Pro-Life Week

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree39Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm pro-choice, but I don't think it should be used as a form of birth control either.

I don't know if anyone remembers this as it was all over the news (this was back in 1997 so many of you are probably too young), but at my prom a girl had a baby in the bathroom, killed it, and put it in the trash can. I so wish she would have had an abortion early on instead of killing her newborn.
AniLand likes this.

October 4th, 2012, 08:29 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
Id just like to say that this could have turned into a really terrible thread, and Im really happy that everyone is so open and respectful here!!! Cudos to an awesome group!!!

October 4th, 2012, 08:57 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I will always be thankful that when I was single and pregnant 7 years ago I was able to make the CHOICE to have my son. Even though he was not planned, it is comforting to me to know that no one forced me to make the decision to have him. He is here because he was wanted and loved from the moment I found out about him not because the government controlled my uterus and forced me to have a baby that I was unwilling or unable to care for. I absolutely understand the theory of being pro-life. But until faced with an unplanned pregnancy and the realization that my ex was cheating on me, I don't think people can understand how important is is for a woman to have that choice.I felt empowered by my decision to have him and entered into single parenthood on my own terms, not because I was forced to. Best 7 years of my life
October 4th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
I'm pro-choice, but I don't think it should be used as a form of birth control either.

I don't know if anyone remembers this as it was all over the news (this was back in 1997 so many of you are probably too young), but at my prom a girl had a baby in the bathroom, killed it, and put it in the trash can. I so wish she would have had an abortion early on instead of killing her newborn.

Seems like there is a lot of stories like this in the news and such, teenagers getting pg without knowing how to care for it. What I find very sad is that most carry to term and then kill it, when adoption would have been a great option, the life was already there, why not give it a better life? I have 1 dd and as she becomes a teenager this is something we will discuss as I will not support abortion for a grandchild of mine, adoption would be the choice. Again like I said, I have friends that made that choice years ago, but I also see the scars it left upon them, it is something they carry with them for life. They regret it, but I never say anything negative to them about it as I know they are forgiven, the hardest part is for them to forgive their selves. I pray dd doesn't put herself in a situation like this, but if she ever did, I would not want her to carry it with her forever.

Now my view is different when it come to medical reasons, that is very sad and hard to deal with. I know for myself I want to raise my children, and I couldn't let a pregnancy take me from them if it was going to cost me my life.

One thing I am totally against is using abortion as birth control, I have seen that in my past as well. Very sad.
Kennydra likes this.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
October 4th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
Seems like there is a lot of stories like this in the news and such, teenagers getting pg without knowing how to care for it. What I find very sad is that most carry to term and then kill it, when adoption would have been a great option, the life was already there, why not give it a better life? I have 1 dd and as she becomes a teenager this is something we will discuss as I will not support abortion for a grandchild of mine, adoption would be the choice. Again like I said, I have friends that made that choice years ago, but I also see the scars it left upon them, it is something they carry with them for life. They regret it, but I never say anything negative to them about it as I know they are forgiven, the hardest part is for them to forgive their selves. I pray dd doesn't put herself in a situation like this, but if she ever did, I would not want her to carry it with her forever.

Now my view is different when it come to medical reasons, that is very sad and hard to deal with. I know for myself I want to raise my children, and I couldn't let a pregnancy take me from them if it was going to cost me my life.

One thing I am totally against is using abortion as birth control, I have seen that in my past as well. Very sad.
I totally agree that adoption would be a great choice. In the case of the teenager at my prom...no one knew she was pregnant, not even her boyfriend or parents. She was a small girl (both height and weight), and I have no idea how she didn't show but gave birth to a normal weight newborn. If her parents or someone had known, maybe they could have helped lead her in that direction?

I woud think it would be a really tough decision whether to have an abortion, and I don't think I could ever do it unless, like you said, continuing with the pregnancy could kill me and leave my kids without a mother. But I think it is good that the choice is there for people that need/want it.

October 4th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Regular
I wouldnt label myself either way. But to describe it best, Im pro-life for myself, and pro-choice for the rest of the world. I definitely do not agree with the way some pro-life groups try to spread their message. Its very in your face, and so aggressively inappropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky View Post
I am pro-choice. Personally I couldn't do it, but if someone has a proper reason then I wouldn't judge! But i've heard of people having 4, 5 and even 6 abortions, and I think that's just so irresponsible
I completely agree here. The idea that some women use abortion as a form of birth control is very upsetting.
October 5th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I have to say ladies, this thread could have turned bad but I am glad everyone has been so open & accepting of everyone else's opinions.

We do have a great group of ladies here
Kennydra, Atank03 and anjawb like this.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

October 5th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I still remember in college the pro-life protest in the middle of campus. I went to a very small school. There was something horrifying about seeing fetuses in jars but they way they were preaching their views didnt create a convincing arguement. I beleive there was an altercation involved with their protest and they were not allowed to come back. Walking through the quad that day was one of the most horrifying experiences...

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

October 5th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am pro choice. Some of these stories, though, are heartbreaking. Having an abortion every year, sometimes more than one, is totally ridiculous. I am proud that we have the right to choose in our country, but this person should have her tubes tied. Or have her legs sewn shut.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
October 5th, 2012, 08:53 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
When I lived in Wisconsin, there was a Planned Parenthood right on the corner between where I parked and my office building. Most of the time that I worked there, I was pregnant (with my 2nd and then my 3rd). There were many times that the protesters would kind of follow me, but then they were fine once they'd see me walk past the door of Planned Parenthood. After a while, they got to know me, and they would leave me alone entirely.

I am pro-life, and I always have been, but that's for me, and I feel that way for my family, too. However, I would not think any less of someone who did have an abortion. I am thankful that I have not had to be faced with that situation and hope that I never would be. I would hate to see it used as birth control, as I have heard stories of that, but there are times that women see that as the only option, whether it be rape, incest, a bad relationship, age, lack of family support. I just know the emotional scars that it can leave, and I would want them to fully think that through before going forward. However, I agree that some of the protesters definitely do NOT go about it in the right way. A loving conversation from someone who truly cares is far different than flashing pictures of dead babies and screaming at people. I know it was difficult enough to come to that decision, and I don't think they deserve to be attacked for it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search