Qotd 10/9

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By hearts.0nfire
  • 2 Post By hkystar
  • 3 Post By Missa_Mae
  • 1 Post By MaineBean
  • 2 Post By Martha83

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2012, 06:48 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
In the spirit of Halloween have you been to haunted house before? Any pictures/experiences you can share?

If not have you ever gone to one that's made to scare you? Or a haunted corn maze?

For one season I worked at a haunted corn maze, but I did face painting/pumpkin painting for the kids and it ended up being one of the coldest Octobers ever.

With actual haunted places there is one restaurant in Niagara on the Lake that we loved eating at that supposedly has a soldier that haunts it. I don't remember how old I am in the picture, but I remember a lot from that day and I know no one was in the window and even if there was it's pretty hard to see people from that distance. I definitely feel like my mom caught something!

October 9th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
I've gone to the headless horseman in our town a few years and also to a haunted corn maze a couple times. Nothing recently and not this year because ill probably pee myself. The last time I ended up punching and kicking a guy who jumped out at me with a chainsaw.

October 9th, 2012, 06:55 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I'm not a big fan of haunted houses, corn mazes, etc. I get too creeped out. I also don't really watch many horror movies. One of my sisters went to a haunted maze one time, and one time only. She was terrified, and she will NEVER go back again. That's enough for me not to want to go.

October 9th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont do haunted stuff, not movies/cornmazes/hayrides/houses!

I end up scared of the dark for weeks after!
Missa_Mae and HalfDozen like this.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

October 9th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I cannot do haunted houses at all - I get soooooo scared that I would probably cry and scream for someone to take me out of there!

My father forced me through one when I was like 8 years old and I was scarred for life lol.

There is a regular, non-haunted, corn maze around here that I've gone too at night when it's dark but nobody jumps out at you or anything so I was ok.

Speaking of ghosts, I went to New Orleans, LA a few years ago and it was the best vacation ever! They have ghost walks every night where they take you through the French Quarter and point out all the history and the "sightings". I took tons of pictures and got a bunch of orbs and stuff, it was pretty cool.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

October 9th, 2012, 08:00 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd never do a REAL haunted anything- nothing with actual/supposed spirits lingering about. I'd be WAY too scared.

I do enjoy a good haunted hayride. I like being in the "safety" of the wagon, though I totally scream and cringe and laugh (all at the same time) when the chainsaw people or whoever jump up and scare us. They get me EVERY time. I couldn't do a corn maze or one of those haunted amusement parks- I wouldn't feel safe enough just walking. (And yeah, I know every time someone jumped out it would be fake, but I'd totally scream every time!)

I do love horror movies though for the most part. Movies with really creepy special effects involving spirits is often too much though- I made DH stop House on Haunted Hill (the remake) years ago right at the peak of the movie because I couldn't take it any more. We finished watching it the next day during daylight and the end was super cheesy and horrible. I stopped it right at the scariest point.
lucyinthesky likes this.

October 9th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
no way. I'm a chicken liver.
HalfDozen and lucyinthesky like this.

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
October 9th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
there is actually a haunted house by me where you have to be 18+to go in because they handcuff you and put a bag over your head during it lol

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

October 9th, 2012, 10:41 AM
lucyinthesky
I've been to loads of so called 'haunted places' and i've been to the haunted houses just set up for halloween. This halloween we're going to the london dungeons as my so has never been. It's terrifying! I'm such an adrenaline junkie and I love horror! Last year my so went to this thing called the nightmare realm back in Ireland, set up in a warehouse or something. He showed me some videos on youtube and told me all about it.. we're going there next Halloween for sure!
October 9th, 2012, 10:48 AM
lucyinthesky
I went to the edinburgh vaults once, no idea where the pictures are though. But I swear to god I felt something tug my jacket. But it was probably my mind playing tricks on me
October 9th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think I have been to any haunted houses since high school. We did a corn maze one year but we were in there for what felt like forever so we haven't gone back. I did take my daughter though a smaller hay maze and that was plenty of Halloween excitement for me this year!
October 12th, 2012, 03:11 PM
kitkat's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't like haunted houses or horror movies.

I did work in a haunted office. I'm a bit of a workaholic and would stay late. Every night, my pens or papers on my desk would move. My desk drawer would open and close and various other things would happen. I asked around and found out that in the early 70s a young surfer hung himself in a grove a trees that used to be where the office building was built. I think it was him playing around.

October 12th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
We've gone to the Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs Arkansas several times, the last time we got some nice pictures of orbs and then one with dh and what seems to be something at his feet, I am not saying it was a ghost but it certainly looks like a little girl. If you are on the fb group, you already seen these pics, creepy lol.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search