Having a Tough Few Days ...

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Since Wednesday, I have felt M/S worse than ever.
It comes the most when I wake up in the morning, I am either famished, or nauseous, but lately it's been feeling both.

I take my Zofran either upon waking, or an hour before waking (if I get up to pee) and it sometimes helps, sometimes doesn't help. I don't know what else to do. I usually force myself to eat and sometimes it helps, but, like today, food isn't helping.

The worst part is that when I start to feel sick, my anxiety goes through the roof & I start to have an anxiety attack. I shiver, I'm jittery, basically freaking out. <- not fun

Friday was the only day since Wednesday that I have felt semi-normal, was able to eat & relax for most of the day.

I'm not sleeping very well, even with the Unisom at night. I toss & turn.

I've thrown up twice & both times it wasn't much and I did feel slightly better afterwards.

It's starting to really get me down. Everyone keeps saying that I'm thinking about it too much and I need to just "get over it" but it's REALLY bringing me down.

Besides the Zofran, I've also got Reglan which I don't like to take unless it's absolutely horrid. I'm taking 100mgs of B6 (2 50mgs/day), 1/2 Unisom at night & sometimes if my anxiety is crazy I take a 1/2 Unisom in the morning too. I hate putting all these drugs in my body.

I'm so afraid this will never ever go away. I don't know what else to do ... I need some help.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

October 7th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Veteran
I am really sorry. Being nauseaus all day isn't fun at all. Since week 6 I have had really bad MS that included a trip to the ER. I have lost weight too. Make sure you are at least taking in some ice chips. They do help. Don't bite them, just suck them until they completely melt in your mouth. That way you are getting in water plus you are kind of busy thinking of melting the ice in your mouth and slightly forget about the nausea. Also the food that you have tried already and has made you gag. Try it again but with extremely small bites. I did that and it worked for me. Also, when you take the Zofran make sure that the whole thing melts in your mouth and don't spit for about 15 minutes. Try to hold it in. I have noticed that when I do that the Zofran does better. I take my Zofran religiously every 12 hours at 5:30 am.
October 7th, 2012, 07:45 AM
I don't have the melting tablets, just the regular ones. I've been taking 4mgs upon waking, and the other 4mgs an hour or so later ... then I take another 4mgs in the afternoon (like 5 hours later) and then 8mgs another 5-6 hours later.

But it's weird, sometimes it works & feel good, other times it's like I didn't take anything :-(

October 7th, 2012, 07:56 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
That's really rough and i'm sorry. I definitely agree with the suggestions that Yamillka posted.

October 7th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry! It's been hard for me, too, as mine has been getting worse, too. Luckily I do better if I am careful to keep the Zofran in my system (and manage the side effects, too). I TOTALLY understand what you mean about it getting you down. I have been more depressed with this pregnancy than any other (by a large margin), and I think it's because I've been so tired (much more tired than previous pregnancies) and so sick (about the same as other pregnancies). This part is hard. I hope it doesn't last much longer for either of us!
October 7th, 2012, 08:56 AM
lucyinthesky
Sounds so tough! Nausea all day doesn't sound nice, at all. Yamilka has some great advice... sorry I don't. Hugs x
October 7th, 2012, 09:00 AM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
I'm sorry you are feeling so crappy!
My m/s spiked right at 12-13 weeks and then got so much better. Now at 14 weeks its completely gone unless I don't eat soon after realizing I'm hungry. I hope you start to feel better soon!

October 7th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Veteran
Oh my Gosh! That much Zofran? I really feel for you. The darn thing makes me so drowsy that sometimes I wonder if the remedy is actually worst than the sickness! I take 8 mg every 12 hours. Do me a favor, force yourself and go outside and breath some fresh air, if you can please walk around at least 10-15 mnts at a time (even if you are walking slower than a tuttle). This MS is all about forcing yourself to try many things that might make you feel right even though sometimes it makes you feel like crap (at least in the beggining). Also take daily some warm bath for about 15 mnts. I put in it some lavender bubble bath. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but at least I always try it. And sometimes I stay completely still and sometimes I play with the water and a cup like if I was a little kid. I think those are the days when I end up feeling better.
I am the praying kind so I will be praying for you also so we can soon start enjoying our pregnancies.
October 7th, 2012, 10:15 AM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sucks to be sick! I've lost 16 lbs so far, went a month without food, and been to the ER twice for fluids. Last Friday, my doctor said I may have built up a tolerance to the Zofran/Reglan. So I stopped it for four days. Three of those days weren't bad, but one was the worst by far--I threw up hourly even without eating or drinking. Then I went back on the Zofran & Reglan--both first thing in the morning. I've felt way better! I'm still getting a little bit sick at times, but overall I'm a zillion times better. No problem with fluids, and I've been taking a few bites here & there. Still taking it slow, but I feel like stopping my meds for a few days really did the trick for me. I had HG the last pregnancy, and it did last the entire time, but if I took my meds consistantly, it was managable. Good luck in finding what works for you.

October 7th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry that you are still feeling so sick. I don't have any advice except I wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and I hope that you start feeling better!
October 7th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I guess I am making it worse than it is just because I am so miserable. I think that 50-60% of the nauseaa is from my anxiety. I am on Zoloft but it doesn't seem to be helping much. I have always been on to have a nervous stomach too.

I eat, not much & normLly its carbs and I drink water and gatorade. I am just really down in the dumps because I cannot do the things I normally would.

I'm going to calll my OB tmrw to discuss this anxiety. I really think if I can get a handle on that, my M/S would be easier and possibly even disappear.I am just ready for all of this to be over :-(

But I do thank you all for your nice responses. I am hoping this is just the "peak" time and it'll be much better at 14 weeks.

Last edited by Missa_Mae; October 7th, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
October 7th, 2012, 01:29 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
That's wayy too much Zofran in too short a period of time. You should only be taking 4mg every 6 hours or 8mg every 12 hours. You likely have built up a tolerance to the meds as someone else mentioned. Also, taking 3-4 meds for the same symptom isn't going to help the symptom. Taking B6, Unisom, Zofran, Reglan, etc all for nausea is counter productive. I also think it doesn't help when you eat stuff like greasy or takeout, or pizza, etc when you are feeling well because that's more likely to bring on nausea. I would stick to bland foods, frequent small meals with sips of liquids, stick to one med and don't take it so often, and definitely call your doctor to get your anxiety under control.

October 7th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Super Mommy
I have no advice but I am sorry you are having such a hard time. I hope you get better soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search