My Turn At L&D

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 03:15 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not how I wanted to start the 28th week. Long story short: My heart rate was going thru the roof when I woke up and after spending most of the day being monitored, havi an ultrasound of the heart and an EKG they cannot find a reason for it. They are guessing SVT Supraventricular tachycardia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) So I was sent home with a monitor and told to write down any symptoms I have for 24 hours, then a bunch of follow ups.

Long story long (lol): I woke up around 8:30 and immediately felt like my heart was pounding out of my chest. I've had this feeling before but only ever lasting 10-20 seconds and the never were really concerned. Well at the 3 minute mark I asked DH to come home, I didn't know what else to do. After 10 minutes it finally stopped pounding so hard but was still fast. S we called and headed up to my OB, they checked my heart rate and I was at 175. :/ They said its def high but not to dangerous yet. So they sent me to L&D to be 'rapidly hydrated', what joy.

While up there they did an EKG which measured me at 104 and normal. I had a bag of fluids pushed and just as I was almost done with the bag I went back up to 165. S they called for an ultrasound for my heart to make sure it was pumping well, everything was fine there. Heart rate went back down to 104 while I ate some lunch and waited for the Dr. Then as we are waiting for them to bring me a monitor to take home it goes back to 165. Go figure.

So they sent me home all hooked up and want me to write down each time I have a symptom. So far its only happened twice (in the two hours I've been home). But I have a feeling its going to be a long night... They did give me some meds that are 'safe' during pregnancy but Im still doing my own research before I take them. Yuck, just yuck. Happy 28 weeks to me.

January 29th, 2013, 03:20 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man...glad you're getting it checked out, and hope it all turns out OK! Quite a scare, I'm sure!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

January 29th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Sorry to hear about your day in L&D ... but glad it didn't seem to be anything serious! I have a friend of mine who had to be hooked up for 24 hours and write down her symptoms ... ended up being really nothing and she hasn't had any issues since. They blamed it on stress ... ha!

Just keep an eye on it, write down any symptoms you have relating to your heart. Def research the meds and call your OB too as they probably have better knowledge than the ER docs.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

January 29th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh No I hope it is nothing and you are feeling back to normal soon.

January 29th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No fun! I can only imagine how unnerving that is. I hope it stops soon!
January 29th, 2013, 03:25 PM
I hope it's nothing too. They just wondered why there is no pattern. I was working with a cardiologist and my OB when the prescribed the meds, but Im not a big medicine taker lol so I always look it up before I decide to take it. They did give me some other things to try and 'come out' of the 'spell' and only take the med if it last longer than 10 minutes again. :/

January 29th, 2013, 03:36 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you feel better and it turns out to be no big deal, how scary
January 29th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I share your pain sounds like my life crazy heart beating but no problems or answers its frustrating isn't it?!??? I hope using the. Halter moniter gives them a idea. Just rember to breath when it races try to get relaxed as u can and just be as calm as u can but I know how scary it is and even more so w baby 28 weeks don't like either of us much! Fell free to pm me anytime
January 29th, 2013, 06:07 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
Im glad they are monitoring you!!! and that you went in when you were worried! My heard has raced a few times, and it is definitely a scary feeling!

January 29th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How scary! I hope that you don't have any more symptoms tonight. I am thinking about you!
January 29th, 2013, 07:34 PM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad you are back I was worried about you! Try to rest as best as possible. You and your baby are in my thoughts. I hope all turns out ok and just adds up to a scare only!

January 30th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks ladies. Today has been much better, only two spikes that I could feel. I turned my monitor in at 3:30 and go in for the review tomorrow at 1 and maybe get some answers. :/

January 30th, 2013, 01:39 PM
lucyinthesky
Glad today has been better, that sounds really scary. Hopefully tomorrow goes well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search