Lower abdonimal pain...

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Atank03's Avatar Veteran
Ok well last night I had a few sharp pains in my right lower abd area, that was right before bed. I woke up and was fine. Now at work while I am walking over to the cafeteria for lunch it starts hurting, bad enough that I had to stop for a min. When I sit down it goes away. I can feel her moving around in there but just wondering what it could be. Doesnt feel like contractions or anything like that, more like a stabbing pain. Any Ideas?
December 27th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i had some pains too, Mine was related to bathroom stuff....I tend to not go as often as I probably am supposed to but the vitamins do it to me....It takes a few days of eating better and drinking water for me...
December 27th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Atank03's Avatar Veteran
Yea that could be my problem too. I only go like twice a week. I need to start drinking more water and some stool softners.
December 27th, 2012, 01:40 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's hard to say. I had some pains yesterday, and to be honest, I couldn't tell if they were contractions, cramps or something else. But they went away, so I'm hoping it was no big deal, whatever it was. Hopefully that's the case for you, too!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

December 27th, 2012, 02:29 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't had any sharp pains, but I have been experiencing almost like a charlie horse cramp on my belly every once and a while, and its bad enough that I have to stop and massage it out. Its not the whole belly, just like a rice cake size circle on the side...

December 27th, 2012, 02:43 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry that you are having these pains. I know how annoying they can be.

I had a lot of lower ab pain... mostly from the stretching ligaments and then from constipation. But I take Colace now about every other day and it keeps things moving and I don't get them much anymore. My doctor also told me that it could be slight dehydration. So you are probably on the right track with drinking tons of water and taking a stool softener.

I'm best friends with the bathroom now because of the water drinking but I can live with that. *lol*

I hope that something helps you!
December 27th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
yes def drink lots of water - even the slightest bit of dehydration can cause cramping

It could also be RLP - I still get it every now & then. If it continues or becomes more bothersome or is accompanied by blood I'd def call your OB.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search