Qotd - 10-5

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Are any of you planning on using a bassinet, or are you going to use the crib from the start?

I am undecided.
hearts.0nfire likes this.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

October 5th, 2012, 09:05 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last time, we used a Pack n Play for the first three months or so, and set it up in our room. It was the kind with the infant insert, as well as a changing table attachment. It worked out really well for us, so we'll probably do that again. We moved her to a crib around 3 months.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

October 5th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I want to get one of those co-sleepers that attaches to the side of the bed. If DH is okay with that idea. He doesn't sleep as well as I do with a baby in the room, so we will see.
October 5th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Jaxon04NTaylor08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought a bassinet. I loved it for my last 2 kids so i bought a new one. This is it: Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Coco Sorbet Soothing Motions Glider: Baby It runs on batteries so it will rock baby in the middle of the night if the baby needs soothing.

October 5th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a cosleeper baby will be in for awhile in our room. My kids have all gone from that cosleeper to a regular bed I've never used a crib. I have a pack n play that I will use downstairs that has a changing table we will use in the beginning for changes and naps so I don't have to go upstairs all day long

October 5th, 2012, 09:27 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have this co sleeper that we will use again,
http://www.amazon.com/The-First-Year...f=pd_sbs_ba_11
last time our bay grew out of it at 2 months, my sister is giving us her mini co sleeper that attaches to the side of the bed so we'll use that after until baby is rolling and then will probably just put the baby in bed with us. Unless by some weird coincidence the baby is going to want his/ her own space then we'll get a crib. But I'm hoping to avoid the crib.
October 5th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not sure yet. I was thinking of putting baby in a crib right away but I'm still undecided.
October 5th, 2012, 09:32 AM
kkhadivar
Last time, we took the side rail off the crib and just pushed it up against the bed & used it as a cosleeper (so we didn't have to buy something else). It worked well for me with nursing and such, so we're planning to do the same thing again.
Kennydra likes this.
October 5th, 2012, 09:36 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Crib in our room right away. We'll use the bassinet insert in the Pack n Play when we're downstairs. When I need to nurse in the night, I just bring baby into bed with me.

New picture in progress......
October 5th, 2012, 09:50 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did crib right away with DS and that might be what we do this time too. I'm considering seeing about borrowing an attach to the bed thing. I dunno. I like the idea of being in the room, but then what about diaper changes and hearing every single noise?

October 5th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Super Mommy
My dad was an amazing wood worker. Before he died he built me the most beautiful baby cradle. He built one for all my brothers and sisters and when he knew he was sick,he built me one. It will be so special to have my baby sleep in the cradle he designed and built with his own hands.
October 5th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capeladybug View Post
My dad was an amazing wood worker. Before he died he built me the most beautiful baby cradle. He built one for all my brothers and sisters and when he knew he was sick,he built me one. It will be so special to have my baby sleep in the cradle he designed and built with his own hands.
That brought tears to my eyes. You'll have to show us a pic of what the cradle looks like!

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

October 5th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
We used a pack n play with a bassinet on the top for Isaac right next to our bed, but the first night home we swaddled him and put to bed and I walked by him to see that he was choking, and he did not turn his head either. Apparently he spit up and didn't know what to do. Scared us to death, so we co-slept which also scares me. We bought a nest and it goes in the bed, it has sides so Isaac couldn't roll out. But I loved it b/c now he was right next to me, close enough to hear small noises he made, but in a bed that also kept him safe from our pillows and blankets. We will use the nest again this time around.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
October 5th, 2012, 10:25 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I have no clue and it sounds like everyone figured out there own thing that worked for them.
Missa_Mae likes this.

Forever missing my angel 2010

October 5th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missa_Mae View Post
That brought tears to my eyes. You'll have to show us a pic of what the cradle looks like!
Honestly this question brought tears to my eyes. I have been having the hardest time with the thought of my dad not holding my baby. My dad was one of my absolute best friends. This question made me realize that my dad will indeed be holding my sweet little bundle. Thanks for posting!

I will take a pic next weekend when I am at my moms!
ThaiSpice and Missa_Mae like this.
October 5th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would really like to get a cosleeper that attaches to the side of the bed, but they don't sell them in Canada. So we might side car our crib which we did with Leland for a while .

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 5th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We used a rock n play sleeper with dd until she was about 7-8m old. We then moved her to the crib. We plan on doing something similar with new baby. DD will move out of her crib when new baby moves into the crib.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

October 5th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a cradle that we will probably use again.
October 5th, 2012, 12:35 PM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
I am either going to use a bassinet or co-sleeper. Maybe it's because it's my first, but I don't want baby very far away!
Missa_Mae likes this.

Expecting a baby girl EDD July 5, 2015!

October 5th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Veteran
With my first son he went in his own crib and own room on his second day home. We had intended to use the bassinet portion of the pack and play but we all slept so horribly on the first night that we moved him right away and it worked great for everyone. This time I'm planning on borrowing a bassinet from my sister but who knows? I thought I had a plan last time too so I guess we'll play it by ear

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search