Weekend!

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2013, 09:07 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's everyone got going on this weekend?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

January 18th, 2013, 09:10 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Okay, I know I've been saying this for weeks, but I REALLY need to get our tree down this weekend. I always tell about the year that I left the tree up till after my birthday, and since that's on Monday, I figure that I don't want to be telling about that happening in 2 different years.

Also, my mom "assigned" me a task of having the older girls get their rooms clean so that we can get Katie ready to move out of our room into one of her sisters'. I KNOW it needs done, but she's my baby. But yeah, I do need to get on that because I don't want her associating it with the baby. Plus, we still need to get her a toddler bed.

January 18th, 2013, 09:21 AM
alyssabeth2685's Avatar Veteran
I get a three day weekend! So maybe some more sewing and put up the window coverings I bought a year ago...
January 18th, 2013, 09:22 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
We have three whole nights without the boys!! Tonight my mom is keeping them overnight (she does that every couple of weeks since the boys and I moved out of her house). And then Saturday and Sunday they will stay with their dad since DS1 doesn't have school on Monday.
So tonight SO and I will probably do a lot of nothing, haha. RELAX. Tomorrow DS2 has a basketball game at 10am and then DS1 has a game at 1pm. After that they will head home with their dad and SO and I will have to find some way of spending out time for the next day and a half. I am suggesting lots of pajama and cuddle time with the HOPES of having a night out for dinner maybe?? We'll see if that happens. Most likely, we'll spend a lot of time at home doing a whole lot of nothing. Maybe go pick up the crib from my dad's storage barn so I can start getting that put together. Who knows.
But as much as I will miss my little boogers, I am happy for a couple of days with SO and I alone also.

January 18th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Ill be doing stuff around the house. I want to get the molding painted in the nursery so DH and I can paint the walls on Monday. I also want to paint the new doors we hung on all the bedrooms as they are that unfinished wood still.

January 18th, 2013, 09:32 AM
DH's parents are coming to visit this weekend. They'll be here tomorrow through Tuesday morning. I have to work the holiday on Monday. Really, I have no idea what our plans our...just entertain & hang out, I guess.

Christine...I'm with you on the tree. Actually, I got down all of the living room and kitchen stuff (except for the actual tree...I took down ornaments and lights, but it's DH's job to take down the tree, and he hasn't done it yet). There is still a fully decorated tree in the playroom, though, that I need to un-decorate. And all the boxes of stuff are in the living room. DH said he "might" work on it today. Oh, and the outside lights are still up. Also DH's job.

January 18th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Veteran
Weekend of running here and there as always - basketball game, basketball pictures, softball pictures, softball practice, confirmation class, and so on. Also DD turns 14 on Sunday so she is probably having a friend stay over. Long weekend with no school Monday so extra day with the kids.

We got our main tree down last weekend but still have our little tree up in our front window. DD put it up and I was hoping she would take it down, but I can see that is not happening.....

January 18th, 2013, 10:52 AM
lucyinthesky
I have an appointment in the morning and I have an early shift on Sunday. Other than that no real plans, we'll just go with the flow I suppose. All the baby stuff I ordered arrived this week, and it's all thrown in the nursery waiting to be assembled. But firstly we must paint the nursery.. and I don't see us getting around to it this weekend
January 18th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We still need to take our tree down, too! And I still have all the other decorations up, too. But I'm getting very tired of them now, so it really must be time.

DS and I are going to go visit my family this weekend. My brother just moved back home and his oldest and my oldest are only 6 days apart and they're best little buddies, so we are going up there so the cousins can play for a few days.
January 18th, 2013, 11:22 AM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
Lets see much i had planned on doing like getting the decor down but i guess i am taking it easy and doing as little as possible.

January 18th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have my 2 hour glucose test tomorrow morning and I am sort of dreading that. I know that the 2 hour test is more accurate and I appreciate that my midwife makes everyone do that now, but I am still not looking forward to it. Mostly I don't want to get stabbed for blood 3 times. Suddenly the 1 hour glucose test seems like a good deal.

After that I think we are going to hang out and maybe clear out the living room some. Our tree is down but everything is in boxes in our living room. I am not sure why they have stayed parked there except that I can't physically move them and my DH hasn't gotten around to it yet.

Then Sunday is lots of football.
January 18th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My parents have the kids tonight so hubby and I are having date night : ) Tomorrow I'll get some cleaning/organizing done and Sunday is playoff football WOOT WOOT!! Monday back to cleaning/organizing. I'm trying to get this place in order for my daughters birthday party

January 18th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A whole lot of nothing. As of 2pm today I am on bed rest. I was getting out of the shower and felt a trickle down my legs. I sat down on the potty to discover bright red blood out of nowhere! Called Dr office and went to l&d to be checked out. They monitored baby for a while and because he showed no signs of distress they let me come home. The location of my placenta was closely monitored until 21 weeks when ultrasound showed that we were in the clear with no previa, so I'm sure letting the oncall doc know this is another reason they let me go. If the bleeding picks up to a flow again I will be going back.

Mommy to 4 boys

Last edited by Mel_Kay; January 18th, 2013 at 02:28 PM. Reason: dumb auto correct
January 18th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
^ oh no good! T&Ps for no more bleeding. Rest up!
Mel_Kay likes this.

January 18th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel_Kay View Post
A whole lot of nothing. As of 2pm today I am on bed rest. I was getting out of the shower and felt a trickle down my legs. I sat down on the potty to discover bright red blood out of nowhere! Called Dr office and went to l&d to be checked out. They monitored baby for a while and because he showed no signs of distress they let me come home. The location of my placenta was closely monitored until 21 weeks when ultrasound showed that we were in the clear with no previa, so I'm sure letting the oncall doc know this is another reason they let me go. If the bleeding picks up to a flow again I will be going back.
Oh goodness! Glad the baby is ok...and hope the bleeding stops!
Mel_Kay likes this.

January 18th, 2013, 04:25 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel_Kay View Post
Oh no! How scary. Hope you rest & don't have any more scares.

I was looking forward to a 3 day weekend with Brooklyn, but I'm sick--sinuses, congested, sore throat. And I just threw up, so DH took Brooklyn to karate so I could lay down. I have to sit with my grandma all weekend, and my uncle died last night....so definately not going to be the weekend I was looking forward to.

January 18th, 2013, 04:57 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Mel, hope bed rest does the trick and that you don't have any more incidents. I know that would panic me.

January 18th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone! I had a major panick attack when this happened, even though I have experience bleeding in some form through all of my pregnancies, it has never been like this NOR this late in the pregnancy. Luckily I already had my next appointment scheduled for Monday, so hoping I find more out then.

Mommy to 4 boys
January 18th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Veteran
I am heading to the hospital in the morning for my Rhogam shot and glucose test..... oh joy!
#1- dd17
#2- ds14
#3- ds9
#4- ds8

#5- dd6
#6-ds 1

January 18th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh how scary Mel! I hope everything is OK

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search