cloths for the bigger mommys

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i was getting a hair cut and this lady who was larger then me she was telling me she had a hard time finding cloths to fit so i am big now im gona hate admitting this im a 26 pants 3 x shirts and i have no ideas on what to buy i dont know and i hope i don't get huge but im gona need stuff to were, anyone here have ideas?
September 4th, 2012, 09:34 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
anything with elastic waist would work, and if necessary get tops in next size up. Honestly I'm not a huge fan of maternity clothes and try to get around it the best I can. Does motherhood maternity not carry plus sizes? or old navy maternity? I get most of my maternity stuff there (and some from H&M, again not sure if they carry plus sizes) worth checking though
September 4th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a big thrift store shopper and lately I have seen TONS of maternity clothes in 3x (from Motherhood Maternity mostly). So I know that Motherhood sells larger sizes. You could always check out thrift stores near you or ebay to see what might be out there.

Okay, I just looked on ebay and I found tons of things.

If you don't want to wear maternity clothes you could try just going up a size and look for clothes that aren't very restricting or fitted.

It may just depend on how your body grows while pregnant. I have a friend who wears a 3x and she is a million times more fashionable than I am and I know that she looked great while pregnant. Once I am a little farther along and can tell her that I am expecting I can ask her for ideas. I feel like I am starting to ramble. I hope that helps!
September 5th, 2012, 07:07 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Old Navy also sells plus sizes. My sister bought many things from there when pregnant. The one thing that you have to be careful with is that a lot of the stores don't sell them, and they are only available online. They will let you return them to the store, usually, but different stores seem to have different sizing, and sometimes even the same store has different sizing within particular items.

September 5th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ill have to ck out old navy i went in modern maternity theirs a huge store by us but the cloths are so expensive i cant pay 50 for one shirt!
have any of you mommy's that are bigger found a brand you like? i am tall to but i guess my torso is normal
September 5th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i think my thing w online shopping is if it dont fit i have to pay to ship it back im cheap lol but ill ck our local thrifts again and we have a big mall so ill ck old navy too i dont mind wearing maternity i just want it to not be crazy expensive
thanks for the input everyone!!!

o if im a 3x now will i be a 3 x maternity?
September 5th, 2012, 10:10 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Usually, you should buy the same maternity size as you wear in normal clothes. They are supposed to be "true to size". However, take that with a large grain of salt, and I wouldn't say for sure until you've tried some things on from various brands. For example, in Motherhood Maternity, I wore a L in shirts last time, even though all my non-pregnant shirts were an XL because of my chest. And look through clearance racks. I didn't buy anything from Motherhood Maternity that wasn't on clearance.

September 5th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Regular
I know exactly how you feel. Im a size 18. Which is next to impossible to find in Canada. Im going to have to do some cross border shopping, if i get mat clothes. That being ssid, my goal is to not gain any weight with this pregnancy. My dr feels thst will be fine, as long as im eating healthy and not "going hungry." Of course i'll end up with a bit of belly, so im hoping those bellybands might work with some long layering tanks. Wish i was still my pre-first-baby-weight
Then i could use all my old mat xlothes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search