers don't do up or cut in painfully if they do! Is 8 weeks too early to start buying maternity clothes?!

September 5th, 2012, 07:49 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not yet, but I'm only 6 weeks along. I get pretty bloated by the end of the day though.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
September 5th, 2012, 07:54 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Wearing regular shirts, but my bigger pants and maternity shorts. I definitely agree that being a 3rd pregnancy has a lot different changes!

September 5th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Mommy in the Making
Most of my shorts/pants are way too tight, even some my gym shorts! Even the maternity pants I bought seem tight - I HATE the part of the maternity part of the pants! It's really hard to be comfortable with anything even the slight bit tight on my belly. I have 2 skirts that are loose and comfortable, when those are dirty, I wear my biggest gym shorts...if DH says "You're wearing that out?" one more time, he's gonna regret it! I go bottomless most of the time I'm at home...Thank goodness I work from hom!
September 5th, 2012, 09:15 AM
lulu711's Avatar Super Mommy
still wearing regular clothes, but I've gained four pounds. I know it's because I was on a diet and exercising very regularly, but that has fallen apart with the last week of nausea plus constipation. I started at ten pounds under my previous pre-preggo weight, so clothes will hopefully fit for at least a few more weeks!
September 5th, 2012, 09:44 AM
lovin to be mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been buying maxi dresses and maxi skirts and they are cute non preggo but are perfect and comfy with my bloat belly and will be perfect for my whole pregnancy! So excited to have discovered them! Lol
September 5th, 2012, 11:01 AM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
I did buy a pair of maternity pants the other day, but only because I found them cheap at a resale store here in town. My reg jeans still fit fine, my shorts I bought not long before I found out are a little tight, but then I also bought them a little tight because I had been losing weight so I figured I could wear them a little longer if I got them just a little tight. I can still button them but if I have to sit for a long while in them I have to unbutton them because they dig in. But I haven't gained any weight yet, in fact as sick as I have been I have lost weight.

September 5th, 2012, 11:32 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I have not broken out the maternity clothes yet. I lost weight after having my last one so that I weighed less than when I got pregnant with her. Therefore, I have multiple sizes. The ones that were fitting me best at my "low" weight are now uncomfortable and definitely need to be unbuttoned by the end of the evening. The next size up, which is still a size below where I started, are still okay. So, thankfully, I have one more size up I can go before I really "need" the maternity clothes. I did the same thing with my first -- I just bought larger sizes for a couple of months. Of course, at that time, I was trying to hide my pregnancy for different reasons.

New picture in progress......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search