Has Anyone else experienced this ever?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Veteran
I am going completely nuts here! For the past 2 weeks or so I have had this HORRIBLE bitter taste in my mouth, that no matter what I have done or do, it will NOT go away! At times (not often) I get a salty taste in my mouth, but mostly it is this bitter taste and it is making me sick! I have brushed my teeth, rinsed my mouth out with Baking Soda and salt, it takes it away for a few minutes, but it comes right back and it is there all day long! I have used mouth wash, brush & scrape my tongue everytime I brush my teeth! I have been drinking Orange Juice, lots of water (which Water tastes so nasty right now because of this)

I have gone to the Doctors & Hospital for this! At first they said it could be Thrush, put me on medicine for that, then was told it is not thrush, put on antibiotics for possibility of Strep throat, which it wasn't! Went back on Friday and was told to keep doing Nystatin rinse They said it could be Acid Reflux, Sinus Drainage, or just could be coming from my pregnancy!

I am so miserable and just want this horrible bitter taste that I constantly have to go away! Has anyone experienced this? If so, what helped you get rid of this??? Anyone have any ideas for me about what to do here?

February 5th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never experienced this but I'm pretty sure I've read that some women have this due to pregnancy.

Mommy to 4 boys
February 5th, 2013, 08:48 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In my first trimester with both pregnancies I had a yucky metal taste in my mouth, my understanding is it's due to hormones going berserk. I'm not sure what it could mean in 3rd trimester though, could be hormonal, have you been checked for anemia lately?
February 6th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Could it be your vitamin..It could be mixing with your hormones some how. I had trouble with vitamins and taste in my mouth my first pregnancy. I tried switching prenatals and it helped.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search