Trimester 3

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By *Anya*
  • 3 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 2 Post By Purple_cat
  • 1 Post By anjawb
  • 2 Post By *Anya*
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
when does it start? I have a few things that tell me 27 weeks and a few that say 28 weeks so which one?? i am 27 weeks Friday idk weather to think i am in the 3rd Trimester or not till the Friday after

January 15th, 2013, 03:22 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
somewhere around there, no one will object if you say you are in 3rd at 27 weeks
January 15th, 2013, 03:28 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Agreed. I go with 27 weeks, because if you divide 40 weeks into three equal sections, you get about 13.3 weeks per trimester. So 26.6 weeks would be the end of the second trimester, and for the sake of rounding, I say 27 weeks. Some people go with 14 weeks and 28 weeks as the start of the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. So IMO either one is ok.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

January 15th, 2013, 04:05 PM
alyssabeth2685's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
Agreed. I go with 27 weeks, because if you divide 40 weeks into three equal sections, you get about 13.3 weeks per trimester. So 26.6 weeks would be the end of the second trimester, and for the sake of rounding, I say 27 weeks. Some people go with 14 weeks and 28 weeks as the start of the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. So IMO either one is ok.
I have severe pregnancy brain and that was like so many numbers lol... You have great math skills! LOL
January 15th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
I went with 27 as well! 28 leaves only 12 weeks to the 3rd trimester then and 14 for 1st and 2nd

January 15th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssabeth2685 View Post
I have severe pregnancy brain and that was like so many numbers lol... You have great math skills! LOL

LOL! Looking back at it, it IS a lot of numbers!

January 15th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My sig thing tells me Sunday for me
January 15th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, that is exciting! I am going to consider myself in the 3rd trimester then.
ThaiSpice and Cortney6983 like this.
January 15th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am going with 27 weeks!!It's quicker to get there and have a history of going early...so it's more likely 27 for me! I went 7 weeks later the last time!
January 15th, 2013, 06:49 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
I also dont get what to say about how many months I am... I mean, I guess im 7? but that makes it sound like I only have two months left, but I have three... AND if you count the months, than Im 6? August being one, September, October, November, December, January...

This whole thing is very complicated...
Cortney6983 likes this.

January 15th, 2013, 06:50 PM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
somewhere around there, no one will object if you say you are in 3rd at 27 weeks
Agree!

January 15th, 2013, 07:44 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjawb View Post
I also dont get what to say about how many months I am... I mean, I guess im 7? but that makes it sound like I only have two months left, but I have three... AND if you count the months, than Im 6? August being one, September, October, November, December, January...

I count back from my due date, so I'm just under 3 months away, so I'm just over 6 months pregnant I don't divide weeks by 4, because no months (aside form feb.) had 4 weeks in it, they are 4.5 weeks long.
HalfDozen and Cortney6983 like this.
January 15th, 2013, 08:23 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I count back from my due date, so I'm just under 3 months away, so I'm just over 6 months pregnant I don't divide weeks by 4, because no months (aside form feb.) had 4 weeks in it, they are 4.5 weeks long.
I guess that makes sense! Its also tough because 9 months is actually cutting it short...

January 15th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
It really depends on whether you use calendar or lunar months. Overall a "standard" pregnancy is 40 weeks long and how you divide the months up doesn't really matter all that much. If someone asks me how far along I am and I'm 28w6d I would just say I'm 29 weeks...

January 16th, 2013, 09:48 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjawb View Post

This was a big topic of discussion in the last due date group I was in on a different board. Like Anya said, there is only 1 month that has exactly 4 weeks in it. If, over 9 months, you add up all those extra days, that's how you end up with the 40 weeks (I think within a day or 2). So, I can look at it that I'm 28 weeks along, but to me, that doesn't equate to 7 months. I won't be 7 months until February 10 when I only have 2 months left till my due date. There's no "exact" correlation to months vs. weeks. When people ask me, I tell them I'm just about 6 1/2 months along.
*Anya* likes this.

January 18th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
I hope you don't mind I used some of what you said because my SIL said I'm not in my third trimester till next week so I gave her the math you put haha

January 18th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Not at all! Hope it helped!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search