Spotting?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2012, 02:10 PM
Regular
Is anyone else having light spotting? If so, have you been in for a checkup because of it? I had very light pink spotting earlier this week after straining during a bm, but it turned to brown and then went away the next day. It was only present when I wiped, so there wasn't much. Then Friday night, I started spotting again out of the blue. Yesterday I was spotting darker red mixed with small bits of tissue. It never reached my underwear, but was there when I wiped. It turned to brown blood this AM, but now is red again. I'm trying not to get worked up, because I'm not soaking any pads, and I'm not cramping, but it's easier said than done. I never had any bleeding with my first pregnancy. Anyone ever experienced this and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy? I'm 10.5 weeks and have a scheduled appt. With my midwife to listen for heartbeat Tuesday.

I wish I had good news to share. Update in Post #21.

Last edited by akwags; September 26th, 2012 at 07:36 AM.
September 23rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
Super Mommy
I have no experience with this, but I hope that everything is ok. Sending hugs your way.
September 23rd, 2012, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I do know people that have had spotting throughout pregnancy and had healthy babies. I'm sorry it has you worried, I hope everything is just fine and you hear that heart beating on Tuesday!! Thinking of you

September 23rd, 2012, 06:27 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I've had many friends have it and now have healthy babies in their homes. I'd talk to your midwife about it, and keep us updated on how the appointment goes on Tuesday.

September 23rd, 2012, 07:52 PM
Regular
Thank you ladies so much for the love and support! Every little positive thought or story helps. I will keep you posted. How can each pregnancy be so very different? Arghh.
September 24th, 2012, 06:26 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to echo everyone else...I've known plenty of women who had spotting for various reasons, and it turned out to be no big deal. I hope that is the case for you! It's always nerve wracking, though, when it happens. I hope you get some reassurance tomorrow!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

September 24th, 2012, 07:43 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
I had spotting/bleeding last week and my babies are OK.
I hope it's just a random thing for you!

September 24th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Regular
Hoping and praying it's not serious. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seri0uslyc0nfused View Post
I had spotting/bleeding last week and my babies are OK.
I hope it's just a random thing for you!
Such good news, what a relief that must have been! What did they say likely caused your bleeding?
September 24th, 2012, 04:18 PM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a lot of light spotting early in this pregnancy, which was different from when I was pregnant with my son. It has finally subsided and seemed to be nothing to worry about so far. My midwife said that a certain amount of light spotting is totally normal because the cervix is sensitive right now but always good to check with your doctor about any bleeding.

September 24th, 2012, 08:44 PM
sarahe210's Avatar Veteran
Sounds like you are probably fine but it never hurts to ask!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

September 24th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Regular
Thanks. It's good to know that it may be a variation of "normal" even though it has me worried sick today. The bleeding is always worse at the end of the day. I'm bleeding enough to spot a liner, but am not soaking any pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melshaz@earthlnk.net View Post
I had a lot of light spotting early in this pregnancy, which was different from when I was pregnant with my son. It has finally subsided and seemed to be nothing to worry about so far. My midwife said that a certain amount of light spotting is totally normal because the cervix is sensitive right now but always good to check with your doctor about any bleeding.
I'm glad it has subsided for you. How far along were you when you were spotting? Did you have an ultrasound to determine the source?
September 24th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Popping in from the October DDC...

I had light spotting at 9 weeks with my current pregnancy and also had spotting with my second pregnancy. My son is now a healthy 14 year old and this pregnancy is going perfectly. The spotting with this pregnancy was due to an ovarian cyst rupturing. Good to know you have an appointment Tuesday..hope all goes well

September 24th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had spotting earlier on in this pregnancy, and some at 13 weeks with DD1. I don't know what it was from, but everything was fine with DD1.

September 25th, 2012, 09:45 AM
kkhadivar
I just wanted to let you know that for me, bleeding has been the norm. I spotted throughout my last pregnancy. My son is healthy today. This pregnancy, I have spotted every day, and had two very large bleeds (bright red with blood clots). The ultrasound still shows a healthy heartbeat! They did see a hematoma (blood clot), so that's the reason for the bleeding this time. They weren't worried about it and said in most cases, the blood clot will just reabsorb or bleed out and be done. Sometimes they are so small they are hard to see on an ultrasound. I was told they are a common reason for spotting. Whatever your reason for spotting, I hope it goes away soon for you!
September 25th, 2012, 09:55 AM
libbeylou's Avatar Veteran
It looks like a lot of ladies have had similar issues and everything was just fine! I would definitely ask about it though. Be sure to update us after your appointment today!

Thank you, MaineBean for the peep siggy!
September 25th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Regular
Thanks. I will definitely update after my appt. For those of you that had spotting/bleeding, how heavy was your flow? Mine has been getting heavier today and I noticed a penny sized clot and blood in toilet recently after urinating. Up until yesterday, it was primarily just spotting on a liner and while wiping.
September 25th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of you!! Hope you have a great appointment today

September 25th, 2012, 12:18 PM
kkhadivar
My two larger bleeds sound similar to yours with clots and blood in toilet. They each lasted a couple days, and I had to wear pads during that time. For the regular spotting, I can get by with liners. I've been doing pelvic rest but still freely moving around the house and taking my son to school. I haven't noticed a real correlation with extra movement and bleeds. But just to be safe, I drink water and lie down after larger bleeds. And so far, the baby has been oblivious to it all!
I hope your appt. is soon so you can get some reassurance & find out what's going on. I know it's nerve wracking...I'm wishing the best for you!!
September 25th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
I had spotting off and on for the first few weeks of this pregnancy....finally stopping around 8 weeks. I also had spotting in the first trimester with my 6 year old son. It does seem to be quite common.
September 25th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When do you go to the dr. Thinking of you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search