Old TV shows that you still watch....

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree30Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2013, 09:24 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
.. The web makes it so easy to jump back and watch some of the old TV shows that you used to love. Is anyone else watching some old TV shows online or something?

I've been watching Frasier and The Flintstones for some reason lately. The Flintstones have a LOT of episodes.

I just saw the episode where Wilma had pebbles and it was really funny. Fred was panicking like crazy and wouldn't let Wilma do anything when the doctor said that the baby will be due any day now. Wilma told him to calm down and he said "That's easy for you to say, your wife isn't having a baby soon." *lol*

I imagine DH being just like this during the last few days. He is already super fussing after me now that I have been having so much groin/hip/butt pain. I went to bend over to pick up the napkins that I dropped on the floor and he yelled "What are you doing!!!??, You can't do that anymore." I was cracking up and said .."How do you think that I get things off of the floor when you are at work all day??"

My DH is too funny/cute..
Purple_cat, plastikmom and anjawb like this.
February 14th, 2013, 09:43 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRK View Post
Fred was panicking like crazy and wouldn't let Wilma do anything when the doctor said that the baby will be due any day now. Wilma told him to calm down and he said "That's easy for you to say, your wife isn't having a baby soon." *lol*
LOL! That's cute!

I haven't been watching anything TOO old, but I have been watching Arrested Development lately. Funny stuff.
Purple_cat and MsRK like this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

February 14th, 2013, 09:48 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband convinved me to watch Wonder years, Ally Mcbeal, and Freaks and geeks. I've never seen those before and they were on netflix. Oh and our most recent was the Tudors (not very good lol) I'm not into rewatching things I've seen so don't really do that.
Sneetch and MsRK like this.
February 14th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Atank03's Avatar Veteran
I love watching That 70's show, Reba and Rosanne!! My fav old show is Mama's Family but its never on tv anymore.
JenLee and MsRK like this.
February 14th, 2013, 10:13 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
My husband convinved me to watch Wonder years, Ally Mcbeal, and Freaks and geeks. I've never seen those before and they were on netflix. Oh and our most recent was the Tudors (not very good lol) I'm not into rewatching things I've seen so don't really do that.
Oh my god.. The Wonder Years! I miss that show.. I have to check that out! Freaks and Geeks is a classic too! Good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atank03 View Post
I love watching That 70's show, Reba and Rosanne!! My fav old show is Mama's Family but its never on tv anymore.

Wow Mama's Family is another old old classic one...

Do you remember how RIDICULOUSLY popular Rosanne was? I remember when it leaked that her husband was going to have a heart attack on the next episode two of my friends refused to go out that day so that they could watch it. I always remember that because it shocked me how into that show people were. But having Tevo, DVR or the web to catch a lost episode wasn't out then..so I guess you HAD to catch it when it aired or miss out until rerun time or someone video taped it for you.

Last edited by MsRK; February 14th, 2013 at 10:19 AM.
February 14th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Super Mommy
If there is nothing else on I watch "I love Lucy" and "Andy Griffith show"
February 14th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Full house and Roseanne
Atank03 likes this.
February 14th, 2013, 12:26 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
I haven't been watching anything TOO old, but I have been watching Arrested Development lately. Funny stuff.
I think you said you hadn't seen any of it before, right? I'm excited you like it- it's so good.

We like to watch the BBC comedies on one of our PBS stations that I think are a few years old. We especially like The Old Guys (which I dont' think they have on much now) and The Vicar of Dibley. My husband can't resist the Stooges or Seinfeld, so that is sometimes on.

I don't go hunting for much older stuff myself.
MsRK likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 12:37 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineBean View Post
We like to watch the BBC comedies on one of our PBS stations that I think are a few years old. We especially like The Old Guys (which I dont' think they have on much now) and The Vicar of Dibley. My husband can't resist the Stooges or Seinfeld, so that is sometimes on.

I don't go hunting for much older stuff myself.
I just checked and netflix has Keeping Up Appearances. I will be digging into that later today!!! I grew up watching this on sundays, and my family and I still quote it regularly.

I have been rewatching Greys Anatomy from the beginning.
MsRK likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Wonder Years is easily one of my favorite shows ever. And my brother told me about Freaks and Geeks and it sounds like I would like it. Isn't Jason Segel in it? I like him.

We like to watch Seinfeld, The Cosby Show and Everybody Loves Raymond.
MsRK likes this.
February 14th, 2013, 12:49 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineBean View Post
I think you said you hadn't seen any of it before, right? I'm excited you like it- it's so good.
That's right! Definitely funny. That's what I've been watching at nights right before bed.
MaineBean likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

February 14th, 2013, 01:11 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I saw an episode of Boy Meets World on TV about a week ago. It was so cute. Definitely a trip down memory lane! I loved Wonder Years too, but haven't seen that in forever. Every once in awhile I catch Saved by the Bell too!
Sneetch, JennBer, MsRK and 1 others like this.
February 14th, 2013, 01:15 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm excited that my daughter has become a big fan of Full House! Gives me an excuse to watch it!
Sneetch, MsRK and anjawb like this.

February 14th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was watching Arrested Development on Netflix when I was still able to do the elliptical and I liked it. My rule was that I could only watch it while I was actually exercising so I had to stop. I am hoping to get back into after the baby is here and I am cleared to start exercising again.
MsRK likes this.
February 14th, 2013, 02:53 PM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
Let's see old shows that I watch, Make it or Break it, Buffy, Angel, Gilmore Girls, Charmed, Dr. Quinn, catch an episode or two of Saved by the Bell and Boy meets world sometimes. Haven't really been doing a lot of watching lately because anytime I am not actually chasing the girls down I spend trying to sleep but those are the ones I like to watch when I do. That is if I don't have an episode of one of the new shows I'm watching waiting for me in the DVR.

February 14th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Def will catch reruns of Full House, Saved by the Bell, the original 90120 and Boy Meets World

And if I'm feeling really kiddish - I watch The Flintstone's and The Jetsons!

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

February 14th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastikmom View Post
I saw an episode of Boy Meets World on TV about a week ago. It was so cute. Definitely a trip down memory lane! I loved Wonder Years too, but haven't seen that in forever. Every once in awhile I catch Saved by the Bell too!
Did you hear they are making "Girl Meets World" about Cory and Topanga's daughter? And the same actors will play Cory and Topanga. Super awesome. I hope it's good.
jen747 and plastikmom like this.
February 14th, 2013, 03:18 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
^ im kinda excited if this is true...
Sneetch likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I dvr every episode of numbers, does that count?

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

February 14th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
The Golden Girls! I love those 3 old ladies!
plastikmom likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search