Being Outed ........

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nameetog
  • 1 Post By nameetog

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2012, 06:37 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
In my nightmares, that is. Last night, I had the most awful dream that a bunch of staff were sitting down with the residents during a bake sale, and all of the sudden, one of the ladies that works here told everyone that I was pregnant. She had plenty of information to back up her claim -- how much I had been eating, my weight gain, and on and on. I was so stunned, I couldn't say anything. Now, at this point, my boss was nowhere around, and I knew I had to get to her before anyone else did.

Suddenly, we're in a different room, and there are only a few of us there, my boss included, when in walks this same lady telling the story of how she had just announced my pregnancy because she thought everyone already knew. I'm sitting there mouthing to her to shut up, but it was too late. My boss just looked at me and was furious because I hadn't told her before I told everyone else and because she had to hear it from someone else.

Fun times -- these interesting dreams we have when pregnant. I didn't think keeping it quiet was weighing QUITE that much on me, but I guess it is, especially after my stupid FB post yesterday about how tired I was ...

September 20th, 2012, 03:23 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL oh no!

I think the whole secrecy thing, and trying to make sure I tell everyone in the "correct" order and way really does stress me out. I'll be so relieved when it's no secret anymore!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

September 20th, 2012, 04:26 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh my gosh, thank goodness it was just a dream!! Wow pregnancy dreams can be crazy can't they? I had a dream last night that my husband was buying panties from women off the internet. I woke up mad at him!
September 20th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Plastikmom, I'm totally giggling over your dream. Poor hubby ; )

I do agree that it can be stressful trying to keep it a secret. I've never kept one under wraps this long and I'm ready for it to be out. I hope when you do tell your boss/coworkers it goes much better that that dream!
plastikmom likes this.

September 20th, 2012, 06:48 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
You know, when my cousin was pregnant with her 5th (she's the only other one in the family crazy enough to have this many), she didn't tell anyone until she just showed up with a belly. I couldn't understand why she wouldn't tell everyone. I mean, who doesn't love a new baby coming?

Well......., I totally get it now. She probably didn't want to hear any rude comments, either. I guess at that time (even though I already had 3), I was naive enough to think that no one would say anything. I know better now.

September 20th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've said it before but seriously I just do not get why the heck anyone feels the need to open their mouth about how many children anyone has. It seriously makes me angry. I have heard comments too though (about having a so I can only imagine if we had more...) so I know it happens but OMG I get royally PEEVED
HalfDozen likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search