travel systems do u know what u want?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i am a bit car seat obsess i take care of kids for a living and i just love car seats so i think i know what ill pick of i have a girl

Graco SnugRide 30 Infant Car Seat - Minnie Mouse - Graco - Babies "R" Us

Toysrus
and that's the stroller i don't know what i want if i have a boy tho
September 5th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Jaxon04NTaylor08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are getting this stroller:

Graco Ready2Grow LX Stand & Rider Stroller - Odyssey - Graco - Babies "R" Us

with this carseat if its a boy:

Graco SnugRide 30 Infant Car Seat - Odyssey - Graco - Babies "R" Us

If the baby is a girl then ill get a different carseat but the stroller has to be gende neutral because my son will be in it too!
KrissyS likes this.

September 5th, 2012, 09:22 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we're going to need to get a new bucket seat for a newborn- we had some sort of Britax before but I'm afraid it's at its expiration. (DH doesn't believe me that there really is an expiration on them- it's going to be a fight to get a new one. It's not like I WANT to spend more, sheesh!)

New baby will use the Britax Marathon (I think that's what we've got now) when it's old enough, as my son will be ready for a booster by then I believe.

For a stroller, we've got (although I think it's out on loan to someone?) a Snap N Go stroller frame that we LOVED! So easy to use with the bucket, cheaper than a whole new stroller, and fits way better in my trunk. We've also got an oldey timey pram that my husband was pushed around in 36 years ago that we can use for neighborhood strolls. Again, by the time we're ready for our Chicco umbrella style stroller, DS won't want to be pushed around I doubt.

Plus, I've got a few slings and a baby carrier that I can use for the little one if my toddler wants to get wheeled.
goingfor4 and KrissyS like this.

September 5th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
yea they do expire! ask him what do u think happens to plastic that's sat in the sun for 6 years! u also can get a massive ticket if there not in current seats car seats are not that expensive britex is a great brand just expensive
September 5th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Super Mommy
Deleted due to personal information.

Last edited by Capeladybug; February 12th, 2013 at 05:26 AM.
September 5th, 2012, 10:13 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We skipped the infant carrier with my daughter she went straight into a convertible and I have no regrets about how we went about it, I wore her in the sling when we were out. My sister has the peg perego seat though that she is trying to convince me I should use it, she'll be done with it by the time baby comes and it's still got 2 years till expiration. For full size stroller we have this in red so I think it's gender neutral, and I have the bassinet for when baby is a newbie
Bumbleride - The Ride Of Your Life - Queen B - Colors

Capeladybug make sure you practice folding the strollers at the store, my sister had the bugaboo and folding it was always a pain, you had to remove the car seat attachments before you can collapse it fully, and once you use it with a standard stroller attachment you still have to remove the seat part before you can fold the stroller. she ended up getting the maclaren wheels for the carseat because bugaboo was too much of a hassle as a travel system.
September 5th, 2012, 10:34 AM
.*.H&HMomma.*.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to .*.H&HMomma.*. Send a message via Yahoo to .*.H&HMomma.*.
I haven't really looked yet but I think I may go with a Chicco this time around.

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 5th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
We still need to get a double stroller, right now we have a Chicco for Isaac. The baby will in the Chicco romantic when it's born. I love these seat, very good safety rating and the padding is amazing, most the others felt like plastic covered with fabric.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
September 5th, 2012, 10:59 AM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
I have a Chicco Keyfit 30 and Chicco Cortina travel system from my son. I loved loved loved it. After using my sister's Graco Snugride with my niece, I swore I'd never buy one. I do, however, adore my Graco MyRide65 convertible seat. We have the keyfit, the myride, a britax boulevard, an evenflo triumph advance DLX, and a Graco Argos. The keyfit and myride are my favorites by far. I despise head slump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
We still need to get a double stroller, right now we have a Chicco for Isaac. The baby will in the Chicco romantic when it's born. I love these seat, very good safety rating and the padding is amazing, most the others felt like plastic covered with fabric.

I agree 200%. We have the romantic one also.

September 5th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I have the Orbit system. LOVE it. The new Orbit G2 double helix is coming out soon so I'll probably get that to make my stroller a double. I also have a double BOB, and the City Mini double GT.
September 5th, 2012, 11:14 AM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
Pretty sure were going with Chicco keyfit. Though I have been eyeing a convertible I like and was contemplating it. Just don't like the idea that if baby is asleep in the seat having to take them out/wake them up to go inside.

September 5th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
No clue which brand or style, yet. But, I do know that I will NOT be getting an infant carrier, this time around! We only used our youngest son's for about 3mos, and he grew out of it! And, I JUST gave it away, before I found out we were expecting again! We have a double stroller, from when my two middle children were born so close together, now 5 and almost 6! I am really ready for an upgrade!!! It's just old, heavy, and doesn't move around with ease. I'm gonna have to start researching!
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

Pregnancy stats for baby #6, due late May 2014:
BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123
(doubling time of 22.73 hours!!! )
8wk u/s appt scheduled for Oct. 14th

Prgnancy stats from baby #5:
13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
19dpo= HCG-1427, (P4 was not taken again)
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935
Doubling = 50.47hrs (from 19dpo to 27dpo)
First doc appt & u/s scheduled for Sept 10th

pregnancy stats from baby #4:
12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

September 5th, 2012, 02:24 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We Want a Bob Revolution!
BOB Revolution SE - swiveling front wheel for multi-surface adventures - BOB Strollers | BOBgear | BOB
September 5th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't even looked at car seats yet. We probably won't buy one until closer to my due date. We also won't be getting a stroller. I wore my daughter everywhere when she was little and as soon as she could walk she just walked everywhere. It significantly limits what we can do but it worked for one kid and I am going to try it again with this one.
September 5th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love chiccos that is what I'll use for a boy this bugaboos fell to flimsy to me jmo The orbits have a great product but I wonder baby's seem to sit more upright did your baby have head slumping problems? Love seeing all the resurch everyone is doing!
September 5th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Pretty sure we are getting this one. We already have to travel out of province to get it so that affects how much we have to spend on a stroller

Graco DuoGlider Stroller - Odyssey - Graco - Babies"R"Us
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
September 5th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissyS View Post
I love chiccos that is what I'll use for a boy this bugaboos fell to flimsy to me jmo The orbits have a great product but I wonder baby's seem to sit more upright did your baby have head slumping problems? Love seeing all the resurch everyone is doing!
No. The Orbit was hands down the best money we spent. Especially if you have an SUV. You put the baby in facing you then turn the seat rear facing. A life saver for your back!! Then to take baby out you swivel baby to face you and can attach to stroller base.
September 6th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
my friends have it its a ok seat i prefer graco or chicco tho seeing as all car seats have a safety test they must pass then its down to bells and whistles and i don't have the money for a orbit ehhehe

i have 2 convertibles i work as a nanny so i want to do a infant just when there tiny and then move up i will for sure do extended rear facing my hubby works as a parametric so safety is whats most important.

Last edited by KrissyS; September 6th, 2012 at 09:34 AM.
September 6th, 2012, 11:48 AM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Capeladybug make sure you practice folding the strollers at the store, my sister had the bugaboo and folding it was always a pain, you had to remove the car seat attachments before you can collapse it fully, and once you use it with a standard stroller attachment you still have to remove the seat part before you can fold the stroller. she ended up getting the maclaren wheels for the carseat because bugaboo was too much of a hassle as a travel system.

I agree, one of the strollers I had with the twins was like this where you had to remove pieces to be able to fold it. It became a real pain, and then when you were traveling you had to figure room for all the pieces. I ended up with a Graco(I think) double that just folded real easy (the only thing with it is remember to lay the front sun shade down before you try to fold it). I got so I could fold it one handed.

I'm not real sure what we will end up with but I am heavily leaning towards a Graco of some sort. I had a couple different brands with the twins and liked that brand much better than the other, also I already have a little travel swing base that the Graco carriers snap into that the other one didn't.

September 6th, 2012, 05:31 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissyS View Post

Just something to think about. Will you be replacing your stroller/carseat with each child? If you get one that is gender specific and your next child is a different gender, you're facing the choice to put a son in a pink/purple carseat/stroller or buy all new stuff (which can get very pricey)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search