Pregnancy Tumor

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2013, 06:43 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone dealt with this?

So I've been watching this spot on my face, right next to my nose. At first, it was a fairly flat red spot. I could actually see the blood vessels. It would blanch if I put pressure on it. It keeps getting worse, and now it's a big red bump (not enormous, but it feels like it is & has definately changed over the past few weeks). So last week, I mentioned that I should go see a dermatologist, but I tend to put things like that off. Yesterday I accidentally scratched it & it bled, but not real bad. I know it's not good to self diagnose or Google anything, but I started looking things up, and it seems I may be one of the lucky 5% of pregnant women that get pyogenic granulomas, or "pregnancy tumors." Obviously I need to check with the doctor, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. It is nowhere near as ugly as the ones in Google image search. It seems some people have them removed, with a chance of recurrance, and some people dont, and they might just disappear postpartum. With the way it has already changed, plus being smack in the middle of my face, I can't imagine not having it removed.

I know it's a long shot, but I wondered if anyone else has had this or even heard of it?

January 13th, 2013, 07:09 PM
kkhadivar
I haven't heard of this, but I'm sorry you're dealing with it! Hopefully the dermatologist can help you out. If you have to get it removed later, maybe you could go to a plastic surgeon? (I went to one for a facial mole, and you can't tell there was ever anything there. It looks way better than the one the derm removed.) ...I hope it just goes away after pregnancy for you!
January 13th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
:-(

sorry you're dealing with that! I would def. at least have your OB take a look at if and if they want you to see a Derm before delivery then def. go see one.

I, on the other hand, have developed 2 icky skin tags on the side of my stomach, like I can actually pull at them! Of course I googled and this is apparently common in pregnancy ... but still, I hope they go away after birth!

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

January 13th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I meant to mention it at my last appt, but I forgot/was putting it off.

January 14th, 2013, 03:09 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No...haven't heard of that. Sorry you are having to deal with it! Hopefully it's not a big deal and will just go away, but I'd definitely get it checked out to be sure.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

January 14th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would not stress about it you never know it could be a bad pimple just go to the dr for peice of mind and don't stress until u know for sure
January 14th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissyS View Post
I would not stress about it you never know it could be a bad pimple just go to the dr for peice of mind and don't stress until u know for sure
No, it's definately not. I'm not stressing at all. I've just been putting it off for weeks/months, and can really tell how much worse it is. I did call this morning & got an appt on Thursday.

January 14th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Glad you're getting it checked out--better safe than sorry, especially if it's something that's gotten worse or hasn't gone away in a reasonable amount of time. Hope it all checks out ok!

January 17th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Just wanted to update--the dermatologist agreed that's probably what it was, and she removed it, thank goodness. She is sending it for a biopsy to be sure. The past two days, it was gushing blood just by barely touching it. There's a good chance it could come back, and if so, I'll go back & she'll cut more than she did today. I told her I could care less about a scar. Much better than a big bleeding bump! I actually read that the hormones that cause it continue to be elevated throughout breastfeeding too, so I'll just have to keep watching it all through that time. Lovely.

I just thought I'd update because it seems not many people have ever heard of this, and as much as I hope no one else ever gets one, I thought it might help to know what it is, if it does.

January 17th, 2013, 03:40 PM
So glad that she took it off! Hopefully it'll stay gone. Thanks for the update!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search