any other BTDT moms not feeling movements yet?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2012, 08:36 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm 14 weeks and was honestly expecting to feel something by this point. I have some flutters every now and then that I think might be it but I'm not sure. I was hoping to avoid the doppler at my monday appt. but I need to know there is a living baby in there! Please tell me someone else isn't feeling anything yet that's a for sure thing lol.
HalfDozen likes this.
October 5th, 2012, 08:40 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Same as you...something that might have been flutters, but I couldn't tell for sure. Definitely nothing consistent. But I'm not quite 12 weeks, so it could still be early for me. I think I was around 14-15 weeks when I first felt those flutters last time.

Could be that you have an anterior placenta which might keep you from feeling movements.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

October 5th, 2012, 08:42 AM
well I know I have 25lbs that weren't there with my first lol, I wonder if that is cushioning the movements. It's also been almost 4 years since I was pregnant so maybe I just forgot.
October 5th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Atank03's Avatar Veteran
This is #3 for me but its been 6 years since i was prego last so somedays i think I feel it but then I think its just gas lol
October 5th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Veteran
I'm 15 weeks and this is my 3rd but I am still not sure I feel anything. Sometimes if I lay a certain way I think I might feel something but nothing definate. Its been 11 years for me since last time tho and sometimes I feel like I have forgotten a lot...

October 5th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With my second I didn't feel for sure movements till about 15 weeks. This time I'm feeling some flutters but only occasionally if I'm laying down or super still/quiet. It's not even really the movement feeling yet it is that topsy turvy feeling like you just went over the edge of the rollercoaster kind of flutters. I was also going to say maybe anterior placenta. I hope you start to feel that movement soon, I know it is a reassuring feeling

October 5th, 2012, 09:19 AM
ok glad I'm not the only one I hope I start feeling it too, 3 days till monday lol.
October 5th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm almost 13 weeks and still not feeling any movement. This is my 6th....so I know what it feels like....but still nothing. Most of my pregnancies I was closer to 20 weeks before I felt anything.
October 5th, 2012, 09:34 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I have felt what I swear is the baby, BUT....maybe not. I'm 13 1/2 weeks, which the only one that I felt anything consistent with this early on was my 2nd. However, I had a real scare with her, and I was convinced that was my message that everything was going to be okay.

I THINK I've felt it a few times, but it's not consistent, and I can't say with certainty that's what it is. Other than my first, this is the lightest I've been when I got pregnant so I don't think weight really has anything to do with it. I think babies just tend to make their presence known at different times. I figure it will be somewhere around 15-16 weeks before I know FOR sure.

Needless to say, I've had enough kids (and one not so long ago) so that I definitely know what it feels like. I wouldn't worry too much.

October 5th, 2012, 09:44 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm almost 12 weeks and have felt nothing except pressure. At night I can feel my heartbeat low in my stomach, but nothing that I'd recognize as baby movement. Last time, with my first, it was 19 weeks before I felt anything.

October 5th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
This is #6 and even though I am on the smaller side I still don't feel movements yet. During my u/s Monday the baby was moving everywhere and I felt none of it. I can hear the baby moving on doppler, but I don't typically feel anything until 15/16 weeks, and by 16 weeks and can always feel tiny thumps externally on my hand. 2 1/2 more weeks til I know I can feel it

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
October 5th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Veteran
I'll be 14 weeks on Sunday and haven't felt anything yet. My first child is only 18 months so it hasn't been that long since I've been pregnant either. I didn't feel movements with him until I was like 20 weeks though.

October 5th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
I've felt movements quite early with this pregnancy as well as my first BUT Amelia moved nonstop in utero and I have a feeling based on the movements I've felt that this baby is going to be the same. You ladies may be lucky and have a mellow kid!!
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
October 5th, 2012, 11:05 AM
lulu711's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm only 11 weeks. I've felt tiny flutters, but it just be my body doing crazy stuff. I can't say for sure it's actually the baby!
October 5th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't felt anything yet and I found out that I have an anterior placenta this time so it might be awhile for me. I think that not feeling anything at this point is perfectly normal. Is there a reason that you are hoping to avoid the doppler on Monday?
October 5th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_cat View Post
Is there a reason that you are hoping to avoid the doppler on Monday?
I dont' believe U/S technology is as safe as they'd like us to believe, I was hoping to avoid extra exposure. The midwife won't push it or anything it's just for my own peace of mind I'd like some reassurance that something is going on in my uterus

With my first I didn't feel her till 19 weeks at our first U/S, it's just a lot of my friends were saying that with their second they felt baby around 12 weeks so like the naive person I am I was expecting that too lol. I know it's normal not to feel anything but it's nice to hear that a lot of you are in the same boat
October 5th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm only 11 weeks and haven't felt anything yet. I lightly felt the baby kick lastnight when I was using the doppler and heard it at the same time. But that is probably because of the downward pressure the doppler put on my uterus.

Mommy to 4 boys
October 6th, 2012, 07:21 AM
tsh32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As this is #4 I really hoped to feel something by now, but nope. I never feel anything until 15 weeks. I guess this one won't be any different.

October 6th, 2012, 09:21 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I think I was about halfway (20 weeks) before I felt something with my son. Not expecting to feel anything for awhile, but it sure would be nice to not have to wait as long!
October 6th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
no clue. maybe some flutters but that's it! i honestly can't tell lol

*thank you*Kiliki*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search