Looking For ...

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By nameetog
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen
  • 2 Post By candyfloss1
  • 1 Post By princessrory
  • 1 Post By Ballmama4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2012, 01:22 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
My motivation. Can anyone help me? It seems that I have lost all motivation, particularly when I am at work, and I need to figure out how to re-locate it. I don't know if it is sheer exhaustion, lack of interest, or possibly just laziness. I know it's been crazy at home since the girls went back to school last week, and I have 1 in volleyball and 1 in cross country. Add open houses to the mix and late dinners. And today, my mom flew in for a visit, and I had to drive down to Boston to get her.

I keep looking at the piles on my desk, and I swear, they are growing by the day. Yet, here I sit on JM and keep getting up to get refills of water or to use the bathroom. All I can think about right now is that I'd really like a nap, but I think they may frown on the H/R person napping at her desk, particularly since we've terminated people for sleeping on the job. Do I have things I could/should be doing? Absolutely! Am I doing them? Absolutely not! I think I just need a way to get out of my little rut because I know that I am not being productive. Don't get me wrong - work is still getting done, but it's certainly not my usual level of speediness or ambition.

Anyone else missing their motivation? Maybe I should organize a search party to help me find mine...

New picture in progress......
September 6th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been hanging out on the couch for the past hour or so trying to figure out how I am going to nap AND keep an eye on my kiddos. Oh and I'm thinking about bringing that load of laundry over there back down to the basement just so I don't have to look at it and feel so bad about NOT folding it

Maybe we can find mine after yours??

Off topic and you don't have to be specific or give details at all but I live in Southern NH so my ears perked about about driving to Boston ; )
HalfDozen likes this.

September 6th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Jaxon04NTaylor08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im right there with you! I surprisingly cleaned some of my house today and that is a HUGE deal for me right now lol.

September 6th, 2012, 01:53 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameetog View Post
Off topic and you don't have to be specific or give details at all but I live in Southern NH so my ears perked about about driving to Boston ; )
Yep, southern NH as well. We've really lived quite a few places, but this is where we're settled now, at least for the foreseeable future.
nameetog likes this.

New picture in progress......
September 6th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Veteran
if you find yours.... have a look to see if mine is there too.

maybe there is a local "motivation convention" they went to? (i'm in MA)
HalfDozen and nameetog like this.
#1- dd17
#2- ds14
#3- ds9
#4- ds8

#5- dd6
#6-ds 1

September 6th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Atank03's Avatar Veteran
Me Too!! I dont want to do anything at home at all. My laundry is backing up and dh has been doing it but then he puts the clean clothes baskets and they wrinkled...ugh sorry thats a different rant, lol
But I agree I have no desire to do anything lol
September 6th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I hear you hunny!

I go back to work on Monday after 3 weeks off ... and all I've been doing is laying on the couch and not moving, the house is semi-clean but could be better.

No idea how I'm going to manage going back to work when I can barely stand up without yawning

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

September 6th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Veteran
oh thank god! i thought it was just me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyfloss1 View Post
if you find yours.... have a look to see if mine is there too.

maybe there is a local "motivation convention" they went to? (i'm in MA)
and if there is a convention, my motivation has clearly taken an international holiday to join in!

how long does this convention last?
HalfDozen likes this.
September 7th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Mine is also away on convention.
HalfDozen likes this.
September 7th, 2012, 09:03 AM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
I think mine is going back and forth to the convention, lol. Most days I'm like ugh I can't seem to get anything done. But then there are days like the other night when all of a sudden at like 11 o'clock I couldn't handle it anymore and went into a 'deep' clean mode on my bedroom, got most of it done and it was starting to look a lot better until all of a sudden at about 11:45 I just lost all motivation and crashed. Probably a good thing since I had to be up at 6:30 the next morning to get DD ready for school and off to grandpa's so I could go to work.

September 7th, 2012, 11:17 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
I'm having that issue bad today. I need to mop the kitchen and vacuum the living room, but what am I doing? Sitting here online I also need 5 more hours of work to finish up my week, but I need to get the cleaning out of the way first. Ugh....I just want my DS to take a nap so I can snuggle up with him and pass out!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search