Sweet Retreat it is!

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 7 Post By Missa_Mae
  • 2 Post By MommysPocket
  • 3 Post By ThaiSpice

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Although I'm sure many of you know that!

I will put the request in for the private forum today ..

RULES (which will also be listed on the forum): must be a member of the April DDC for at least 30 days with at least 100 posts. Must continue to post in the April DDC Forums at least twice a week to stay an active member, doesn't have to be a new topic but as long as you're an active member, replying to posts, etc.

You will not be allowed to share the password with anyone else. If discovered that you've shared the password you will be asked to leave the private forum.

To stay an active member of the private forum you must continue to participate in posting, questions, stories, etc. No lurking.

Absolutely NO DRAMA

You may share pictures, etc. but they are all to remain in the private forum and nobody is to share them without the original posters permission.

If the password gets hacked, a new password will be created immediately & shared with the active members of the private forum.

Please let me know your thoughts, I tried to mimic the rules from other ddc private forums ... let me know if I forgot to add something or any suggestion you may have.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

January 17th, 2013, 05:02 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Sounds good to me. What kind of stuff should be posted in the private forum versus the regular one? Just curious on how you decide where to post something...
January 17th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Veteran
Sounds good to me. I'm new to this private forum thing. How do we go about requesting access?

Also, out of curiosity, how do I know how many posts I've made in the DDC? (Most of mine are but I have no idea how I would check this lol)

January 17th, 2013, 06:08 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastikmom View Post
Sounds good to me. What kind of stuff should be posted in the private forum versus the regular one? Just curious on how you decide where to post something...
I think a lot of people use it to post more sensitive topics like maybe problems you might be having at home, emotional issues or big decisions that you don't want all the lurker a to see.

I also wondered how to check to see if you have enough posts...
Sneetch and Missa_Mae like this.

January 17th, 2013, 06:12 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

ETA: My only thought (...and whatever is done is fine, I'm just sharing this because I know what a burden it can be to maintain those private subforum passwords) is that a private social group is easier to maintain, because there is no password, no risk of hacking the password, etc. Only people who are members of it can see the posts (kind of like FB secret groups), and the list of members is maintained by group administrators. If someone is not meeting the requirements, the group leaders just remove them--no need to change the password. With the password-protected subforums, if you want to keep someone out because they either no longer meet the requirements, or you find out they shared the password, or figure out they are not for real or whatever...you have to change the password every time that happens. It can be a lot of work. The social group link can still show up in the subforum list, just like a subforum. They're also easier to create, too...anyone can set them up. This is what my PR did, and a lot of the other PRs...also May 13 DDC, as an example. Just my ...again, whatever you decide is fine with me!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Last edited by ThaiSpice; January 17th, 2013 at 07:24 AM.
January 17th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Excited first time mommy!
Your amount of posts is under the right hand side of a post you make. Red, you have 164 and mommy you have 800.
January 17th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Yay

January 17th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the idea and making no drama rules. We are great about no drama here so I would think we could keep it off the priv one Can't wait for it to get going
January 17th, 2013, 08:26 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylans_mommy View Post
Your amount of posts is under the right hand side of a post you make. Red, you have 164 and mommy you have 800.
That's total posts. Is there somewhere to see how many posts were made in the DDC?
January 17th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Super Mommy
Awe mannnnnn I love lurking! Lol. Ok ok I will post more I promise!!
January 17th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
The social group link can still show up in the subforum list, just like a subforum. They're also easier to create, too...anyone can set them up. This is what my PR did, and a lot of the other PRs...also May 13 DDC, as an example. Just my ...again, whatever you decide is fine with me!
I think that's what my last DDC (June 2011) did, and it worked well.
January 17th, 2013, 09:59 AM
alyssabeth2685's Avatar Veteran
Wow that sounds like a great setup. It is nice there is no drama. Not that I would get involved in posts that have them but just to not even have grumpy people on there like that is awesome.
January 17th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Looks great. Thank you for setting this up!
January 17th, 2013, 10:52 AM
lucyinthesky
Great!
January 17th, 2013, 11:00 AM
~Isela~
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post

ETA: My only thought (...and whatever is done is fine, I'm just sharing this because I know what a burden it can be to maintain those private subforum passwords) is that a private social group is easier to maintain, because there is no password, no risk of hacking the password, etc. Only people who are members of it can see the posts (kind of like FB secret groups), and the list of members is maintained by group administrators. If someone is not meeting the requirements, the group leaders just remove them--no need to change the password. With the password-protected subforums, if you want to keep someone out because they either no longer meet the requirements, or you find out they shared the password, or figure out they are not for real or whatever...you have to change the password every time that happens. It can be a lot of work. The social group link can still show up in the subforum list, just like a subforum. They're also easier to create, too...anyone can set them up. This is what my PR did, and a lot of the other PRs...also May 13 DDC, as an example. Just my ...again, whatever you decide is fine with me!
Not everybody has a Facebook so that might cause a problem if the private forum was setup this way.

January 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh...to clarify, it's a JM social group...not a Facebook group at all. It's all still within JM. It's just similar to a FB private group in that it's private...no one else can see what's posted in it besides members, AND it doesn't require a password. The security is based on being a member of the group. Sorry for the confusion!

JustMommies Message Boards - Social Groups -- these can be set up as private or not private.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Last edited by ThaiSpice; January 17th, 2013 at 11:16 AM.
January 17th, 2013, 11:41 AM
~Isela~
Oh okay then sounds good!

January 17th, 2013, 12:11 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Just my opinion, but I like the idea of a social group better than the password-protected sub-forum, particularly when we're all going to have new mommy brain, and the passwords may slip our minds.

January 17th, 2013, 03:25 PM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
I believe you go to Search This Forum at the top of the April DDC and search by username.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search