Rant - The "Fat" Stage

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen
  • 1 Post By MommysPocket
  • 1 Post By Purple_cat
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By Sneetch
  • 2 Post By seri0uslyc0nfused
  • 1 Post By hearts.0nfire
  • 1 Post By nameetog
  • 1 Post By Atank03
  • 1 Post By nameetog
  • 1 Post By libbeylou
  • 1 Post By ~AmazedByYou~
  • 1 Post By nameetog
  • 2 Post By sarahb52
  • 1 Post By blueeyes25s
  • 2 Post By 2Nlove
  • 1 Post By jacquifef
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen
  • 1 Post By hkystar

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2012, 09:06 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I don't know about you other ladies, but this morning was the first morning that I really felt like my body either just needs to produce a bump or step it back a little.

I was trying to decide what to wear, and I'm realizing that I need things to cover up my stomach a little more that aren't quite so form fitting in spots. In short, I'm trying to avoid just looking "fat". I'm going through, in my head, what I can wear and realizing that most of it is in my pile of ironing, which I HATE, that needs done and which I don't have time to do in the morning. So, I finally decide on a shirt that I think will be okay because of how it fits, or at least how I REMEMBER it fits. Ummmm, no. First of all, the v-neck cuts much lower than I recall, and my bra is sticking out. Working around nuns does not really make that such a good idea. Second of all, it's snug in all the wrong places and looks pretty ridiculous with my skirt (which I might add I bothered to take extra time to shave my legs this morning because my skirts are looser, and, therefore, more comfortable to wear than my pants). So, at this point, there's no way I'm putting pants on. I was sure that this must have been one of my L shirts, but of course, I checked the tag, and it's an XL.

My mom took me shopping last week (non-maternity clothes since she doesn't know I'm pregnant), but I like to space out my new clothes over a longer period so that I feel like I have new things later on, and besides, the lady stuffed them all in the bag, and they're all wrinkled. See above about the ironing. I do realize I may not have a chance to wear them all before I need to break out the looser/maternity stuff, but it will fit me after.

Finally, I decide on a new shirt, which I did wear last week and was hung up, but I wore it on a day off so no one at work saw me in it.

I just feel like nothing is fitting quite right, and yes, I know it's normal. I'm really just venting. I'm not ready to tell anyone about this little one yet so I don't REALLY want to pop yet, but at least then I would know what clothes I need to wear. I do have a size larger still that I can go in pants that I own, so it's not like I am destitute on clothes. It's really that I'm having troubles with just my shirts. I'm big in too many places to feel comfortable in my "regular" clothes, but I'm not ready for maternity clothes yet.

Anyone else having the daily clothes struggle???
2Nlove likes this.

September 18th, 2012, 09:22 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same here. :/ I lost all the weight from my DD but still have that crappy puch which has decided to stick out even further now. Luckily everyone mows I'm expecting so I don't have to hide it but an still don't want to switch into maternity.
HalfDozen likes this.

September 18th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am embracing the "fat" stage. I can only wear my largest shirts now so I actually took all the other shirts out of my closet and put them in a bin in our storage area. At least now I know that everything in my closet fits.... for now.

My bigger problem is pants. I haven't even tried to wear my jeans in a month, I have been wearing exercise shorts everywhere. I have even worn them out to dinner. No one has said anything, so I am just going to keep rocking this look until it gets cold.
HalfDozen likes this.
September 18th, 2012, 09:58 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I'm getting there. I recently lost a lot of weight, so I was actually fitting into my pre-first-pregnancy clothes again. NOW, though, I'm starting to get to big for those shirts. However, I'm not big enough for maternity shirts yet. I'm always trying to find shirts that conceal the extra belly because there are people who I am not ready to tell yet. So, yeah, it's a struggle.
HalfDozen likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

September 18th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just noticed yesterday that I'm starting to show a little. Way earlier than with either of my boys (but there was a big gap between them, and #2 and #3 will be less than two years apart, so I'm not surprised I'm showing earlier).
HalfDozen likes this.
September 18th, 2012, 10:29 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
I'm totally looking fat. I have gained 1lb to date but I look like I have gained 5lbs. And what drives me nuts is my face looks fat, so I can't even hide it that much. I'm hoping that is part of the bloating and that will go down soon.

I am lucky and I work at home so I have been living in sweats and yoga pants, but during the weekend it has been a struggle trying to figure out what to wear. I think this weekend I will finally break down and wear my maternity jeans because I can't sit comfortable in mine anymore. And I can no longer suck in my stomach, it feels hard and it hurts to suck in too much. 2 more weeks and I will just let it out to breathe!!
~AmazedByYou~ and HalfDozen like this.

September 18th, 2012, 10:52 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I'm definitely stuck in the fat or pregnant stage. I've just been embracing it lol.
HalfDozen likes this.

September 18th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep, totally in a clothing struggle. I haven't broken out my maternity and honestly I am only NINE weeks so I really shouldn't need that stuff yet AND I haven't told anyone in real life yet just my board girls from my sons playgroup (now a private board) know. I plan on telling soon so I feel like after that cat is out of the bag I'm going to be straight into maternity cause I feel so uncomfortable in everything right now. I actually greatly dislike this stage ::blech::
HalfDozen likes this.

September 18th, 2012, 11:24 AM
My husband was saying that he can definitely tell in some of my clothes, but so far, no one else knows (except of course the midwives, our PCP, you ladies here, and another board that I'm on). I think they all just think I'm getting chunky. I was sure my daughters would have figured it out by now, especially since we just did this a little over a year ago, and the 3 older ones are definitely old enough to know things that are going on.

However, we're having our friends (a couple) over this weekend, and I think that she will definitely be able to tell so I'm thinking we should go ahead and tell them. That gets a little tricky, though, since our girls don't know. She came over to visit a couple of weeks ago while my mom was visiting, and my mom asked her if she wanted to see a picture of her newest grandchild (my sister's ultrasound). My friend asked my mom if she meant me. My mom told her that no, it was my sister. So then my friend said, "I thought maybe I was supposed to know something." I think she suspects already, but she would never be so bold to say, "Gee, it looks like you've put back on some of your weight from before Katie. Or is that a small bump I'm noticing?"

Decisions, decisions...

September 18th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Atank03's Avatar Veteran
Yea I agree, I cant stand the tightness of my jeans around my tummy. This is number #3 for me so i am chubby already but I have been wearing sweats and loose capris all the time. I hate this inbetween stage. I just walk around with my tummy pushed out and tell people I am 5 months prego, lol...No i havent done that but i might.
HalfDozen likes this.
September 18th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a friend I "caught" checking out my bump/bloat/pouch the other day. I think she has an inkling. I have felt really crummy several times we have gotten together for playdates and not quite myself, I'm not sure I hid it well. She knows we were going to TTC and she is expecting herself so wants a preggo buddy but honestly it happened so fast for us I'm not sure if she is just wondering or "knows" yanno. Another reason I'm ready to tell but I REALLY want to see that US first. I am truly SHOCKED we've managed to keep it secret thus far
HalfDozen likes this.

September 18th, 2012, 01:18 PM
libbeylou's Avatar Veteran
All my pants are soooo tight! I've gained 5 pounds so far! I'm feeling extremely bloated/full in my stomach area and can't wait for my belly to pop. I think it will give me some relief from this full feeling.
HalfDozen likes this.

Thank you, MaineBean for the peep siggy!
September 18th, 2012, 03:40 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
I looked down today and it seems my uterus has bumped all the extra chub I had left and stuffed it above my belly button so I REALLY look like a cow. i look like I gained 20lbs between my belly and my rear end. IDK why my butt always looks more pregnant than my belly but it is getting OLD.
HalfDozen likes this.

September 18th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not to laugh at your expense or anything but between extra chub comment and your but looking pregnant I literally LOL'd
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.

September 18th, 2012, 04:01 PM
sarahb52's Avatar Veteran
I started to wear my maternity shirts but my pre baby pants still fit. But I do have a tummy now. (Which may or may not be due to the peanut butter cookies that I am chowin' down as we speak. Lol But considering my doctor didn't flog me this morning I take that as a good sign. (to date I haven't actually gained anything)
September 18th, 2012, 04:02 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Well.....I am only 8 weeks so I am not quite to that stage but my pants are started to feel snug by the end of the day so I'm sure by 10 weeks I will be in the same boat
HalfDozen likes this.

Forever missing my angel 2010

September 18th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Totally in the chub phase. TOTALLY. My boobs are like huge already. My gut is like this bloated roll. UGH. I squeezed in to some jeans yesterday just to prove I still could, but it wasn't comfortable or cute
September 19th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Regular
I've gone for maternity trousers (mostly due to bloating)... If I wear long (loose) t-shirts no one will notice... Most of my jumpers are really tight on the bosom though, and it's pretty chilly here atm (she says, wrapped in extra blankets on the sofa), so I think it will be maternity jumpers soon too. It will be a month before my 12 (14!) week ultrasound when I will know if things are ok and can tell people about it, so I'm trying to hide it from most people until then.
HalfDozen likes this.

September 19th, 2012, 05:54 AM
And, oddly enough, since I've been weighing myself once a week, I discovered that I'm down 1 1/2 pounds this week. Not sure how that happened, but I'll take it. Not that it makes the "fat" feel any better...
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.

September 19th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel just plain fat lately myself. I dont remember needing my belly band so early (been wearing it for 2 weeks to work). I actually wore maternity work pants yesterday (making me feel even worse about myself). I am already chubby so its not helping.
HalfDozen likes this.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search