We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
So I have called my insurance company, spoke to SO & the only this left is to talk to my dr. I have decided that after baby girl is born I will be getting my tubes tied. I love all of my children & I do love being pregnant for the most part, but I am SO DONE with it!! I have always wanted three kids, two boys and a girl, and that is exactly what I am getting with this little princess.
I am hoping that the dr will agree to do the surgery while I am in the hospital having DD. The only concern I have is that a girlfriend of mine had her tubes tied at the same hospital, but they would only do it during the week. So the induced her so that she would deliver during the week and then the day after she had her son they did the surgery. I don't really want to be induced, but I also don't want to have to go BACK to the hospital for surgery & have a second recovery time after having the baby. So....I will be talking to my OB this Friday to see what he thinks.
I won't be having my tubes tied but my dh IS getting the big V. I informed him the other day that I will not be carrying another child, lol! He understands everything I have been through during my pregnancy's so he has no problem getting it done, it's just going to get it done!
Krystal mommy to Alexander-7, Elizabeth-3 and our baby Morgan born with Angel Wings 2-27-08
I'm not...we're not 100% sure we're done (although probably so), and when we are, we're going the vasectomy route.
Definitely discuss the options with your doctor. Some recommend waiting 6 weeks or so, as you are still immunocompromised after giving birth, and doing a tubal is major abdominal surgery (always a risk of infection anyway). There was a girl in my PR who had it done a few days after giving birth, and without going into scary details, it did not end well. Not to say that's always the case, but it's something to think about. The only way I'd do it right after birth is if I were having a c-section anyway.
Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share? Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!
I could never get it done. DH has agreed to have the V when we decide we are done with having kids. My mom had a tubal and has had more issues than ever since getting it done. I've heard so many horror stories about ridiculously painful menstrual cycles after and so many other problems. I won't chance that.
SO will be getting a vasectomy once his insurance kicks in. But I know that even if something happens between us in the future, I will not want anymore children with anyone else. I have talked to several people who have had their tubes tied & so far the only complaint is painful periods. But don't worry, I will be talking to my dr & doing research. Also, with 3 kids at home (one being a newborn) I don't want to have to go back into the hospital and have a week or more of recovery after having 6 weeks of recovery from just having the baby.
I will be discussing it this week with my dr to see what he thinks. Thanks for the input ladies
I will be having a tubal during my csection. We were planning on dh getting a vasectomy after ds #2 was born, and he kept giving every excuse in the book as to why he couldnt then. Although we are very excited about having a new baby, I am def. done with 3. We are high risk anyways due to a rather rare blood issue between dh and myself, so we dont want to risk anymore than we have. I am not depending on dh to get his taken care of, as I am pretty sure he will back out once again(he is scared), so I will have it taken care of during my delivery via csection.
Although a tubal is covered 100% through our insurance, hubby is getting a vasectomy. It was his decision, I'm not sure when he will do it, he needs to call our insurance company and see what it will cost and get the ball rolling. After 4 we are DONE! We thought we were done at #3 but when it came time to commit to the fact we were done I just couldn't do it. So, this time around I am sure!
We are seriously considering if I end up with a c/s. I want DH to get a V anyway, but I'm pretty darn sure that we are done with our 2. If this is one is a boy, I might waiver, even though I really don't htink I want to roll the dice for a third just in hopes of getting a girl.
I asked my OB about side effects from having the tubes tied, and she says that if anyone complains about rough periods afterwards, it's probably because they are preconditioned to have them any way and it was being tempered by birth control before so the people just weren't aware of how their "normal" periods were. No clue if that's just something docs say or if it's true. It's so hard to find research on it.
I should say that if I DON'T end up with a c/s, I would not have additional surgery to have them tied. It's too invasive for my taste.
As you can probably guess since we are having a child 11 years after our youngest and in our mid forties, we probably didn't take care of this when we should have. I always wanted 3 children tho so its fine with me having another. I will not be having any more but I really want DH to go in but I doubt he will go.
I would never have my tubes tied, i've heard to many bad stories. And my bf would probably never have a vasectomy. We have talked about it for when we are done (this is only our first, and we're not sure if and when we will have more) and he has given me some pretty valid reasons why he wouldn't, and I respect that.
Yep, 3 is a good number for us so if i have to have a c-sec i will have it done then or if i have a regular birth doc said he will do it the day after I have her. He told me i have to be 100% sure that we don't want anymore. Said the regret rate is the highest in the first 6 weeks. But we are 100% sure we are done after this.
(dh was done after 2 really LOL)
We don't exactly know what we are doing. My husband wanted a vasectomy after our 4th. We went to the consultation, and he even had the surgery scheduled, but he "didn't want to miss out on the opportunity to work" since he was in school full time and had chances to pick up tons of per diem shifts over Christmas break. I think he's chicken, but he'll never admit it.
The only way I would consider my tubes being tied is if I was already open for a c-section. Last time, we discussed it because there was a chance mine would end in c-section if they weren't successful with a version (it didn't matter because the little stinker flipped again on her own overnight). However, I deliver at a Catholic hospital so that means no tubal. It's not something I really want anyhow. They told me that they could schedule me an in-office appointment to do it 6 weeks after. Ummmm, no thanks.
I figure if I'm the one carrying the babies, if we're not going to have any more, then hubby should be the one to get snipped. I really just don't think he'll bite the bullet. And now, we have been joking with our girls about just having 6. Ehhhh, who knows???
Mommy to Jasmine (17), Kirsten (14), Ana (12), Katie (3), Xavier (1), and...