Baby reg anyone have any tips?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am copying you court I'm sorry don't hate me

So btdt moms I have a target and babies r us reg if anyone would like to look mine and tell me what I should add or take off it would great my name is Kristina santa on targets
Target : Expect More Pay Less

Baby Gifts - Baby Registry at Babies"R"Us
Cortney6983 likes this.
January 16th, 2013, 05:35 PM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
Wow! Holy moly girl that's a lot of stuff and A LOT of pacifiers! Personally my opinion is half of that is unnecessary stuff. Especially all the bath stuff. People usually buy it anyway along with clothes so having it on the registry isn't really necessary.
I would say you don't need nearly that many pacifiers, baby carriers, high chair covers, 2 rocknplay sleepers, definitely not that many tubs, baby wash, bottles, diaper pails, 1000 breast pads. It's honestly way way too much stuff and overwhelming

Last edited by CrunchyMommaTo2; January 16th, 2013 at 05:54 PM.
January 16th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!

I took a look at your Target one & you have 4 baby bathtubs on there ... did you need 4 for a reason? If not, I'd narrow it down to one.

Same with the pacifiers, you def. do not need that many.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

January 16th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Super Mommy
Whoaaaaaaa I would most def cut down on bottles and pacifiers! I also would rethink ALLLLLL the stuff have listed. You have a lot of duplicates that are unnecessary!
CrunchyMommaTo2 likes this.
January 16th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
K ill weed it way down like I had put I had way to much fun doing it ill weed it way down at home
January 16th, 2013, 06:35 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Well, like I told Cortney, we never used the booties or caps. Maybe it was just our girls' personal preferences, but maybe not. I found that we always had more of them than we could ever possibly need. Those tend to be things that people buy on their own, whether they're on the registry or not.

Are you aware that you have a Boppy AND another nursing pillow on Target? I know that most people don't spend as much as you would like to think that they will so my fear is that you'll end up with both of them.

Like everyone else said, you have a lot of duplicates. You need to pick the ONE of each item (namely the bigger-ticket items) that you want and remove everything else that is extra. For example - doorway jumper, play yard, bath tub, some of the bottles, cart & high chair covers, baby carriers. I know you are going to have people buying off of both registries, but they will pick one or the other. Register for some of your larger items on 1 registry and different larger items on the other registry. That way, people have plenty of price-range choices, but you won't end up with multiples of either the same or similar items.

Also, I'm not necessarily telling you to remove them, but in my experience, most people won't buy any nursing pads or other breastfeeding supplies. It just seems to be something that most people feel funny about buying.

My final suggestion would be to mention on the Babies R Us site that you are doing Classic Pooh. Otherwise, you are going to end up with just regular Winnie the Pooh stuff, and you might not want that for your nursery since you already have the crib set, etc.

New picture in progress......
January 16th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Agree! I've only looked at the target registry. With the multiples, I am trying to understand why you would register for so many different things. Is it to give the buyer different options?

About the pacifiers, I would only register for 2 or 3. The hospital usually supplies you with a paci, but with all those pacifiers you never know if your child will refuse the pacifier all together. My second son would NOT take a paci for anything. Luckily I only had a couple of pacifiers on hand when he was born. True, you can return things that aren't used but they may question why you are bringing 30 pacifiers back.

I would stick to one tub. I have actually never used a tub, I always thought they were useless. I just bought the bath sponge to lay the baby on.

With the bath washes/lotions, you seem to have an over whelming amount registered. This is the type of item you may decide you only like a certain brand, or your baby may have sensitive skin and then you are stuck with a ton of unused bath products.

Bottles and diapers, again....something you may go through a few different types before finding one your baby likes or that works well for your baby. I would register for just a couple of bottles and maybe a few different packs of diapers. I had an overload in diapers for my first son, turns out he could only wear huggies because anything that touched his bottom would instantly break his little tush out. I ended up exchanging diapers all the time.

In general, I think that in place of all the duplicates I would ask for gift cards. This will allow you to make trips to target to buy a different pacifier/bottle/diaper/bath wash to try. Rather than asking for so many different types of items.
Cortney6983 likes this.

Mommy to 4 boys
January 16th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh! I also wanted to add....1000 breast pads is a LOT! I remember my mom buying me a bunch of breast pads and I hated them, they irritated my breasts. I had to go through a few different brands before settling. So, I would just register for 1 or 2 boxes of those.

Mommy to 4 boys
January 16th, 2013, 06:53 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto to what the others have said. I can't imagine a situation where you'd need four tubs. Things like little toys, bath stuff, and pacifiers---most people will buy them anyway, but not the exact ones on your registry. You are better off eliminating most of that & getting the registry down to the most essential items, and no duplicates unless you really want them.

January 16th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
k i way weeded it down i added all from online and i just we hahha a bit crazy
alyssabeth2685 likes this.
January 17th, 2013, 07:40 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can only see the Target one...and I'm guessing it's after you weeded it out a bit! It's a good number of items. My personal preference is to not register for or buy too many things like bottles and pacis on the front end, because you just never know which kind baby will like.
alyssabeth2685 likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

January 17th, 2013, 07:58 AM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
Okay. You still have 2893478329479328423 pacifiers and bottles, two rock n plays, two nursing pillows (not including covers), tons of bath/lotion stuff, four bath tubs/tub sponges/bath mats, I believe 5 mattress covers (not sheets, just mattress covers), two ergos plus a mei tai, 2 or more shopping cart covers, 2 or more diaper disposal systems (arm and hammer and diaper dekor), wayyyyyy too many diapers/wipes, way too many breast pads, 10 towels, 800 toys, 3+ table changing pads, and two or more first aid kits. Honestly, if you want to get any of the "important" things from your list you need to get rid of the junk. You need a tub more than you need 15 kinds of bottles and pacifiers, etc. I understand it's "fun" to make a registry but if I went to the stores and printed these out (which print out every.single.page.every.single.time) instead of fishing through to find items, I'd just buy something I think you'd like to save myself an hour of searching. It's fine to get one pack of each type of bottles, but you do not need multiple boxes of each style including stuff like extra nipples, drop ins, etc. I think you need to cut it down even more. Unless you expect 100+ people at each shower.

January 17th, 2013, 08:17 AM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AmazedByYou~ View Post
Okay. You still have 2893478329479328423 pacifiers and bottles, two rock n plays, two nursing pillows (not including covers), tons of bath/lotion stuff, four bath tubs/tub sponges/bath mats, I believe 5 mattress covers (not sheets, just mattress covers), two ergos plus a mei tai, 2 or more shopping cart covers, 2 or more diaper disposal systems (arm and hammer and diaper dekor), wayyyyyy too many diapers/wipes, way too many breast pads, 10 towels, 800 toys, 3+ table changing pads, and two or more first aid kits. Honestly, if you want to get any of the "important" things from your list you need to get rid of the junk. You need a tub more than you need 15 kinds of bottles and pacifiers, etc. I understand it's "fun" to make a registry but if I went to the stores and printed these out (which print out every.single.page.every.single.time) instead of fishing through to find items, I'd just buy something I think you'd like to save myself an hour of searching. It's fine to get one pack of each type of bottles, but you do not need multiple boxes of each style including stuff like extra nipples, drop ins, etc. I think you need to cut it down even more. Unless you expect 100+ people at each shower.
Ditto. You took off like 10 things from each registry. It's still beyond overwhelming to even look at.
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.

January 17th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Excited first time mommy!
I'd suggest you use a check list. Checklist: Baby registry must-haves | BabyCenter The purpose of a registry is so you do not end up with multiples... Might be helpful to start over.
January 17th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AmazedByYou~ View Post

Ditto!!! A baby is a real little human being, not a doll! She will need a handful of really useful items but unlike a doll she does not need a million cutesy accessories!!! I personally would rather get one boppy, one rock and play and one case of diapers more so then 10 platex nursers, 10 tommy tippy bottles and 25 binkies! If I were you I would really think about what is important! You can always add to your registries if after your first shower there isn't much selection!
January 17th, 2013, 12:01 PM
alyssabeth2685's Avatar Veteran
You're just so excited its too cute! Ditto to everyone who posted. And imagine if you even got a quarter of that stuff... what would you do with all of it. Babies are all so different you prob. wouldnt be able to even get through using but a few items before baby outgrows or doesn't even like certain things.
January 17th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you ck now I really went down one tub and I have a boppy and breast friend simply so I can see what I like I took all the things I wanted more of one of to 1 and I don't have that many bottles or passies I want a veritaty simply becouse I do not know what she will like
Thank you for the reality ck clicking add to reg was far to much fun I think I'm more practical now I will look up the sheets I want a few just cuz it's nice to have more then One in case we have a sick night hehehe
January 17th, 2013, 12:58 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel_Kay View Post
Oh! I also wanted to add....1000 breast pads is a LOT! I remember my mom buying me a bunch of breast pads and I hated them, they irritated my breasts. I had to go through a few different brands before settling. So, I would just register for 1 or 2 boxes of those.
That was one thing I wanted to add, too. Some people LOVE the disposable ones, but I am not one of those people. I think that they are uncomfortable and irritating. I prefer the cloth ones, which are softer against the skin.

And yes, believe me, I know with all my bodily function issues that it is odd that I take no issue with washing and re-using breast pads. I never said it was logical.

New picture in progress......
January 17th, 2013, 01:03 PM
alyssabeth2685's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number5OnTheWay View Post
That was one thing I wanted to add, too. Some people LOVE the disposable ones, but I am not one of those people. I think that they are uncomfortable and irritating. I prefer the cloth ones, which are softer against the skin.

And yes, believe me, I know with all my bodily function issues that it is odd that I take no issue with washing and re-using breast pads. I never said it was logical.
I agree and prefer the 100% cotton reusable ones... i think i got them from motherhood maternity too. the disposables gave me a rash
January 17th, 2013, 01:05 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never used those kind of disposable breast pads. The only ones I used were the soothing gel pads (also disposable, but you can wear them for like 48 or 72 hours or something like that). I used those for a few weeks (I think...it's hard to remember). And once my milk supply was pretty established, I really didn't need breast pads anyway, because I didn't leak that much.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search