IBS and pregnancy

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Veteran
Two years ago I went 'tru a very stressful situation and I ended up with what seemed to be IBS. I went to the gastro and he gave me this long speech about how it could be IBS but didn't offer to test any further. For a while I was taking some pro-biotics, they seemed to help but the doctor kept saying that they were good for nothing. That the effects were only mental.
Well, needless to say, I stopped going to him and I never tested.
Foward to today, I must be 6-7 weeks pregnant right now (I will verify tomorrow with my transvaginal) and my IBS is bad. Yesterday I woke up with these cramps (it scared the crap out of me) I thought I was having a miscarriage again. I called the doc, and she said that it was probably indigestion as I never bled. I am making sure to tell her tomorrow about my IBS.
Why can't I feel assured of this pregnancy!!!
I feel like I have growing inside me a big ball of gas instead of a baby.

Rant over!
September 5th, 2012, 07:04 AM
libbeylou's Avatar Veteran
My bloating and tummy issues were at their worst between weeks 5-7. Things have gotten much better now that the bloating has subsided a lot.

I'm also taking a RAW prenatal (by Garden of Life) which seems so much easier on my stomach than the prescription prenatals did.

Hopefully, you will get some reassurance tomorrow that everything is just fine!

Thank you, MaineBean for the peep siggy!
September 5th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I also have IBS and dealt with a lot of cramping/gas in 6-7 weeks - it's def subsided a lot since then. I continue to take the probiotics as I believe they work. I've been extremely regular too

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

September 5th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Regular
Ditto to IBS, am normally on a pretty extreme exclusion diet (no carbs at all, except that I can eat sugar, no beef, no ground-up meat, no dairy, no eggs, nothing acidic like citrus fruits or... apples! And definitely no soya!). I am finding it impossible to stick to my diet now because I get so hungry/sick and have to eat so often and can't face cooking until I've already eaten a bit. Well, my IBS seems to be a bit better now that I'm pregnant - yes, I've got bloating (lots, hence plan for maternity clothes soon!), but all the other symptoms I would normally deal with if I wasn't sticking to my diet are significantly reduced.

I worried about various pains I was having, but every time my husband's palpated and percussed and tells me it's just trapped wind

I also had a gastro dr I didn't like; I made him refer me to a dietician as soon as he worked out that I didn't have "anything wrong" - nothing that medicine sorts out anyway.

September 5th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Regular
Have you been tested for Celiacs? Its a gluten intollerance that has some symptoms similar to ibs. And if one does have it, without proper diet, there is increased difficulty with fertility and risk of m/c. This is if course second hand info, from a friend that has it
But talk to your dr about your concerns and symptoms..... hope everything is ok.
September 5th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Bayamount
ibs here too, probiotics dont cure but they sure do help. i know some girls here take 2 pills a day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search