Is a baby bath worth it?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2013, 06:22 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas10 View Post
Sorry. Ftm here. How does co bathing work? I here stories of baby peeing or pooing in the tub. Does that happen with you in there?
LOL! I was never pooped on in the tub. I don't know about pee...possibly. But when I say co-bathe, I mean we both got in the tub, I washed her off, and we got out. We didn't hang out in there for long, so there wasn't much time for pooping. When she got older, we might play for a bit, and then when she was even older, I stopped bathing with her. Now I just sit beside the tub while she bathes.

I did all my actual washing, shaving, etc in the mornings by myself. Her baths were at night, usually every other night. I kept her bouncy seat right by the tub, and I'd keep a towel on it. When we were ready to get out, I'd put her in the bouncy seat, wrap her up, then I'd stand up and get out. I never tried getting out while holding her. And again, when she was a newborn, I gave her baths in the bathroom sink.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

February 1st, 2013, 06:48 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
so i decided instead of a baby tub I am going to get one of those bath seats the baby just lays in it's cheaper and to me it seems more convenient for now plus it looks like it will take up less space, i can co bathe and have baby in the seat and still be comfortable so she doesnt slip either!

February 1st, 2013, 09:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas10 View Post
Sorry. Ftm here. How does co bathing work? I here stories of baby peeing or pooing in the tub. Does that happen with you in there?
I'm sure my girls peed in the tub when I was in there with them. My girls only pooped a couple times in the tub, and not until they were older.

February 5th, 2013, 11:34 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
We have always had a baby tub, usually with a sling, and we just put that right into our regular tub. We used the sling at first, but it also had a sponge that sat in the bottom. So, once they were old enough to sit up, we'd put the sponge in the bottom of the baby tub. Then, a little later, we put just the sponge in the big bathtub. Now (at just under 1 1/2) we don't use the sponge or baby tub. I threw my baby tub out after we were done with Katie using it. Kind of stupid, but I didn't know we'd be having another one so soon, and at least they're not super expensive so I'm not too concerned.

For co-bathing, my hubby never really did it. But I would bring the girls in the shower with me, get them all cleaned up, and then hand them off to him to dry off and get ready while I finished in the shower. They DO get slippery, but I certainly couldn't have gotten myself all cleaned up while trying to do them. It also depended on how much time we had for certain tasks if it was co-bathing or using the baby tub.

February 5th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Jaxon04NTaylor08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My oldest just did co baths but for my 2nd and 3rd we used the baby bath all the time. Ive bought the fisher price baths for both of them and im going to buy one this time too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search