Diaper Bags

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2012, 10:38 AM
Atank03's Avatar Veteran
I got a the big Miche bag with a yellow/green and black plaid shell thats is made to be a diaper bag. Just got it in a few weeks ago. and when i dont need the diaper bag anymore I can buy a different shell and it will be a purse!
December 21st, 2012, 11:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just used a cute messenger bag for my first two, but my mom bought me this Oioi one for my birthday (she got it new at a consignment store, so it wasn't nearly this much).

Amazon.com: OiOi Pink Floral Bouquet Messenger Diaper Bag with Water Resistant Finish - NEW!: Baby

December 21st, 2012, 11:05 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
FYI

Ju ju be bags are 50% off today on babysteals.com

December 21st, 2012, 11:18 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskk826 View Post
FYI

Ju ju be bags are 50% off today on babysteals.com
Thanks DDB for tempting me!!! Lol
December 21st, 2012, 11:21 AM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
I have had quite a few diaper bags and none were as big or held up as well as the one we have right now. We have the skip hop bento:
Skip Hop : Bento ultimate diaper bag

We've had it well over a year and it still looks brand new. We went through 3-4 in the year prior to that before finding this bag. It would totally work for two kids but I am a notorious over-packer so we're likely going to do a backpack since we also do cloth. Hoping Owen will be potty trained by the time the baby comes!
nameetog likes this.

December 21st, 2012, 11:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thos Vera ones are to rich for my blood were on a tight buget so I'm looking at cheaper I have a brown messenger w green trim it ses pooh bit not real decrotive I want something nice so that may be the dad bag lol I do like the backpacks or ones w the strap that can be long enough to we're like a messenger
December 21st, 2012, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The best part of a backpack is it does not fall off your shoulder! I don't lug an infant bucket seat around but when I only had Zac and I did use the bucket seat to carry him about when you bend down to pick it up the darned diaper bag falls off your shoulder. I used a sling with Lilli LOTS and I know I'll babywear even more now that I will have 3 it'll be nice to have a backpack and a sling or carrier and I still have my hands free to hold my other kids hands without worrying about a bag falling down your arm etc
~AmazedByYou~ and *Anya* like this.

December 21st, 2012, 02:19 PM
Veteran
My Mom's best friend makes these beautiful, awesome diaper bags for friends who are pregnant. We get to pick our colors, and then she finds really cool fabric and makes them. The one she made us when we had Madeline is still going strong. They're AWESOME. the perfect number and placement of pouches, and not too big and not too small. I'm hoping she makes me another this time around, especially if it's a boy!

December 22nd, 2012, 05:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I use the six pocket utility tote from thirty one. I have 5 different ones. I hosted a party and wound up buying a bunch. I use them for my school bag...I am a teacher...and I use one right now for a diaper bag. Since I like to switch things up, I have a few different patterns. I swear by them!
December 22nd, 2012, 09:27 AM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine is the same one I used for my son, it's more of a designer messenger bag than diaper bag but why not be stylish too? ;-)

December 24th, 2012, 05:33 AM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I honestly hardly ever used my diaper bag before. I carried a little pack of wipes & a diaper or two in my purse. I left the diaper bag in the car. The other day, DH was rearranging the basement & found the bag, still packed with unused baby gear. My mom just got me this one:
Summer Infant Easton Tote, Black/White:Amazon:Baby

It's made well & so cute. It looks like a floral print, but if you look carefully, it's actually animals--deer, squirrels, rabbits, birds, etc. I'm going to have to change my ways & use this one!

December 24th, 2012, 06:46 AM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
i will tell you this. Don't get ANY J.J. Cole bag. Their customer service is DEPLORABLE and after three "Defective" bags that literally ripped open at the seam, I gave up and got the skip hop.

December 24th, 2012, 09:27 AM
boysarebest's Avatar Veteran
Ditto on the backpack! I think mine was columbia? But it was so much easier for me and didn't hurt a shoulder nor did I have to hang it on a stroller! Not as cute as some of the bags but much easier I think!
Sneetch and nameetog like this.
December 25th, 2012, 11:25 AM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
I now own two!!!!! My mother got me the most gorgeous bag I could have ever expected! - this is going to be more luggage than an every day diaper bag
Coach 'Addison' Leather Baby Tote Bag - Black/Silver-F18374 on eBay!

and then my best friend sent me the Duo in Nixon
Skip Hop: Jonathan Adler ♥ Skip Hop

I am feeling so blessed this holiday!

December 25th, 2012, 10:54 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I gotta second the back pack idea, I love that my diaper bag can be either over the shoulder or back pack style, once my kid was walking around it was definitely easier to chase her with my bag over both shoulders and not sliding off the one shoulder.
nameetog likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search