Pro-Life Week

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree39Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
ok, I hope this doesn't cause drama, that is not my intention. I'm just curious as to how other girls feel.

I am pro-choice. I don't judge either way. Everyone can make a choice in my opinion.

Anyways, it's Pro-Life Week in my town and the people are everywhere, with their signs, their megaphones, their pictures of dead babies. I mean, seriously, yes, everyone is entitiled to their own opinions on the topic but to preach like that bothers me. They try to hand you pamphlets, they preach to you ... it makes me sick.

/end rant

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

October 4th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Super Mommy
I Deleted due to personal information.

Last edited by Capeladybug; February 12th, 2013 at 06:41 AM.
October 4th, 2012, 08:29 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I'm pro life, but i'm not like those type of people who are mean about it. Being pregnant looking at dead babies is definitely not something i'd want to see. I hope this week passes really quickly Melissa!

October 4th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
I am pro-life but I do not judge anyone who has had an abortion, I have friends who have made that choice and I do not think any differently of them because of their past. It's just not for me and I pray I never have to make that choice based on medical reasons either. I do not agree with showing pics of dead babies, there are other ways to be helpful to women who do not know which way to go.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
October 4th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm pro-life but do not judge others for their decisions
Capeladybug likes this.

October 4th, 2012, 08:49 AM
the pictures are what really bugs me. nobdy, pro life or pro choice wants to see a picture of a dead fetus ... it's just gross.

and there are children with their parents wearing shirts and holding signs saying "I'm glad my mom was pro-life" ... like these little kids even know what's going on!

October 4th, 2012, 09:21 AM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
I'm pro-life as well, pro-choice depending on the situation.. But I don't judge or push my opinions on others. Seeing those pictures would probably make me vomit, and it's really not necessary. I think everyone is well aware of what it looks like.

October 4th, 2012, 10:11 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm totally pro-choice. If I got pregnant in high school (which meant I would have had to have sex!) I would have been happy to have the choice. Ditto if I were raped. Or if I was faced with dying myself or having to carry a baby. If I got pregnant in college, when I was an adult, I would have kept the baby because I felt I was capable of care and should have known better.

I am grateful everyday that I have that choice. I have a choice to choose life. If I get icky results in my triple screen, I am grateful that I'm not forced to carry a baby that will die an hour after birth if I don't wnat to go through that pain. It's great to have a choice.

When I was living in Florida, we were in the town where the Teri Shivo right to life snafu went down. There were regularly anti-abortion people around with their dead fetus signs. (Why I don't know, because abortion doeesn't seem to have a relation to end of life, terminal illness care, but what do I know.) I remember thinking regardless of someone's stance, people shouldn't have to see horrible medical blow-ups of bloody, gory scenes as they drive by to the grocery store. As you drive by, it could have been a picture of open heart surgery for all I could tell, but it was horrible to see in a 2' x 3' poster, and I can't imagine if I had kids with me. It's not like it's legal to put something like that on a paid billboard, so why is that legal to display on the side of the road.
AniLand, Capeladybug and anjawb like this.

October 4th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am pro-life, but like the other ladies here I don't judge others for their opinions or decisions. I think it is one thing to stand and protest and give information it's another thing to show the pictures of aborted babies. I shouldn't have to explain that to my kids. Also my MIL has had several miscarriages and one of them being later and she saw the baby after so the pictures are really traumatizing to her. We drove by them once when she was with me and it hit her really hard .

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 4th, 2012, 10:44 AM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm prochoice and have known ppl who have had abortions. No matter what others may think that person lives with their choice everyday. It is a hard decision to make for most regardless of the reason and the personal/internal feelings of living with that everyday can be tough enough. I think it's terrible when those who feel differently then judge and say nasty things to those who have gone through it.

October 4th, 2012, 12:06 PM
I won't lie - I brought this up because I had an abortion when I was 19. I was in a horrible horrible situation with the guy I was with and it would not have been fair to bring a baby into that.

I was also in a very dark state, anxiety/depression/cutting, it was a bad time. It was completely my fault as I decided I didn't need the BCP anymore, and he decided not to wear condoms. Stupid teenager thinking I guess.

Anyways, seeing those signs and the people bug me but I think they bug me more now because I am pregnant and excited to be pregnant and this baby was planned and wanted ...
AniLand and anjawb like this.

October 4th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am pro-life but don't agree with pushing the issue as some do. I am also the same when it comes to those "Fire and brimstone" preachers out yelling at people to repent. I feel there are better way to express your beliefs.

Mommy to 4 boys
October 4th, 2012, 12:25 PM
lucyinthesky
I am pro-choice. Personally I couldn't do it, but if someone has a proper reason then I wouldn't judge! But i've heard of people having 4, 5 and even 6 abortions, and I think that's just so irresponsible
Capeladybug likes this.
October 4th, 2012, 02:33 PM
boysarebest's Avatar Veteran
I am 100% pro choice but I personally would never terminate unless it was a life or death situation and I hope I am never in that situation.

What really irks me is these politicians who want to make it illegal for women who are raped or victims of incest to have abortions. Oh that really gets my blood boiling!!!!
*Anya*, AniLand and Missa_Mae like this.
October 4th, 2012, 02:40 PM
boysarebest - I TOTALLY agree!
why make it illegal to someone who needs it desperately?! Makes no sense!

October 4th, 2012, 03:03 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
There's a planned parenthood on the corner down the street from the hospital I work at. There's the same mid 40's african american man and 65-70 year old woman who have laminated signs on their front and back with pictures of deceased babies and awful sayings. They walk up and down the street ALL **** DAY. It's really obnoxious. I am Pro-choice, for sure. That said.. I have a 23 year old patient who has been pregnant 10 times. Has had an abortion ever year since 2006 and had 2 abortions in one year. Thats 8 abortions. And has two children. Her most recent daughter, she named "Chastity". Maybe she should look up the meaning. Makes me SICK

October 4th, 2012, 03:27 PM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
I am 100% pro Life.

October 4th, 2012, 03:55 PM
kitkat's Avatar Super Mommy
Pro-lifer here.

Where I live, the pro-choicers are a more active group of demonstrators than pro-lifers. They have spots on the radio, in the paper, etc.

October 4th, 2012, 07:25 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missa_Mae View Post
I won't lie - I brought this up because I had an abortion when I was 19. I was in a horrible horrible situation with the guy I was with and it would not have been fair to bring a baby into that.

I was also in a very dark state, anxiety/depression/cutting, it was a bad time. It was completely my fault as I decided I didn't need the BCP anymore, and he decided not to wear condoms. Stupid teenager thinking I guess.

Anyways, seeing those signs and the people bug me but I think they bug me more now because I am pregnant and excited to be pregnant and this baby was planned and wanted ...
Power to you! I am in the same position. I knew years ago if I had that child, I would barely be able to provide for it, the father would not be in the picture, and both their life and mine would be, well, terrible. This is a VERY complicated subject, but I will make a few quick points

A) I believe there is a difference between being politically pro-choice and being able to make that decision yourself. I think a lot of people think of pro-choice as pro abortion... Although it is not a decision I would make again, I believe it is something that should be legal and affordable to anyone who feels it is the best decision for them!

B) Those pictures of "Aborted Fetuses" are not aborted... They are naturally still born babies. very sad, but NATURAL!

C) It really bothers me that so many of those hardcore protesters never consider the mothers life, or the quality of life that child will be raised in.

OK. Thats my rant.
MaineBean, AniLand and Missa_Mae like this.

October 4th, 2012, 08:40 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just lurking from the TTC board...

I grew up 100% pro life but am now 100% pro choice. I do not however think that abortion should be used as a form of birth control. I understand accidents or making mistakes, but learn from them.

My best friend growing up was Irish Catholic and she was one of ten children. Her mom was a huge pro-lifer and would protest and get arrested, etc. In her house they had posters of dead babies that were really disturbing and I always remembered them and they really scared me as a kid.

I should say though that I am opposed to late term abortion. And I do not consider abortion for medical reasons abortion. I would consider that a medical intervention .

Anyways, just my two cents. I never normally comment on these type of topics but since everyone was having such an open and friendly discussion I thought I would add my two cents.
AniLand and anjawb like this.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search