Update from my appt

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2012, 06:38 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first real appt was today. They're going to see me every 2 weeks for now, instead of 4, until the HG starts to improve. I'm still throwing up with the Zofran & Reglan, so I'm taking it, but not more than twice a day (we all know the lovely side effects Zofran can have, so I didn't want to take it any more than once or twice if it wasnt completely relieving the nausea & vomiting), but she recommended trying it more frequently. Also she said she doesn't care if I eat anything at all, as long as I get fluids, so I'm going to try a strictly liquid diet & see what I can keep down. (Lately I've been eating maybe once every other day & sipping liquids, mostly ginger ale.) When I go back in 2 weeks, if I'm not doing better, they're going to change my meds, maybe add Prilosec or something too. I just want to hibernate until April! I feel pretty sure that this pregnancy will be my last, since I've had HG both times, and I want to be able to enjoy it.

September 26th, 2012, 06:41 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry, I hope your HG eases up so you can enjoy the pregnancy. How long did it last with your last pregnancy?
September 26th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you are being monitored closely but I really hope that HG eases up ASAP!!

September 26th, 2012, 06:51 PM
kkhadivar
Sorry you're feeling so yucky! I hope the pregnancy flies by for you...and for me. My nausea is way more manageable, and I'm still cursing my husband every day...hehe. I really hope things improve for you!!!!!!!!!
September 26th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
oh hunny I'm so sorry that you have HG again :-(

I'm glad your doctors are working with you and keeping a close eye on your condition. Are you able to keep anything down with the Zofran & Reglan? Are you trying anything else like Unisom or B6 ... ?

Hang in there - I hope it gets better real soon

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

September 26th, 2012, 07:03 PM
I had it til the day I delivered with my first pregnancy. The WHOLE 41 weeks...ugh! I haven't tried B6 & Unisom yet. That may be the next step, but she said I'm a little too severe right now & doubted that would be effective either. The Zofran& Reglan really helped me with myfirst, so that's why we went straight to that first. Thanks everyone! I really hate to seem so negative & always be venting about this, but I am miserable & it just takes over my whole life! Agh! I just want to eat a pork chop! Haha

September 26th, 2012, 07:10 PM
don't apologize! that's what we're here for vent away hunny!!!

hope you can kick this soon!

September 26th, 2012, 07:15 PM
kkhadivar
No, you don't sound negative at all...I was just thinking how positive you sounded. I don't think I could even get on to the computer if I was you. I hope they find something to make it a little easier for you.
September 26th, 2012, 07:39 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish Ai could offer up more. Have you tried making smoothies or maybe sipping on the slim fast shakes? Something liquid that might go down (and come up) easier but has some more calories to it?

September 26th, 2012, 07:54 PM
No, but that's a good idea. Maybe Boost or Ensure?

September 26th, 2012, 08:16 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I'm hungry at night before bed (like now) I have one of those shakes. I used to do Slimfast but changed to imitation Ensure. I figure they are designed to fatten up old folks, so it will keep me satiated until morning without making me feel so full from a full meal.

I prefer the chocolate ones. You MUST drink them cold- colder the better- as they aren't very tasty otherwise. I am able to chug mine down, so it is cold for the full 30 seconds it takes me to down it. Hopefully you'd be able to get enough down fast enough so it doesn't warm up, without upsetting your stomach any more than it already is.

I also am a big fan of smoothies and like to make vanilla yogurt, banana, and PB smoothies. The PB gives me some protein to fill me up, but it's so easy to suck back 2 bananas, 1/2 c. peanut butter, and some nice full fat local yogurt in a quick drink. Fast and tasty nutrition.

I'm so sorry you're enduring this- it sounds truly horrible. :-(

September 26th, 2012, 08:21 PM
I attempted to drink BOOST but it's tough, I have the Strawberry ones and I can only sip them, cold or not ... they taste gross. I figure if I have a few sips of it - it's better than nothing.

September 26th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Veteran
I have been able to eat a little more lately, but when I couldn't even think of eating without getting sick I was drinking Ensure - vanilla and butter pecan tasted best to me. I could only do half of one once a day but figured at least it was liquid and had vitamns. The other thing I would drink was vanilla milkshakes. I still drink those now. When I was in the ER for dehydration and diagnosed with HG after I lost 15 pounds the Dr told me to have ice cream if I could stand it only because I needed calories to gain weight. Sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. I am still struggling with all day nausea but it has calmed just enough me for to function some days which I am so thankful for. Hope you are able to find a way to feel better.

September 26th, 2012, 08:40 PM
kkhadivar
I don't know how you feel about acupuncture, but just wanted to mention it in case it could be helpful. Manual acupuncture reduces hyperemesis... [J Pain Symptom Manage. 2000] - PubMed - NCBI
(I go to an acupuncturist who treats a lot of pregnant women. I've been using it to try to "stabilize" the pregnancy. I've noticed that for a few days after each session, I don't bleed and usually feel a little better and happier.)
September 27th, 2012, 06:19 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I hope it eases up for you and you find something that works for you.

September 27th, 2012, 06:44 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're having such a rough time! I took zofran and reglan last pregnancy, and they helped to some extent, but they didn't keep me from vomiting. I hope you get some relief soon!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

September 27th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
I really hope that you start feeling better soon so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.
September 27th, 2012, 08:40 AM
libbeylou's Avatar Veteran
So sorry you are feeling bad! I hope the HG lets up soon and you don't have to deal with it the whole time!

Thank you, MaineBean for the peep siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search