Fall Favorites

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By .*.H&HMomma.*.
  • 1 Post By Missa_Mae
  • 1 Post By linds2012

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2012, 12:12 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
The beginning of Fall starts September 22nd so what is your favorite thing about fall? What about activities?

I'm leaving tomorrow for Chicago and will be gone until Sunday but on Saturday we are hopefully going Apple Picking. This was a big fall activity for my family when I was a kid and I can't wait to share this with my girls. As well having Pumpkin Spice Latte's (they're my favorite and i've gotten many decaf ones over the past few weeks) at Starbucks definitely puts me in the mood for warm clothes and fall leaves!

September 18th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
There's a family farm a few miles from my house where they do a big harvest festival every year. It's so fun. They have a huge pumpkin patch, a corn maze, a farmer's market and a big open area with giant slides, bounce houses, etc. It's so fun. It's THE fall tradition I get excited for every year.
September 18th, 2012, 12:21 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Apple picking is at the top of my list. Then we eat the apples, and I make Dutch apple pie, applesauce, and apple butter. And let's not forget the apple cider donuts - those are the best!! Mmmmm!

And then I love carving pumpkins and making roasted pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin cookies are also a big favorite at my house.

Most importantly, I am looking forward to "jeans and sweatshirt" weather, even though I might not be able to wear most of my "normal" stuff.

New picture in progress......

Last edited by HalfDozen; September 18th, 2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Add comment
September 19th, 2012, 10:21 AM
.*.H&HMomma.*.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to .*.H&HMomma.*. Send a message via Yahoo to .*.H&HMomma.*.
I love EVERYTHING about fall! I love to decorate my house, make pumpkin pie, pick apples, carmel apples are my fav, cider donuts, the colors and the smells! I love it all!
blueeyes25s likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 19th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Add me to the love the clothing of fall! LOVE jeans, sweatshirts/sweaters and BOOTS!! We like going to the pumpkin patch, carving pumpkins and pumpkin seeds- YUM!!

September 19th, 2012, 04:29 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
We love Halloween!! We always have a party and I love to dress up! I haven't decided what to be this year, the bump might get in the way. I'll have to be creative! Reading all your posts makes me ready for fall, except it will be warm here for awhile. I am craving that pumpkin spice latte!!
September 19th, 2012, 05:28 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Going to the apple orchard was always my favorite but at my appt today they said no apple cider?!? I had some the week after I found out I was pg but have never heard to stay away from it.

September 19th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Some apple cider is not pasteurized. You can buy pasteurized cider too though.

September 20th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I Fall

my SO's birthday is on Monday, my birthday is in a few weeks ... it will be 2nd trimester time in a few weeks ...

We carve pumpkins every year and then we roast the seeds, they are sooooo yummy. I love all the decorations and the foliage ... there is a state park about an hour away from us that we go to Columbus Day Weekend for a huge craft show ... we more go to look at the foilage because it's just beautiful, with the changing leaves and the oranges and yellow hues, it's beautiful.
blueeyes25s likes this.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

September 20th, 2012, 05:53 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
I am most excited about the weather cooling off. I can't wait to put on the cozy sheets and for the air conditioner to be turned off. Even though the weather will be cooler outside, I will be much warmer inside!!!

I had my first pumpkin spice latte last week and it totally set me in the mood for fall. I'm ready to do some baking and enjoy the season.

September 20th, 2012, 08:09 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
to pretty much what everyone said. What's not to love?

I love everything. The cooler weather, apple picking, the festivals, the decorating, and the holidays that follow along.

Forever missing my angel 2010

September 20th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Regular
Love fall I'm soo excited to break out my sweaters and hoodies. I'm trying to talk my DH into carving pumpkins this year since we have a front porch now. Though I might just get my SILs and niece and nephew over to do it.

I've had the windows open the last few days its been so nice to turn the air off
September 20th, 2012, 11:34 AM
linds2012's Avatar Expecting#1 (Due 4-15-13)
Oh I love the fall!!! My favorite thing about the fall is deer hunting, it opens up this Saturday!!! I cant wait!!
MommysPocket likes this.
September 20th, 2012, 03:21 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mostly I just love the cooler weather, and the excitement in the air. There always seems to be so much going on in the fall!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search