AWESOME dr apt today!

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By hkystar

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I posted once before that I did not have a good experience giving birth to dd. I ended up having a c-section that I dont think was necessary and it was not due to any failure on my body's part. So when I made my first pregnancy apt (with the same midwife practice), I asked if I could be considered for a VBAC. The midwife (who I had really liked) said they did VBACs all the time but I really shouldnt get my hopes up.

I was heart broken. I understand that I may not be able to have one, but I want to be given the chance. My body was built with the capacity to push a baby out of my woohaa, and I want to at least be able to try.

So I did some research and found another ob practice (that is at a different hospital) that had a fairly high VBAC success rate. So I made my apt.

I was NOT disappointed today. I had my first dr apt. She was so optimistic that I was a great candidate for VBAC. She said that if I go into labor before 41w, that she didnt see any reason why I couldnt have a vaginal birth! I was so happy to hear that. She didnt even say that I will definitely need a c-section at 41W. She said they will likely schedule me to come in, and if they cant safely start labor then I will need one. I am totally ok with that, I just want the CHANCE to do it naturally!

I am on cloud 9 right now!

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

September 19th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you had such a positive experience!!

September 19th, 2012, 11:31 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
That's great! There is a girl here at work who recently did a VBAC when she had her last baby. She was happy with the results. Based on her comments, the only thing I would say is to be prepared for a COMPLETELY different experience, both during labor and in recovery. She wasn't sure what pain was "normal" and what was not. And make sure you let your doctor know of ANY pain or complications that you have.

New picture in progress......
September 19th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Veteran
yay!
#1- dd17
#2- ds14
#3- ds9
#4- ds8

#5- dd6
#6-ds 1

September 19th, 2012, 12:34 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's great to hear! So happy you can get the chance at the birth you want.

September 20th, 2012, 01:26 PM
tsh32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow! Why was the other midwife such a downer? People are so weird. Glad you get to try!!!

September 20th, 2012, 04:04 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's GREAT news! I'm so glad you made the effort to find a practice that will be supportive of you having a VBAC. I really hope it all works out for you!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search