Still waiting on first appointment?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2012, 10:32 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
None else? Mine is finally tomorrow. Nothing fun, just blood work and talking. :/ I feel like I've had to wait forever to get the this point, lol. Here's to more waiting...

Also, how do you go about learning hospital policies? Just ask the dr or do you think they have papers or a website I could read. I want to know what is allowed as far as the hospital, not the Dr., is concerned.

September 18th, 2012, 10:42 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just had my first one yesterday, so I can relate to having to wait for what seems like forever!

Your doctor may know some of the answers to the questions about the hospital's policies, especially it that is where they generally deliver. But the hospital could give you more specific information. I know my hospital has a website with lots of good info about their labor/delivery unit. They also offer tours and classes, which go in depth about what to expect and allow time for asking questions about policies. If nothing else, I'm sure you could call and ask. They may even have an information packet they can send you.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

September 18th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just had my first appointment last week. It was just the intake, boring nothing exciting appointment. It did seem like it took forever to get to that point! I would look on the hospital website for information or call and ask like she mentioned if there is an informational packet.

September 18th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Hanks ladies. I'm going to ask them tomorrow. It's the same place I had DD at but I didn't ask as many questions then. :/ I'm searching their website now but will hopefully get more answers tomorrow.

September 18th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
Mine is tomorrow.... but I am canceling it as dh's days off got switched again, so it will be next week. I'm not too worried since I already had 3 ultrasounds and listen to hb daily, I didn't go for my first appointment with Isaac last year til 14 weeks. I was really worried about the first trimester and after all the betas and ultrasounds I just wanted to rest and not sit with other pg women until the second trimester. This time will be a bit sooner, but not by much.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
September 18th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My first appointment is on Friday. I'll be almost 12 weeks.

September 19th, 2012, 11:38 AM
In and out in less than an hour, lol. Just blood test and urine test. Next appt is mid Ocotber and we will get to have an ultrasound and do some early screening.

Only weird thing was I told her my last period date (July 17) and she said my due date is April 24 but every online/app calculator has told me April 23. Not a big deal but now I have to switch everything lol.

September 19th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Regular
I have the same thing with due date and I don't understand it either! I think it may be to do with which day they count. So for example my first day of LMP was a Wednesday. That means that each week ends with a Tuesday, but it hasn't been a "whole" week until midnight on Tuesday, so Wednesday morning. I calculated EDD as 16th April, the Tuesday, but midwife told me 17th April, the Wednesday. I'm not bothering to change anything as the dating ultrasound may change it anyway. I don't know if my theory is correct though!

September 19th, 2012, 12:42 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I believe they are counting 40 weeks, to the day from the start of your LMP. My due date was the same at the midwife's as it was with the online calculators.

September 19th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Regular
In the end, approx only 3% of women deliver on their due date. But maybe you'll go into labour on the 23rd and deliver the 24th?
September 19th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Oh I don't ever expect to deliver on my due date, I was 3 days over before I Was induced with DD and I'm sure I would have went at least a week. I just wondered why my Dr. Office chart is different from every single one I found online, lol. Not a big deal but I told everyone around the 23rd and have my countdowns set and Im not changing them, lol.

September 19th, 2012, 05:40 PM
mine isnt until the 25th. ill be 11 weeks & all they r gona do is talk to me & draw blood as well.its frustrating that it takes so so long and we have no idea whats happening inside. i paid for my own ultrasound at 7 weeks just to get a little peace of mind & i got to see my bean but i still really want to hear the heartbeat & be under a doctors care. ahhh the anxiety.lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search