Do You Remember ...

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
What you were doing

......at this time 3 years ago?

......at this time 5 years ago?

......and if you can remember, at this time 10 years ago?

Well, 3 years ago I was most likely working. 5 years ago I was still living at home with my mommy & going to College/working Part Time at a Restaurant, getting ready to graduate in May of '08 and 10 years ago ... geesh I think I had just started Community College after returning home from NYC. Def stil living at home ... hadn't even met my SO yet

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

February 14th, 2013, 06:11 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let's see...

3 years ago: I had a tiny little baby! She was almost 6 weeks old. So, I was probably at home with her, either breastfeeding or sleeping!

5 years ago: I was working...same place I am now, but as a staff pharmacist at that time. Way different environment...much more stressful back then.

10 years ago: I was living in Thailand, engaged, getting ready to move back home. I had my interview for pharmacy school in March of '03, my wedding in July of '03, and started pharmacy school in August!
Missa_Mae likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

February 14th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What you were doing
......at this time 3 years ago? 3 years ago my daughter was only 2 weeks old. I would have been home with both kids recovering from my section.

......at this time 5 years ago? 5 years ago we were preparing for my sons first birthday party!!

......and if you can remember, at this time 10 years ago? 10 years ago... I was living with my husband but we weren't married yet. I was working at a high end restaurant gearing up for one of the busiest nights of the year.

February 14th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Mommy :)
3 years ago: I was a mommy to a 9 month old and a 3 1/2 year old. I was in my last semester of classes before my student teaching. I was married to the girls dad.

5 years ago: I was a mommy to a 1 1/2 year old. I was actually taking prerequisites for nursing. (I decided I would step away from teaching but once I got into nursing program I decided to go back)

10 years ago: I was only 14 and in high school. I was in yearbook and cheered. I babysat to make some money.

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)
February 14th, 2013, 06:51 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HMM

3 years ago : My son was about 3, I was working at a Retirement Home, and the Winter Olympics were near me in Vancouver!

5 years ago: I was living on my own with DS, finishing up school.

10? - I was graduating highschool!!
February 14th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
3 years ago I was a month into my first semester at Texas A&M, I had transferred from a jr. college where I had only taken a few hours here and there. When I began at A&M I started taking classes full time. This was interesting as my husband was a Grad student. We had the experience of passing off kiddos on campus to make it to our classes.

5 years ago, I was just about as far along pregnant with Isaac as I am now. My bedrest had recently been lifted and I was able to hit the gym again....lightly of course. He was born April 30 rather than his EDD of May 14.

10 years ago, same story as above. I was anxiously preparing the nursery and nervously awaiting the arrival of my first baby, Collin. He was born May 5th, so I was probably a few weeks less into my pregnancy as I am now.

Mommy to 4 boys
February 14th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What you were doing

......at this time 3 years ago?
I was working w my current family And just had got married a few mt before

......at this time 5 years ago?
Working at a preschool living at my dads that was the life a disposible income I miss that lol

......and if you can remember, at this time 10 years ago?
Just had moved to Washington state. And here I am 10 years later still wanting to move back
February 14th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Super Mommy
3 years ago: Working. Actually I think I had to travel for work that day. That year I was actually travelling on Valentines day and my birthday a few days later. DH was not happy that I missed both.

5 years ago: I was in law school. I had been dating a guy for about 2 weeks. He bought me a bunch of roses and kept leaving them places for me to find them. It drove me crazy and we broke up the next day. I'm not much of a romantic.

10 years ago: I was in my senior year of high school. I don't remember what I was doing on the specific day.
February 14th, 2013, 10:57 AM
alyssabeth2685's Avatar Veteran
What you were doing

......at this time 3 years ago? - Working - married w.two kids

......at this time 5 years ago? Working my older daughter was almost 2 - going through custody drama w/her dead beat dad. Had been with DH for a few months and had just found out I was pregnant! We were looking for our own place together.

......and if you can remember, at this time 10 years ago? I was a senior in High school! And just couldn't wait to get the heck out of there!
February 14th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What you were doing

......at this time 3 years ago? I was about 2 months pg with my second daughter

......at this time 5 years ago? I was about 34 weeks pg with my first daughter

......and if you can remember, at this time 10 years ago? I had just started dating dh

February 14th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
3 years ago: I was a SAHM to a 3-year-old and my Etsy shop was starting to pick up.

5 years ago: We had just moved from a different part of the country and it was a crazy harsh winter. I had a 1-year-old and I felt totally isolated in my house because I didn't want to leave my baby in the house by himself so I could go dig out my car to go anywhere.

10 years ago: I was working as a newspaper reporter. DH and I had just bought our first house. The house was about 100 years old when we bought it and I LOVED that house.
February 14th, 2013, 01:07 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
3 years ago: I can't remember anything specific. DS would have been 3 and a half and DH and I weren't married yet but we were together and we probably went to Medieval Times for Valentine's Day (our family tradition).
5 years ago: 2008, I had a one and a half year old and was single. Wow its amazing how much of my life I don't remember!
10 years ago: I was working as a nurse in upstate New York. Married to my ex-husband (got married young, didn't stay married long, not DS's father). Was probably snowed in and miserable while he went to school.
February 14th, 2013, 01:40 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
3 years ago? I had just accepted the offer for my current position, and we were getting ready to buy a house.

5 years ago?
Looking for a position that didn't require commuting into the city every day and moving across town.

10 years ago?
Just getting ready to go back to work after being off for just over a year so my hubby could go back to school.

Sad, it seems I am always looking for or starting new jobs around Valentine's Day.

February 14th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
What you were doin
......at this time 3 years ago?19.. I would be in Cosmetology School hating it! haha

......at this time 5 years ago? 16.. I would have been in High school

......and if you can remember, at this time 10 years ago? 12.. haha in middle school doing who knows what! ...

Sorry not much on specifics I can't really remember too much since it was mostly in school stuff !

February 15th, 2013, 09:59 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So interesting to read all the responses!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search