Family names

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2013, 06:03 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Will your April little one have a first or middle name in honor/memory of or shared by a family member?

What about your other kids (if you have any)?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

February 1st, 2013, 06:06 PM
GraysMama's Avatar AKA marriedc
Grayson's middle name is Aaron, after my brother.

This boy will have the middle name Henry for u DH's husband.

When/if we have a girl, she'll have the middle name Leanne after DHs sister.

I like having middle names that are family orientated. My middle name is Anne and its not after anyone just a random name lol.

Siggy by Heather (Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* ) / View My Siggy Gallery // Request a Siggy

February 1st, 2013, 06:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughter is named after my maternal grandmother. My sons middle name is after my FIL. We don't have a name picked yet but we have talked about his middle name being after my dad and so long as the first name remotely "goes" and the initials don't spell something awful it will likely be middle name after my dad

February 1st, 2013, 06:40 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Baby boys middle name is my FILs name. Our second choice name would have been my grandfather's name as the first and DH's grandpa's as the middle.
If we had a girl her middle name would have been Sarah which is the name of at least one female per generation on DH's side as far back as we know which is a relative that came over on the Mayflower.

Last edited by Pretty Crispy; February 1st, 2013 at 06:42 PM.
February 1st, 2013, 06:46 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Yup! My Grandmother's name was Tess ... so we are going with Tessa.

I *think* my SO is going to go with his Grandmother's name as a middle name, Lillian, but he isn't 100% sold on it yet

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

February 1st, 2013, 06:56 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Grace's middle name is shared by several women in DH's family: his sister, his niece, his cousin, his aunt...possibly more. I love that. Also, Grace is my niece's middle name.

We still haven't picked a name yet for this one, but one of the front runners for first names is a variation of my middle name. We've also considered using DH's other sister's middle name as a middle name, but it's not our first choice at this point. None of the rest of the names we're considering are family names.

If we'd had a boy, we were considering sticking with the tradition in DH's family of a J. Michael name. But I don't know if we ever would have agreed on a J name (or any other boy name, for that matter).

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

February 1st, 2013, 07:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Deleted
KrissyS likes this.

Last edited by Sneetch; February 13th, 2013 at 09:38 PM.
February 1st, 2013, 07:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You bet my great grandma was amazing to me the most kind woman ever she died at 97 her name. Charlotte so naturally I'm nameing mine after her and her middle name is Rebecca that's my husbands moms name she died a mt after we got married from cancer
February 1st, 2013, 08:19 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes. Aaron's middle name will be Kade, and although not directly a family name, I am using Kade to resemble mine and my mother's middle name "Kay".

My oldest son is named Collin with 2(L's) after his Grandfather's middle name, which was his mother's maiden name "Collins".

My second son is named Nolan David, his middle name was my paternal Grandmother's maiden name.

Son #3 is Isaac Paul, with Paul being my husbands middle name.

So, yes, all my boys have a "family name" or "sorta-family name". Had this baby been a girl I would have given her my middle name.

Mommy to 4 boys
February 1st, 2013, 08:55 PM
Super Mommy
Yes, her first name is after my grandmother and great-aunt. Her middle name is MIL's name.
February 2nd, 2013, 05:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My boys all have part of a relatives name. First is named directly after DH, Second is named after DH's dad, third, Dh's brother for middle name and this one, my first girl, will be named after an elderly woman I took care of who died while I was pregnant with my first.
February 2nd, 2013, 05:32 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Trent's middle name is Michael, which is my Dad's name. If this baby is a girl, her middle name will be Marietta (Mary-etta, lots of people say it wrong ) which is my Mom's name. If baby is a boy, his middle name will be Joseph after DH.
February 2nd, 2013, 06:30 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mhmm. One of DD middle names is my sisters middle name. We haven't decided on a name for this baby but if its a girl it will probably have Lee, my moms middle name. And if we have a boy we are thinking either a DH Jr. Or James, my grandpa that passed always name.

February 2nd, 2013, 08:08 AM
Mommy :)
No. They have their own names.

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)
February 2nd, 2013, 03:45 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yup. #1 has my Dad's name, as well as his father's name for a middle name. This one will have my FIL's name as a middle name. But his first name will be his own.
February 2nd, 2013, 04:15 PM
Veteran
My son's middle name was my grandfather's first name and my father's middle name (Bradford). This baby if it's a girl will be named Josephine (my FIL is Joseph - we didn't choose it because of that but it works ) and her middle name will be Evelyn which was my great grandmother's middle name (I would have used her first name but my DH refused to use Gladys ). If this baby is a boy we haven't decided on a first name yet but it will have some sort of family name worked in at least as a middle name.

February 2nd, 2013, 05:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our naming convention is a family name and a unique name.

Dd is named after my mom. #2 will either be named after dh's mom or we will name her after both our grandmas who had the same name.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

February 2nd, 2013, 05:19 PM
Veteran
dd#1 Caroline Rebecca -Rebecca is my name
ds#1 Jack Mark- Mark is DH's name
ds#2 Harry David- David is my dad's name
ds#3 Thomas Andrew- Andrew is my oldest uncle (dads brother)
dd#2 Emily Scarlett- named after nobody, and I really wished we had called her Scarlett, but we were too chicken! LOL.

We still have no idea what we will call this one?!?!
#1- dd17
#2- ds14
#3- ds9
#4- ds8

#5- dd6
#6-ds 1

February 3rd, 2013, 05:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't name my kids after anyone but I do have a trend of putting my husband's middle name (Lee) somewhere in their names.
February 3rd, 2013, 08:21 AM
Veteran
yes, all my kids have a family middle name
ds1: Alexander Lynn (my dad's middle name
DD1: Morgan Marie (every girl in my family has that middle name)
dd2: Elizabeth Morgan (dd1 who is our angel baby born still at 26 weeks due to a car accident)
dd3: She will be Evelyn Kathlene (my mil name is katherine and my moms middle name is darelene, so we are using part of both names to name her after our moms.)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search