Attachment parenting

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree29Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Veteran
We've done all these things, but like many of you other ladies, I would never label myself "AP". It's just listening to baby's needs and responding with what your heart, gut and mind tell you are right to do. I also second the baby-led weaning. Yes, we made our own organic purees, but we eat very healthfully too and offered Madeline what we were eating as well (with safety in mind of course). She's an amazing eater and always has been.

As far as positive discipline, we are very much "love and logic" parents. This philosophy is exactly what it sounds like... using love and logic to instill positive habits in your child and your home environment. I have used it as a teacher for 10 years, and it's amazing. So far so good with our LO too.

What is Love and Logic for Parents?

We've done all these things, but like many of you other ladies, I would never label myself "AP". It's just listening to baby's needs and responding with what your heart, gut and mind tell you are right to do. I also second the baby-led weaning. Yes, we made our own organic purees, but we eat very healthfully too and offered Madeline what we were eating as well (with safety in mind of course). She's an amazing eater and always has been.

As far as positive discipline, we are very much "love and logic" parents. This philosophy is exactly what it sounds like... using love and logic to instill positive habits in your child and your home environment. I have used it as a teacher for 10 years, and it's amazing. So far so good with our LO too.

What is Love and Logic for Parents?

January 19th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't really label myself as AP, but I definitely fit into it. We cloth diaper, co-sleep, EBF, babywear, gentle discipline, extended breastfeeding (is that what it's called or am I just getting that from extended rear-facing for car seats?), etc. I never made our own baby food because we never gave our girls any kind of baby food. They just started eating table food when they were ready. DD1 was 12 months and DD2 was about 7 months. We pretty much just follow our instincts when it comes to parenting.

January 19th, 2013, 07:06 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We also did baby led weaning...skipped cereals altogether. She didn't have any solids before 6 months. I started giving her steamed veggies to experiment with around 6 or 7 months, but she really was not interested. She started eating things like toddler snacks (mum mums, crunchies, puffs, etc) around maybe 9 or 10 months, and didn't really eat many solids until around 12 months.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

January 19th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Veteran
We totally do whatever works around here and are a good mix of everything. I EBF, cloth diaper when they are infants, babywear, DS is still rear facing at almost 2 years old and I made a lot of my own baby food. DS also slept in his own crib right away, we did CIO (when he was old enough), loved baby cereal (though it was like his 3rd or 4th food not his first), wears disposable diapers now, occasionally gets a spanking, and honestly loved to be sitting in a seat and NOT worn when he was tiny etc. We've learned what works as we went along and that's what we do. I also know that widget could be entirely different in any and all ways

January 19th, 2013, 08:56 AM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my last kiddos and with this one I will most likely be somewhere in the middle. Not fully crunchy AP but definitely not traditional or the way I was raised either. We use cloth, I plan to bf, baby wear, we will co sleep & side car, we do our own baby food, ect. Its definitely not all organic though. I would really like to get more organic stuff but in our area its really hard unless your willing/able to spend 3x as much -- its easier in the summer though.

For discipline its gotten a little harder as the kids have gotten older but we try and reinforce positive discipline or give them choices on things they can do. My almost 3 year old likes to throw things and kick things, ect so instead of saying no you can't throw that we say can you go throw that ball down the steps super fast and make a game out of it, or lets get your hockey stick and whack it which is hillarious. If they want to scream and run and just play and be kids giving them a spot to do that helps a ton. Of course we have our days were we want to say ENOUGH and pull out our hair but something must work because we get comments from family all the time that our kids are so well behaved and wondering our secret. Funny enough a lot of the comments come from people who had their hand in raising us in the paddle if you step out of line time era.

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

January 19th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Super Mommy
I seem to be out of the norm for the ladies in this DDC. I will not be doing AP. I plan on BF for about 1 yr and we will have a carrier to make our lives easier when going places. I do not plan on co-sleeping, clothe diapering, of making my own baby food. We will concentrate on praise, but I will use discipline when I feel it is necessary.
Mel_Kay and ThaiSpice like this.
January 19th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm with you utexas10!

Mommy to 4 boys
January 19th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
I'm somewhat of a crunchy mom... ebf(would still be nursing Mia past a year but she chose to end it, more than likely due to my pregnancy), cloth diaper, delay/selective vax, co-sleep, baby led weaning, extended rear facing, baby wearing.

I never thought id be as crunchy of a mom as i am but by following my gut, I've been lead here
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
January 19th, 2013, 04:14 PM
alyssabeth2685's Avatar Veteran
Just a little something for any first time moms. The bottom line is not any one thing or plan works for all babies. You can totally have this idea of how its all gonna go down, but in the end it doesn't. Definitely roll with the punches. And most of all I think its important to not get discouraged or feel guilty if it doesnt work out. Be proud of yourself no matter how you parent or raise your children.
CrunchyMommaTo2 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search