Anyone Ready?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2013, 03:21 PM
alyssabeth2685's Avatar Veteran
I dont know if anyone already posted this, so sorry if its a repeat.

WHO IS READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!

Just kidding are any of you ladies prepared for your little ones arrival? Hospital bag packed? All of the supplies you need?
January 28th, 2013, 03:24 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Psh, nowhere even close. Room totally not set up, no clothes pulled out, no bags packed, names not decided. I'm counting on AT LEAST another 10 weeks to get there. Hopefully closer to 12!

January 28th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Carnia's Avatar Regular
I plan on packing in a week or two. I have most all of the supplies I need except a crib. We had hoped my daughter would want to give up her crib for a "big girl" toddler bed but she isn't the slightest bit interested. So instead of getting her old crib, we'll likely have to purchase one. We do have a bassinet though in case we need to wait before getting the crib. Maybe the DD will decide big girl beds are cool before the baby is born?

January 28th, 2013, 03:35 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
Not yet but working on it. Nursery is almost done besides the changing table. Haven't had my shower yet but we we could survive with what we have right now if we had to.
We have everything we need for the home birth, all the supplies came today!

Last edited by MapleGranola; January 28th, 2013 at 04:11 PM.
January 28th, 2013, 03:41 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 100% in the zone.. bag is packed, nursery is done, supplies are purchased, classes are finished.. I'm ready for when my booboops is ready to arrive!! That's the control freak in me.. I don't like to be surprised unprepared. *lol*

My shower isn't until 2/23 but I have all the essentials. The stuff on my registry is just filler stuff.
Capeladybug likes this.
January 28th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
YEah... ummm... not even close. Not even started.
HalfDozen and alyssabeth2685 like this.
January 28th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
oh and i want my closet my brother is making us in our room to be finished so i can get things all set up!

Last edited by Cortney6983; January 28th, 2013 at 04:08 PM.
January 28th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRK View Post
I'm 100% in the zone.. bag is packed, nursery is done, supplies are purchased, classes are finished.. I'm ready for when my booboops is ready to arrive!! That's the control freak in me.. I don't like to be surprised unprepared. *lol*

My shower isn't until 2/23 but I have all the essentials. The stuff on my registry is just filler stuff.
our baby showers are the same day! how awesome!

January 28th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have cloth diapers but they aren't prepped, washed etc. I just this weekend bought a dresser then I went through all the baby clothes and sorted, washed, dried, folded and put away everything through 6 months. I got the cosleeper out and it is upstairs but I won't set it up for awhile. I have finally decided what carseat I want and I have a trade in so I'll do it before that trade in sale ends Feb 10th. I still will need to buy stuff for ME postpardum. I had a list somewhere and there are a couple things I still want to pick up but I am getting closer

January 28th, 2013, 04:10 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortney6983 View Post
our baby showers are the same day! how awesome!
NICE!!! When I am partying I will think of you partying it up on your end of the world!
Cortney6983 likes this.
January 28th, 2013, 05:22 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, I really haven't started. I just ordered some replacement parts for my pump & bfing supplies, and probably going carseat shopping this weekend. Hopefully then I'll start getting my act together.

January 28th, 2013, 05:35 PM
JenLee's Avatar Veteran
um...no, not even close. I generally wait until about 34 weeks to really get everything ready, including my hospital bag. My baby shower is not until 3/2, so I figured I would just wait until then. I do, however, have all of my big items. I luckily saved them after my ds was born, and they are neutral, so I can use everything that I have.
alyssabeth2685 likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 05:36 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen747 View Post
No, I really haven't started. I just ordered some replacement parts for my pump & bfing supplies, and probably going carseat shopping this weekend. Hopefully then I'll start getting my act together.
Where did you order your pump supplies?

I'm not really ready. I did start working on sorting out clothes, though. Need to get some gear out of the attic, buy a carseat, get replacement parts for the pump, get the rooms situated...I'm sure there's more. I probably won't pack until I'm in labor, but I do plan to have lists ready for DH.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

January 28th, 2013, 05:54 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
Ready? Prepared?

...I do not know these words. Please explain.
Sneetch and HalfDozen like this.

January 28th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have my bag but not packed I plan monday or so getting some basic stuff in it maybe throw some pj and undies just basic stuff in it I won't put cloths in until after i go off work then ill pack more
January 28th, 2013, 06:41 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
Where did you order your pump supplies?

I have the original Medela Pump in Style. Bought it right before they released the Pump in Style Advanced back in 2006, so the tubing is harder to find. I almost ordered from Amazon until I realized they were all knockoffs, not Medela brand. And of course that tubing is currently unavailable from Medela's online store, but I found a store online called The Nurture Center that sells the real Medela tubing.
https://www.nurturecenter.com/

I got all new parts, plus lanolin, a bunch of freezer storage bottles & bags, and a nursing bra that hopefully will fit...all for about $100 & free shipping!
ThaiSpice likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 06:42 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
Yesterday I hung up a bunch of clothes in the closet, but most of them are 6-12 months, so thats not really helpful, and other than that, it doesn't even look like a baby is on its way in our appt. I am having the hardest time getting DF to do any prep, and I can't do any more without him... Im on the verge of being a really pissy pregnant lady and re arranging the apartment while he is at work and he will just have to deal!

January 28th, 2013, 06:47 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Ready for......?????

Being prepared is overrated.

January 28th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRK View Post

OCDers Unite!!!! I am right there with you girl. My bag is 100% packed, her nursery is about 85 % done, the last 15% is just fluff. Her cloths are washed, hung and sized in her closet. As soon as she is strong and ready so am I!
MsRK likes this.
January 28th, 2013, 07:59 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have lots of stuff for baby.. But no nursery.

I can't wait until its ready so I can set everything up!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search