I'm fluffy will people have a harder time felling baby move?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Now I know it's early. I know I will fell baby no problem but I'm a big girl as u all know and I wonder w my Lovley layer of lard lol will that muffle the felling for everyone else to feel baby move?
September 27th, 2012, 02:40 PM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
Maybe a little. I had a larger friend, and it was longer until other people could feel the baby move. Also, I could sit there and people could see the baby moving around, but with her, nobody could ever just see the movement. I think it might depend how/where you carry the weight though.

September 27th, 2012, 04:47 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't know about movement, but with me, i've been noticing that all the "fluff" is now sitting on to of my abdomen, and it just looks like i'm getting fatter since the belly under it is growing... its so weird... especially since I cant suck my belly in any more!

September 27th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am noticing my pants are tigher but I can button I just hope I end up at the end I look preg not fat
September 27th, 2012, 06:57 PM
kitkat's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm fluffy to. With my first pregnancy, it did take a bit to look pregnant, but you will. It's an amazing feeling to be plus sized and feel confident and rock the baby bump as well. As far as feeling the baby, no problem. Everyone is different of course and it may take a bit longer, but my DH had no problem feeling the baby and seeing the movement.

There is a great website (I think it may be on facebook to) that is called The Shape of a Mother. Great site as it has stories and pictures of mommies of all shapes and sizes.

September 28th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am not a skinny girl myself. I will say that I didnt look preggo till I was close to 30 weeks. But people did not have a hard time feeling or seeing my belly go nuts! But more importantly, I had no trouble feeling the baby myself. I felt her kick/hiccup starting at 18 weeks. It was so awesome, I really didnt care if others could tell.

I just didnt show as quickly last time. This time around, my pants are tight. I have had to wear my belly band and even my preggo pants (but those are huge on me).

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

September 28th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
See as much as I want to be skinner I lost 50 lb then got preg so in my mind its a win! But just weiged myself I've gained 4 lb in 2 weeks! This is bad. I need to get back to healthy food lol
September 28th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Krissy, losing 50 lbs is something you should be very proud of! I lost 50lbs before I got preggo with dd. I only gained 30lbs during pregnancy and lost it all within 3 months. I am hoping for the same kind of good luck this time!

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

September 28th, 2012, 11:42 AM
kitkat's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree. Losing 50lbs is a definite win! Don't be discouraged by the weight gain. Some months you gain more and some less. Everybody is different. The important thing is that you eat as healthy as you can MOST of the time. Cause I know that I love me some ice cream now and again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search