Vegetables are disgusting to me !

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2012, 05:50 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm worried that I'm not getting enought veggies because they turn me off so much lately.

I do eat alot of fruit.. And my vitamin must have lots of good stuff.

Think I'll be alright? AnyOne else not eating their greens?
September 4th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Hi..popping in from the October DDC. I have not been able to eat veggies regularly since being pregnant. It took me until I was way into my second trimester to even try to eat a salad. I still can't eat them like I should be. I just can't help it. And when I force myself it just makes me sick. I am not worried. My doctor suggested dried apricots offer a lot of the same nutritional benefits as broccoli and some other veggies. I also drink shakes with a lot of added stuff to them which I know helps. I am doing the best I can with it Good luck and hope you are able to stomach veggies soon!

September 4th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Super Mommy
Deleted due to personal information.

Last edited by Capeladybug; February 12th, 2013 at 06:28 AM.
September 4th, 2012, 06:49 PM
YES!!!! I normally eat salad with lunch and dinner and I can't even look at it. I'll make it and then not be able to eat it. About the only thing Im eating is fruit.
September 4th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have cut way back on vegetables too. I tried to really load up on them while ttc and the early days of pregnancy. Luckily I am still eating a lot of fruit, so hopefully that helps!
September 4th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i should get a juicer! i have always had a problem getting in my greens and i know now its worse i try to eat a bit and i hope i end up getting more in soon!
September 5th, 2012, 07:51 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my daughter, I couldn't eat green veggies for some reason, especially green beans and broccoli. I threw them up every time I ate them, for the first trimester anyway. It was frustrating, but I loaded up on fruit, and she was just fine. As long as you're trying to get produce in other ways, don't worry about it.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
September 5th, 2012, 08:01 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I am not a big veggie fan on a normal basis, particularly cooked veggies. Blech!! This time around, I feel more interested in veggies, but only raw ones. Again, no thanks on the cooked -- I don't like the texture/consistency. Anyhow, I have never eaten tons of veggies with any of my other pregnancies, and my daughters all seem normal, relatively. Okay, maybe I should have said healthy!!

New picture in progress......
September 5th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Mommy in the Making
There's ways to get veggies if you cut them up really small and put them in with other things (like in with tomato sauce, or chopped up in beef patties)....I don't have any specific recipes, but hear about mothers doing that to make sure their children get veggies in their diet without them knowing. I wonder if that would help?
September 5th, 2012, 11:12 AM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
There isn't much that I am able to eat right now and that includes most veggies. Those I was able to eat and keep down some steamed zuccinni and squash last night and I don't seem to have to much trouble with boiled broccoli. Hope it gets better for you soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search