Registry question!

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
Is 57 items good or bad ? I have two registries one at Walmart and one at Burlington Coat Factory and both combined its 57 items

If anyone wants can yuo check them out and tell me if i have anything on them thats not really worth it? my family does not have a ton of money so I am trying to get stuff on them that is not un needed! (i have a crib coming from DH's mom and the stroller set my mom is buying and a few bigger items that are not on it is because I have some or someone else is getting them!)

http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com...px?id=31612344

http://www.walmart.com/giftregistry/...Id=80502882219

Last edited by Cortney6983; January 16th, 2013 at 05:00 PM.
January 16th, 2013, 04:08 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
57 seems good to me. I have about 55-60. And yeah I would take a look and give some feedback and I'm sure some other ladies would as well.
Cortney6983 likes this.

January 16th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine. Had like 200 at one point I've way weeded it down to 80 ish it's fun online until u relise all your stuff is online only and not everyone wants to order online
Cortney6983 likes this.
January 16th, 2013, 04:40 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it looks like a good list! Definately things on there that you will use, plus there are plenty of affordable choices for those that don't have much to spend. The only thing I saw on your list that I had & never used were play yard sheets. I am sure I could have used them, but I just never did.
Cortney6983 likes this.

January 16th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Looks pretty good to me
Cortney6983 likes this.

January 16th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen747 View Post
I think it looks like a good list! Definately things on there that you will use, plus there are plenty of affordable choices for those that don't have much to spend. The only thing I saw on your list that I had & never used were play yard sheets. I am sure I could have used them, but I just never did.
oh gosh i didn't realize those were Play Yard sheets! haha I thought they were sheets for a crib mattress! woops! =P good thing you noticed!

January 16th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
looks good to me ... doesn't look like you went overboard or anything and asking for pretty much everything you'll need
Cortney6983 likes this.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

January 16th, 2013, 05:19 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
The items that we never used were the caps and booties. None of my kids ever liked to have anything on their heads. Also, many outfits come with matching caps, and that was always more than enough for us. The majority of infant clothing also seems to have feet in them so we never needed the booties, either. Again, this was just us. Your child might be different.

Do you have a diaper bag? If not, that's always a nice gift. I know I like to give that as a gift and load it up with all kinds of things -- diapers, wet wipes, pacifiers, blankets, etc. Also, if you have a pack & play, or something similar, you may want a couple of sheets for it. I have several crib sheets, but also 2 pack & play sheets since we used that so often when they were little and when we were traveling. Not sure if you want one (I never had much use for it), but a Boppy is usually an affordable gift that people like to buy. Do you have a swing? We swear by them, but not everyone does since some kids don't like them. Just a few more thoughts.
Cortney6983 likes this.

January 16th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Excited first time mommy!
I'll second the boppy. It's a great prop for your arm when you're holding the baby and you can set her down in it when she's an infant It also helps cradle the baby if you're breast feeding.
Sneetch and Cortney6983 like this.
January 16th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number5OnTheWay View Post
The items that we never used were the caps and booties. None of my kids ever liked to have anything on their heads. Also, many outfits come with matching caps, and that was always more than enough for us. The majority of infant clothing also seems to have feet in them so we never needed the booties, either. Again, this was just us. Your child might be different.

Do you have a diaper bag? If not, that's always a nice gift. I know I like to give that as a gift and load it up with all kinds of things -- diapers, wet wipes, pacifiers, blankets, etc. Also, if you have a pack & play, or something similar, you may want a couple of sheets for it. I have several crib sheets, but also 2 pack & play sheets since we used that so often when they were little and when we were traveling. Not sure if you want one (I never had much use for it), but a Boppy is usually an affordable gift that people like to buy. Do you have a swing? We swear by them, but not everyone does since some kids don't like them. Just a few more thoughts.

yeah i think the hats I may take off as we do have a couple of them from others who have given us clothes they didnt use! I do have a diaper bag ! although it's not considered a diaper bag its a small tote bag that i like better than a diaper bag (a little bigger but not that big) a family friend is getting me a pack and play this week! i did have one on my registry but she told me she has a friend that didn't use hers much, we do have a swing! i like it better than most i have seen! as for the Boppy, on my walmart one I have something called a Cuddle U which is kinda like it but has a seat wrap to make sure baby doesn't fall out (not sure if the boppy is better!)
Thank you for checking them !

Last edited by Cortney6983; January 16th, 2013 at 05:31 PM.
January 16th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Excited first time mommy!
Never mind, I see that you have the cuddle-u

One more thing... Do you have a sound machine? A lot of BTDT moms have told me it is a lifesaver!
HalfDozen and Cortney6983 like this.
January 16th, 2013, 05:38 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylans_mommy View Post
Never mind, I see that you have the cuddle-u

One more thing... Do you have a sound machine? A lot of BTDT moms have told me it is a lifesaver!
A sound machine! Great idea!! We never had them with our older 3, but with our youngest, it was a life saver. They started using one at day care, and we still use it to get her to sleep every night. There are several cute ones. Day care had a lamb, but we found a giraffe one that we really like. There are also some that do lights/sounds. It might make the difference between baby getting to sleep on their own.
Cortney6983 likes this.

January 16th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylans_mommy View Post

I will have to put that!! I never thought of that I have seen the cute ones but never knew what they were used for

do you have a link of where to get one? (if walmart or burlington) or what anywhere or what they are called haha

is it womb sounds? or white noise?

Last edited by Cortney6983; January 16th, 2013 at 05:44 PM.
January 16th, 2013, 06:01 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Personally, I used the little caps a lot! I also loved the gowns with the gathered bottom when the baby is really small. Also, what about a Diaper Genie or something like it? That's a personal preference thing--some people don't like to use them, but I was thinking that if you guys will be spending most of your time in your room, it might be easier to have that & empty it once a day, rather make 15 trips out to the trash can every day.
Cortney6983 likes this.

January 16th, 2013, 06:13 PM
We have the Cloud B Sheep soother as the sound machine
Cortney6983 likes this.

January 16th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Love the advice!!! Glad u posted this Cort
Cortney6983 likes this.
January 16th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The pack n play I had with my last son came with a small sound machine attatched, it also had a light vibrate option. My niece has been using it, so I am waiting to get it back. My son loved the heartbeat, or even the water sound.
Cortney6983 likes this.

Mommy to 4 boys
January 17th, 2013, 06:27 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Looks pretty good! I love the SwaddleMe blankets.
Cortney6983 likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

January 17th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The ladies here have given you great advice! And like Jen said you may want to get some sort of diaper disposal system. My recommendation is the Diaper Champ! I love it because you don't have to buy any special refill bags for it, you can just use regular kitchen garbage bags or even just regular grocery bags (my dad and stepmom did that with theirs!).
Cortney6983 likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 17th, 2013, 06:42 AM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskk826 View Post
We have the Cloud B Sheep soother as the sound machine
this is on Zulily today for $16.99

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search