Gift idea for my mother....

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By MsRK
  • 2 Post By Purple_cat
  • 1 Post By Sneetch
  • 1 Post By *Anya*
  • 2 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 02:18 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
.. I'm trying to figure out a sentimental keepsake gift to buy for my mother. I want to surprise her with it at my shower. She has just been going above and beyond for me since the very first day she found out that I was pregnant.

During those really hard first months when I was beyond sick she called me every single day to check on me and came over a lot to bring me food or massage my back.. giving me advice no matter when I call.

Since I was tall I was having a HELL of a time finding maternity clothes so she made me maternity dresses, blouses and modded some of my tall pants with an elastic panel in front so that I could have maternity clothes. Now I'm a super cute pregnant lady because of her!

I mean she just has been the mom of my dreams for my pregnancy so I really want to give her something to express my appreciation for that.

I wanted to give her a locket with me and DH on one side and the baby when he is born on the other. But she doesn't wear necklaces.. so BLAH!!!

I need ideas ladies.. I was thinking a sweet plaque that says something sentimental but... eh...

Anyone have any ideas??
Sneetch likes this.

Last edited by MsRK; February 5th, 2013 at 02:24 PM.
February 5th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you thought about writing her a hand written letter telling her these things? Some of my most treasured things are handwritten letters/ notes from people. I know that my mom has a box of special letters that she has received over the years and they mean the world to her.

Or maybe you could give her a nice picture frame with a picture of you and her (and maybe DH if you want) in it and then have the frame have a space for a picture of the baby?

It sounds like your mom has been a wonderful support for you and I am sure that she will love anything that you give her.
Sneetch and MsRK like this.
February 5th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_cat View Post
Have you thought about writing her a hand written letter telling her these things? Some of my most treasured things are handwritten letters/ notes from people. I know that my mom has a box of special letters that she has received over the years and they mean the world to her.

Or maybe you could give her a nice picture frame with a picture of you and her (and maybe DH if you want) in it and then have the frame have a space for a picture of the baby?

It sounds like your mom has been a wonderful support for you and I am sure that she will love anything that you give her.
Oh I love the idea of a handwritten letter! I don't know why I didn't think of it. I think that I want to do the letter and give her something else with it. Ugg I'm tearing already thinking of the things to say in the letter. lol Hormonal sentimental letter here we come.

I still want to find something for her to have as well though...

THANK YOU for your ideas!! *hug*

Last edited by MsRK; February 5th, 2013 at 02:46 PM.
February 5th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you still wanted to do a locket, would she like it on a brooch or a bracelet?

What about a photo book with a letter?

A friend of mine once gave me a personalized photo frame with my son's name and birthday on it and a quote. I really love it.
MsRK likes this.
February 5th, 2013, 02:48 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
above idea is great! you can frame such a letter too, maybe a double frame with baby's pic or U/S pic in the other half. You can also do something like this
Amazon.com: Pearhead Babyprints Photo Frame: Baby
MsRK likes this.
February 5th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetch View Post
If you still wanted to do a locket, would she like it on a brooch or a bracelet?

What about a photo book with a letter?

A friend of mine once gave me a personalized photo frame with my son's name and birthday on it and a quote. I really love it.
Oh I love the photo book idea too! I can add a bunch of pics of me and DH as we were growing up and the baby's cuter ultrasound pics with plenty of space for Darion's new baby pics! GREAT idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
above idea is great! you can frame such a letter too, maybe a double frame with baby's pic or U/S pic in the other half. You can also do something like this
Amazon.com: Pearhead Babyprints Photo Frame: Baby

This is so darn cute! It will be a great gift to get for the inlaws and fam once the baby is born! I love it.
February 5th, 2013, 04:20 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's very sweet of you to do something so special for her. And she definitely sounds like a wonderfully supportive mother!

I wish I had a great idea, but my pregnant brain is drawing a blank. The others had some good suggestions, though!
~AmazedByYou~ and MsRK like this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

February 6th, 2013, 01:45 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
One year for Father's Day, we made my dad an ABC scrapbook. Each page is a different letter of the alphabet. Then we tied in things that he loves (including lots of family pictures) with each letter. He really enjoyed that, especially since it was something handmade by all of us. We did a 12x12 book, but you could do a smaller 8x8 book that might not take quite so much time.
MsRK likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search