who else

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By CrochetingMama
  • 2 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By rverrone11

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
is formula feeding? I feel like I may be the only one here that is. Unfortunately I tried bf before and it just didn't work out...so this time I'm avoiding all the stress and disappointment and ff right away. Please tell me I'm not the only one.
January 29th, 2013, 06:36 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Me! Me! Me! I plan on BFing as much as possible for the first two weeks to give the kid the colostrum but after that...formula feeding almost exclusively.
Tamimomof5 likes this.

January 29th, 2013, 07:07 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm quite sure you are not alone! Some people may just not be talking about it much.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

January 29th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Veteran
Me! I tried bfing my first, and it did not go well. Always had issues and it really got me down, so much that I didn't even try with my 2nd. Flash forward to the almost 12 years inbetween those children and this baby and I have all sorts of breast issues and find out that I have a breast condition that my surgeon says would have made bfing something I just can't do. Answered a lot of questions why I had so much trouble! So no bfing for me.

January 29th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Super Mommy
I am going to be FF too! I will try to pump if I can (I would like to do both, bottle feed and breast feed) But considering I had trouble BF before and got totally STRESSED out, I will mainly FF.
January 29th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I doubt you are alone!

January 29th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know people get grief for not doing It but who cares as long as the baby is fed and loved who cares if its breast or bottle
January 29th, 2013, 10:41 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be doing as much BFing as possible, but last time I supplemented with formula and will happily do the same again should the need arise.

January 29th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I breast fed Will for about a month, and it was a friggin nightmare. Oh dear god, the pain. I had to start supplementing with formula, and within another month or two, it was exclusively formula. I am going to try BF again this time, but I expect the same thing to happen. And no, you are not alone. I think a lot of people just don't talk about it because they are afraid of being judged. I say who cares, it's your baby and you will do what's best.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
January 29th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Mommy :)
I ff both of my girls after 2 weeks of bf because I was too stressed with it and trying to get it to work. I didn't have much support either.

With this one I'm going to try my hardest to strictly bf and pump (I also have more support to help me this time) but if not I will ff.

My oldest had to be on the lipil ar and the youngest on soy so we will see how it all goes.

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)
January 29th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Veteran
You are not alone. I also plan to strictly formula feed.
January 29th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had troubles BF all three of my boys. I did however last a little longer with one, and am hoping to get it down this time around! So, all three of my boys were breastfed in the beginning and then strictly formula fed. I just like to try with all my babies because they are each different. I've also purchased a better pump this time around and am hoping to extend giving baby breast milk with a pump if necessary. My mom works for an OBGYN office and they have loads of cans of formula that they do not give out, so mom has been stock piling those for me as well.

Mommy to 4 boys
January 29th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Veteran
I'm going to start with breastfeeding, but I know I will not be able to bf long. I have to have surgery 2-4 weeks after I deliver and then after that I will be on medicine for my kidney stones and you can't bf while on that medicine. I know that I have to be on the medicine and I know that formula will not hurt my baby. You are not alone, people are just afraid to say that's what they plan on doing anymore because there are some people who will put you down for not bf. I had a horrible time with mastitis when I bf my daughter and it took about a week of crying and feeling guilty before I finally started ff her. We were both much happier once I did that. I say do whatever your are comfortable with!

January 29th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AniLand View Post
I breast fed Will for about a month, and it was a friggin nightmare. Oh dear god, the pain. I had to start supplementing with formula, and within another month or two, it was exclusively formula. I am going to try BF again this time, but I expect the same thing to happen. And no, you are not alone. I think a lot of people just don't talk about it because they are afraid of being judged. I say who cares, it's your baby and you will do what's best.
I just wanted to say that breastfeeding shouldn't hurt. I know it can because it was beyond painful with my first daughter. I just thought that was how it was supposed to be. I had bleeding, cracked nipples, and it was so painful every time she latched on. It was even painful to have anything touch my nipples. It turns out we both had thrush. Once we got it taken care of (around 4 months), it was so easy. I had absolutely no pain breastfeeding my second daughter.

If you do want to breastfeed and end up having problems, contact a lactation consultant.

I think it's up to every mom what they want to feed their baby.
Kennydra likes this.

January 30th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am not sure what I will do. I struggle with this all the time. I really want to nurse. I've had 3 kids already. My first I will admit I was 18 and didn't try that hard. My 2nd and third I tried my butt off. It hurt like hell with the 2nd. I bled and cried while he tried to ate. I could never get a good latch. I grew so large and the engorgement pretty much made my nipples flat (TMI..sorry). My third was a preemie, and they insisted on him having bottles due to his size, but he had extremely hard time latching on, so I pumped for several months. I know that I can't go through the pumping for several months again. Not with 2 little ones. (My oldest is almost 16, youngest are 2 and 4). I really want to try, but battle with the lack of success I had. Part of me wants to just do the easiest thing for me which will definitely be formula feeding (my others are super healthy and fine), but then some part of me always feels guilty. Maybe thats why I set myself up for failure... I don't know what to do!! I'm glad you posted this!
January 30th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
I just wanted to say that breastfeeding shouldn't hurt. I know it can because it was beyond painful with my first daughter. I just thought that was how it was supposed to be. I had bleeding, cracked nipples, and it was so painful every time she latched on. It was even painful to have anything touch my nipples. It turns out we both had thrush. Once we got it taken care of (around 4 months), it was so easy. I had absolutely no pain breastfeeding my second daughter.

If you do want to breastfeed and end up having problems, contact a lactation consultant.

I think it's up to every mom what they want to feed their baby.
I had a similar experience with my first son. It ended up that he had a bad tongue tie. A simple snip of it when he was a newborn would have made all the difference, but I didn't even really realize it was an issue until he started having some speech issues later on. My second DS had no issues with BF and it wasn't painful at all, it was such a relief!

I agree it's a personal decision for every mom, but if you do want to BF it doesn't have to be painful!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search