Nesting

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2013, 01:33 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anybody feeling the nesting urge??

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

January 15th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Not yet! I've still got the laziness going on. I do really want to start getting the nursery together though.

January 15th, 2013, 01:44 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It kicked in this weekend! baby will be in our room so not much to do, some minor rearranging and we need to get a dresser. I think my husband is sick of me talking about it lol.
January 15th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I WISH!! I've got a closet I'm counting on the nesting bug to help me clean ; ) It hit with my older kids big time toward the end so I'm sure it will again

January 15th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
I do but there isn't much I can do since we have no nursery, our girl will be staying in our room with all her stuff and our stuff together sooo after my baby shower next month this room will be CRAMPED!

January 15th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Me too Anya, nothing much to prepare. I need to get a dresser and go through/wash clothing and prep/wash diapers. I won't set up the cosleeper till right before, it is sitting in my room. Going through the clothes will be fun since I havent really gone through them since my son was a baby almost 6 years ago
*Anya* likes this.

January 15th, 2013, 01:54 PM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
YES! Bad! It's almost become an obsession. I am constantly cleaning, even the smallest amount of dirt bothers me. I can't shake the feeling that everything has to be "perfect" for when he gets here. I'm driving DH nuts!
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.

Thank you to PrincessMom08 for my cute siggy!

January 15th, 2013, 02:00 PM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
Absolutely! I am constantly am looking for something to clean or organize. I want everything to be perfect and ready for the baby. I keep telling SO that I am afraid she will come early and I just want everything to be ready. And with all the pain I was having last night I think SO is startin to see I'm not exaggerating! She could really come whenever she wants but the closer we get over the next 3 months, the more freaked out I get, and the more I want to just work work work....I probably need to slow down a little. LOL But I was this way with both of my boys about a week before they came and they were 2 and 3 weeks early each. Kinda freaking me out!

January 15th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
You can all come over to my house and clean

I keep telling DH we need to hire a cleaning service to go through the house top to bottom right before baby boy comes

January 15th, 2013, 03:08 PM
~Isela~
Not yet hopefully I get the urge soon because my house is a wreck!

January 15th, 2013, 03:11 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My house is a wreck right now, too...DH kept Grace home with him for the past two days, so yeah...toddler + daddy = messy house! I WANT it to be all clean and organized, but I just can't seem to make it happen. Cleaning service sounds like a good idea...
Kennydra likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

January 15th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I do think I am starting to feel it. At least enough to finally get my house in a less disastrous state.
January 15th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine hasn't been in the form of cleaning/organizing. I have been working on the quilt I am making for his bedding and am starting to buy more things.

Full blown nesting didn't kick in until the day I went into labor. With my second, I remember cleaning the entire house, top to bottom and even washed and cleaned my car out. I was in high gear, finished about 7pm and water broke at 11pm.

Mommy to 4 boys
January 15th, 2013, 05:21 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
I've got it bad. Major overhauling each room in my house one by one. My laundry room is spotless but now my dining room is a mess from the stuff in the laundry room I was organizing (and boxes and stuff that have to go to the dump). Can't wait to get started on the baby's room once DH moves the dresser so I can start loading it!

January 15th, 2013, 05:23 PM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
Not at all. I wish it had.

January 15th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been on a massive "get rid of the clutter" kick so I guess that is nesting. I kept waiting for a big nesting urge last time before my daughter was born and it never came. So I figure I should get things ready now in case I get more tired and lazy over the next three months.
January 15th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Excited first time mommy!
Not quite yet! Ever since third trimester hit, I feel like a walking zombie :x
January 15th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope, no nesting yet here! I'm hoping it hits around February 16th because that's when my week off from school starts lol.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 15th, 2013, 06:48 PM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not yet but praying it kicks in soon! So much to do!

January 15th, 2013, 07:01 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been nesting in odd ways. First of all, if I am cooking a real meal, I cook WAY too much food! Last night, I made Mac & Cheese with two pounds of pasta for just me and DF!

As far as the apartment goes, I want to get it all set, but I can't do a lot of it with out DF going through and getting rid of a bunch of stuff. We have such limited space that it is going to be tough to make room for baby! He is definitely falling into that "dads become dads at birth" category... its really starting to annoy me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search