Lazy Baby

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By utexas10

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Regular
My baby is either super lazy, has a ball all night while I sleep through it, or sits somewhere in the back where I cant feel her kicking around. I feel her a couple times a day and that's it. Some days more then others but its not unusual for me to feel a few kicks in the morning before I roll out of bed and then go all day with nothing then feel a few as Im drifting off to sleep. Sometimes I think wow Im lucky Im not having any painful kicks. Other days I am so sad I don't get to feel her a lot and then of course there's the days I get nervous and have to force myself to breath and relax before I stress myself in to a nervous breakdown (**** hormones)
January 29th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This baby is a lot more mellow than my previous pregnancy. I am not too worried about it because I had a feeling that my last baby was unusually active. I also have an anterior placenta this time so that might play into it too.
January 29th, 2013, 10:22 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think there are at least a few reasons why you might not be feeling as much, such as an anterior placenta, a calm baby, the baby's position, etc. Also, I don't think it's uncommon to notice movement more when laying down in the morning/evening than when up moving around...it may just be that you don't notice it as much when you're up and active. And then, too, like you said, baby may be moving around all night long and sleeping more during the day.

If I were concerned, I'd try laying down and then counting movements...I forget how many they say you should be able to count in a certain time period...but I'd start there. And if nothing, still, it never hurts to go in and be checked.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

January 29th, 2013, 11:11 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I think it's usually 10 in a 1-hour period. If 1 hour passes, and you haven't felt them, they usually tell you to drink some orange juice to try to get the baby moving. You may also have an anterior placenta, which pads the movements some. You might not even know you have it. I wouldn't have, if I hadn't seen my ultrasound report.

January 29th, 2013, 05:38 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My boy kicks mostly at night and in the morning. Sometimes I barely feel him during the day. He does wake me up at night, so that's how I know. You probably just don't get woken up by the kicks. Along with all the other responses... Your bebe is just fine, no worries!
January 29th, 2013, 05:55 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a lazy baby too!! I can not even imagine baby moving 10 times a day, let alone an hour!! I always make sure I feel baby at least once in the morning and once at night and in between I worry like crazy! DS was not an active baby either. It must feel so weird to have all those crazy movements. I don't usually even feels kicks, more like flutters. I wish I felt more, but I think this must be what is normal for me.
January 29th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My Dr just talked to me about this yesterday. She said that some babies are just lazy and don't move much. All my babies have been extremely active, in fact, when I went into l&d after my bleeding scare, the nurse said "This baby might have just knocked something loose in there" because he was thumping around the entire time they were trying to monitor his heart beat.

Mommy to 4 boys
January 29th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Super Mommy
I only feel mine a few times a day. I talked to the doctor last time because I don't do kick counts. I told her if I did I would be calling her daily. I said that if I ever get worried I use the home Doppler to make sure there is a heart beat. She told me that was fine and she never did kick counts whileregnant. You just want to watch for changes in movement. She also said that no feeling the baby is normal with an anterior placenta.
plastikmom likes this.
January 30th, 2013, 05:15 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
I talked to the doctor last time because I don't do kick counts. I told her if I did I would be calling her daily.
Exactly this. I did kick counts with DS. After 3 NSTs for lack of movement (which all showed baby was perfectly fine), my OB told me to stop. I won't do kick counts this time either. I either have lazy babies or an insensitive uterus.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search