What are you looking forward to the most?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2013, 08:44 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aside from the actual baby & motherhood and all that...

Is there anything that you're REALLY looking forward to doing/eating/drinking/etc. after the baby is born? Something you've given up or aren't allowed to have while pregnant that you're really craving? Getting back into shape? Being able to sleep in a certain position?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

January 17th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Sleeping without waking up in pain would be pretty high on my list. I've also been craving a glass of wine lately, just one is all I want. Oh an bleu cheese, I've craved it all pregnancy and its in a bunch of recipes I make but I can't find any that is pasteurized so I haven't touched it!

January 17th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a beer drinker and I LOVE football. I totally miss having a beer with my football game especially play off football
~AmazedByYou~ and linds2012 like this.

January 17th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I look forward to being to eat whatever I want again. I don't mean eat too much, I just mean when all the food that usually sounds good, sounds good again. My morning sickness is mostly gone, but I still have trouble figuring out what sounds good to eat. I remember after DS was born that I was amazed that about an hour later, food sounded good again! It was so exciting.
jen747 and Cortney6983 like this.
January 17th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Super Mommy
I am realllllly looking fwd to not peeing 24/7! However, if I had to pick something selfish and shallow I would hands down say a glass of Red Wine!!! I love my wine and I will admit that I already have my bottle of wine in my hospital bag...lol.
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.
January 17th, 2013, 09:11 AM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
I can't wait to sleep on my stomach that's the biggest thing I'm looking forward too! I also am excited to have a beer...I'm not a huge drinker but I do like to have a few Bud Lights when I'm out! I also haven't eaten lunch meat since I found out I was pregnant and I crave a turkey and provolone cheese sandwhich like you wouldn't believe! I will mention that I will miss feeling baby kick and using my belly as a table!

Thank you to PrincessMom08 for my cute siggy!

January 17th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sleeping on my stomach!!! And being woken up from Charlotte not my bladder
Sneetch likes this.
January 17th, 2013, 09:24 AM
~Isela~
Sleeping on my stomach and enjoying a nice glass of moscato!
alyssabeth2685 likes this.

January 17th, 2013, 09:32 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't restricted anything I eat so nothing I crave really lol, well if I do I just go and get it. But I am looking forward to having more energy and the hormones to level out. I'm sure the kids are wondering if the normal me will ever be back.
January 17th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Veteran
I just crave/dream about going back to pre-natal Yamilka. I could eat all I wanted (medium rare steaks), I could sleep without having to go potty a bazillion times at night, no shortness of breath, no IV's, no Zofran pump. I just want Emilia Natalia healthy and fully "cooked" but OUT!
KrissyS likes this.
January 17th, 2013, 10:29 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Related to the shallow bf-ing post, I am so looking forward to slimming down again from nursing. I was super skinny a few months after having my son from all the nursing- smallest in YEARS! I'm really hoping to get tiny again and maybe actually keep it off this time.

2 glasses of wine in a row or a martini/margarita will be AWESOME. Too bad that whole nursing thing kind of gets in the way of it still.

January 17th, 2013, 10:31 AM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
I don't normally drink but I've wanted a girly fruity frozen cocktail REEEEEAL bad lately.

January 17th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineBean View Post
Related to the shallow bf-ing post, I am so looking forward to slimming down again from nursing. I was super skinny a few months after having my son from all the nursing- smallest in YEARS! I'm really hoping to get tiny again and maybe actually keep it off this time.
Jealous.
MaineBean likes this.
January 17th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I miss sleeping on my back and I am so excited to do that again.

I also really miss more strenuous exercise. I am down to just walking and some basic yoga now and I am going to start some water aerobics. But I miss hopping on the elliptical or going for a jog.

I haven't restricted my food at all because I normally don't eat or drink anything on the list of foods to avoid.
January 17th, 2013, 10:40 AM
alyssabeth2685's Avatar Veteran
How about just everything! Being back to a normal person. Not a freakishly hormonal crying mess, a cranky, tired, uncomfortable lump that cant shave their legs or bend down. You all know how hard it is to pick up constantly after kids but doing it pregnant is just a joke. I need one of those picker upper sticks with the handle just to grab things.
I do miss drinking... not that I did much but I think I took it for granted that I could when I wanted to. I want to not feel like barfing all the time and get my own tastebuds back because I liked them! I haven't been able to even look at a steak since being pregnant and I miss them!
I love being pregnant for the most part after getting over being so sick all the time and really am taking in everything about this pregnancy because it will be my last but it feels so much harder than the last two kids. I'm not even that old and it's taking a bigger toll on me that last time!
January 17th, 2013, 11:14 AM
lucyinthesky
I can't wait to have a glass of wine or a nice beer.. and maybe some sushi! And also not peeing every 5 minutes, that'd be great. The constant need to pee is very very annoying
January 17th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hear your homones are atu crazy when you nurce mommys is this true?
January 17th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Veteran
Sushi, wine and running. I am having serious withdrawals from all three.

January 17th, 2013, 11:52 AM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
1) sleeping without a TON of pillows! I have myself so supported that sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and can't find DF...

2) BOOZE-- actually its not even the booze, but I am the first of my close friends to have a baby, and I am feeling really left out of social nights since I can't drink and get tired so easily. Even if I dont have more time, I look forward to actually being able to go out for a drink

3) Turkey sandwich with avocado and goat cheese!!!!

January 17th, 2013, 12:00 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjawb View Post
I have myself so supported that sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and can't find DF...

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search